Explosive Arrow Marauder (Updated for Release)

So open with LA, followed by 5 stack EA, followed by flammability? Bear traps & PA & totems if you have the gem slots for it I'm guessing?
IGN: Mibuwolf
Last edited by mibuwolf on Feb 12, 2013, 12:23:33 PM
The mana version of this build is doable but it's a lot less tanky. I ran a witch EA for a bit, basically it relies on EB to provide the necessary mana to spam a high mana cost ability with such a high attack speed(using quill rain).

The upside is you can run Purity which gives more fire resist past the cap so you end up with like 84% fire resist, and you're also close to the witch aoe and fire passives so the damage is bigger and in a larger area. The huge downside is the lower hp pool and since your ES gets converted, you really don't have much in terms of defenses. You can run Grace to help a bit but you're still looking at a much squishier version.

Died on Merciless Vaal with mine, he killed me with rocks stuns, 3rocks in a row basically and I couldn't move, had Molten Shell up too but still with little armor(2-3k or so I forgot) and only 2.4k hp, every rock was stunning me, my fault for not refilling my granite earlier. Other than vaal though I had no issue besides nearly one shotting myself in Felshrine early on before I had elemental adaptation but with it and Purity I never even came close.

I'm thinking of possibly remaking the build as marauder, pretty similar to this. It's a pretty solid build I think, very high damage, but EE makes it a bit group unfriendly if people are running anger/wrath/hatred auras.
I don't really think EE is necessary in a group. Also, 2.4k hp at Merciless Vaal is abysmal. I have that much hp at cruel vaal.

I like to flammability, 5 stack, then LA. Also, PA is unnecessary since things die in one volley anyway. Totems are nice, specifically decoy or skele.
Last edited by Pastromy on Feb 12, 2013, 4:14:00 PM
could you make progression tree ? something like 20/40/60 lvl
Sure, I can do that. I'll edit the main post with it when I'm done.
This might have been asked but i will do it again ... how do you not get killed by ele reflect on 69 maps?

I have HC 74 LA Ele BM maru and my hp drops when there is large group of mobs and i use my LA on them the thing is i stop doing it and kill rare but im alive and able to do it.

Everything prior to maps doesnt matter much so ... can you even survive if you make mistake in quil rain EA rampage mode?
OP you forgot to get the bottom Diamond Skin node next to IR in your 50/70 build break-down.

IGN: Mibuwolf
Last edited by mibuwolf on Feb 12, 2013, 11:40:05 PM
Ah... I did forget the diamond skin at the bottom... It was an oversight.

As far as killing myself on reflect, I never find it an issue. I don't go "rampage mode". I find that 1 or 2 fuses is enough to take out the white mobs with the rare--while only hitting me for around 20% of my hp tops. After the white mobs are dead, I can 5 stack the rare with little issue.

Also, if you're using LA, I would recommend using Life on Hit. I have an 87 LA EB shadow that can unload on ele reflect mobs. LoH+Chain grants near impunity to reflect on my AoE with it.
would a explosive arrow shadow work?
Well i rerolled to templar la bow and he died at vaal so now im making whole new concept, kinda bored of bows but what your saying is very likely what will kill me.

Cuz when u reach certain point, you get comfy and a bit careless and those stacks ll reach some mobs, ele will show up and i will die like a moron wasting my time put in character.

Im not saying it cant be done or that build is not strong i just feel like its kinda not the best idea to run it in hc.

Hoped for some feedback if mby with 85 fire res you can survive this reflected damage with big hp pool.

My problem with this build is that when you released EA its kinda too late and imo its stupid to die like this thats it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info