(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Curtsie wrote:
"
Boltonsquads wrote:
The build itself is relatively good however it has too much HP and no damage mitigation at all, also the gearing is for standard league getting some of these items on the new leagues will be incredibly expensive/impossible such as Headhunter.

I'm not sure you even looked at any of the build at all, it states nothing is required, people are running this build pretty much copied 99% and it's working very well in the new leagues.

Also, it's a high life armour based melee class with fortify, which is the best mitigation in the game right now.

As posted in another thread Fortify is terrible I was level 88 when typing this:

To put Fortify into perspective I'm currently level 88

I have got the 4 Fortify nodes in the tree currently, I won't have soon.

Melee damage while fortified x2
Fortify effect & Duration
Rampart

This gives me:

2% extra armor
3k extra damage

While Fortify is active which is 6s and stays up during combat

For 4 nodes and the price of a socket on my 5L Cyclone setup it is incredibly pointless in it's current form.
"
Boltonsquads wrote:

For 4 nodes and the price of a socket on my 5L Cyclone setup it is incredibly pointless in it's current form.

20% reduced Damage Taken from Hits doesn't sound pointless to me.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Back in NY and I will begin answering all questions from the past 2 days, over the next few hours.
LightyGaming.com
"
shiodas wrote:

Hey was wondering about your staff block cyclone project you talk about. You talk about potential power charges through block with the passive, but then you get Resolute Technique? I'm guessing you don't take RT?

im not 100% sure if id go crit or rt, but the option is there for the power charge generation ( however efficient it may be ). Basically ima get a 6l hege era and do some testing when i can
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jul 25, 2015, 9:25:52 PM
"
assek2k10 wrote:
Hey! I just hit 90 with this awesome build, and at this point I have few questions.

Is Fortify profitable? I'm using it as 6th link (was lucky enough to get a 6L axe from Strongbox)
I linked Cyclone with Faster Attacks - Blood Magic - Life Leech - Melee Physical Damage - Fortify (Added Fire Damage before Fortify) and i have about 2,5k dps less that with added fire.

Does Vengeance works while I'm spinning? I'm looking for a setup to get some Endurance charges without casting Enduring Cry manually, so I linked Warlord's mark to CWDT.

Are those Life Leech nodes from tree enough to sustain without Life Leech gem?

Fortify is 100% worth it, decent damage an 20% reduced damage taken from hits. Grats on the 6l axe! Vengeance does work will spinning and is a passive counterattack that functions without the users consent. Warlords with cwdt works pretty well for curse application. The leech on tree along with leech bloodrage should be enough to keep you afloat later on without needing life leech or life gain on hit support gems.
LightyGaming.com
"
LeeBee wrote:
Hi Lighty! Great guide, really appreciate the well thought out and explained principles.

What do you think of linking vengence with fortify so I can add a better damage support gem to cyclone?

Keep up the great work, I'm learning a ton about cyclone and the game in general reading through all your replies!

Thanks a bundle, sadly fortify doesn't work with vengeance. If your looking to link stuff with vengeance, endurance charge on melee stun, stun, blind, curse on hit + curse are all viable option that you can look into. I hope your cyclone enjoyment doesn't stop, mine hasn't!
LightyGaming.com
"
LeeBee wrote:
Oh, second question: for hardcore would it make sense to get the blood magic node for the amazing % life nodes behind it, and to open up another gem slot for cyclone?

Im currently looking into this on tempest, i will keep you posted but my expectation is it wont be worth it due to the tremendous damage loss from not running hatred + haste/hoa+another 25% aura.
LightyGaming.com
"
Wayn091 wrote:
"
assek2k10 wrote:
Hey! I just hit 90 with this awesome build, and at this point I have few questions.

Is Fortify profitable? I'm using it as 6th link (was lucky enough to get a 6L axe from Strongbox)
I linked Cyclone with Faster Attacks - Blood Magic - Life Leech - Melee Physical Damage - Fortify (Added Fire Damage before Fortify) and i have about 2,5k dps less that with added fire.

Does Vengeance works while I'm spinning? I'm looking for a setup to get some Endurance charges without casting Enduring Cry manually, so I linked Warlord's mark to CWDT.

Are those Life Leech nodes from tree enough to sustain without Life Leech gem?

You shouldn't need life leech, especially at lvl 90. I have 0.39% phys damage to life on my gloves and haven't run lgoh/life leech since lvl 76. I'd replace life leech with Added Fire Damage personally.

This should be the case, early on life gain on hit will outperform life leech in general but around 85+ it should be safe to drop all external forms of leech/lgoh and surviving shouldn't be an issue between the life leech on tree and bloodrage.
LightyGaming.com
"
Wayn091 wrote:
"
LeeBee wrote:
Hi Lighty! Great guide, really appreciate the well thought out and explained principles.

What do you think of linking vengence with fortify so I can add a better damage support gem to cyclone?

Keep up the great work, I'm learning a ton about cyclone and the game in general reading through all your replies!

I already tried vengeance with fortify and Fortify never, ever proc'ed so I left it linked to cyclone.

Sadly vengeance and fortify arnt compatible. I fear that it would have been slightly overpowered if that were the case; especially considering ggg is attempting to shy away from builds with to many passively acting functions.
LightyGaming.com
"
Boltonsquads wrote:
"
Curtsie wrote:
"
Boltonsquads wrote:
The build itself is relatively good however it has too much HP and no damage mitigation at all, also the gearing is for standard league getting some of these items on the new leagues will be incredibly expensive/impossible such as Headhunter.

I'm not sure you even looked at any of the build at all, it states nothing is required, people are running this build pretty much copied 99% and it's working very well in the new leagues.

Also, it's a high life armour based melee class with fortify, which is the best mitigation in the game right now.

As posted in another thread Fortify is terrible I was level 88 when typing this:

To put Fortify into perspective I'm currently level 88

I have got the 4 Fortify nodes in the tree currently, I won't have soon.

Melee damage while fortified x2
Fortify effect & Duration
Rampart

This gives me:

2% extra armor
3k extra damage

While Fortify is active which is 6s and stays up during combat

We seem to be playing two different games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info