(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Ah thanks!, should i instead try to get 5 line on Doomsower? due to socket increase dmg from doomsower, or it does not matter which gear i can use gem on?

Generally you would want your Cyclone in your Doomsower but not if it's to sacrifice a fifth or sixth link. An Increased Area of Effect gem will give you a larger bonus and give you the option to switch to a Concentrated Effect gem for bosses (although you'd probably use Added Fire Damage instead of either). If you have the jeweller's and fusings available to gamble then by all means go for it. If you're a bit low on currency, however, a 5l chest will be a bit less of a gamble.

The biggest benefit of having a 5link chest is that you can always be on the lookout for weapon upgrades without being forced to 5/6 link it to make your build functional. This'll let you resell your old weapon immediately to fund upgrades for the rest of your gear rather than having your big weapon upgrade sleeping in your stash until you can link it.
Last edited by Atsuta on Jul 24, 2015, 9:53:02 PM
Would you keep using the HoA if you had the normal kaom's heart with 40% fire dmg? I dont have kaom's yet and already do 2.5-3k more damage with HoA than Haste....and i dont think 8% movespeed is worth that much dps (and the extra space from not having to link bloodrage with blood magic)

Last edited by Kronox001 on Jul 24, 2015, 10:34:51 PM
Which of the axe damage nodes should you go for first? Splitting Strikes, Slaughter, or Cleaving?
with Atziri's Disfavour in mind, should i be going oak or kraityn in cruel? also did you take the endurance charge or the skill point
Last edited by willypop on Jul 24, 2015, 11:54:06 PM
Anyone know what's better? A ~400 pdps kaom's primacy or a ~500 pdps rare axe?
Guys i need help is is worth to exalt this item
? I never crafted an item it is my first time.

Great Guide btw works really well !
"
oliverpeople wrote:

the 500pdps axe is going to be way better
I don't have the knowledge or experience that Lighty has, but I'll try to answer a few things until he gets back.

"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Which of the axe damage nodes should you go for first? Splitting Strikes, Slaughter, or Cleaving?

Solely depends on what you want. Do you want raw, unadulterated Damage? Cleaving. Do you want a little bit more attack speed and have some Onslaught fun value? Slaughter. Do you feel like you need the extra sustain/leech on top of the Hematophagy node? Splitting Strikes.

If you don't have life leech on your jewelry and/or gloves then I'd grab Splitting Strikes first. Otherwise I'd personally go for Slaughter, Cleaving, and then Splitting Strikes with a sprinkle of life/regen/jewel nodes in between each of them.

"
willypop wrote:
with Atziri's Disfavour in mind, should i be going oak or kraityn in cruel? also did you take the endurance charge or the skill point

We don't have much attack speed available in the tree, so if you're using a weapon as monstrous as Atziri's Disfavour then you'll find more return value from helping Kraitlyn in Cruel.

As far as Endurance vs Frenzy vs Point goes, I personally think you can't really go wrong with whatever you choose. It solely depends on what you want and what you plan to do. The extra Endurance charge is great for harder content and even better if you took the Endurance charge in the Marauder tree and the extra life regeneration per charge that leads up to it. If you're using or plan to use Warlord's Mark, Enduring Cry, and/or an Endurance Charge on Melee Stun setup then taking the charge will have more value.

I've always felt that the extra point is only valuable if you don't plan on actively using any charges at all. An extra charge generally costs two passive points so going for a charge as the quest reward is all-around good value. I know this wasn't an option by you or Lighty, but with Blood Rage you'll be maintaing frenzy charges fairly easily as long as there are mobs to kill. I think it's a solid option, but it kind of goes against the philosophy of this build of focusing on crazy sustain and tankiness.
"
oliverpeople wrote:

As NataZ said, a 500pdps rare Axe will be strictly better.

Kaom's Primacy is generally the go to starter weapon due to it's relatively cheap price and overall availability (a couple chaos for a decent roll in Warbands). Primacy doesn't have an attack speed mod so it's overall pdps is mainly from it's monstrous physical damage range; a damage range that Cyclone can utilize very efficiently. This paired with Culling Strike generally makes Primacy the superior option to rares with similar pdps that are inflated to attack speed. It's when you're pushing into 440+ pdps rares that Kaom's Primacy tends to be a bit more lackluster (as they'll start having similar or higher weapon ranges paired with attack speed), but those rares tend to be a bit more expensive for a relatively small upgrade.
I replaced Phase run with Vaals haste and find it great. Spamming phase run became a bit annoying. Is that gem swap viable? It still is connected to increased duration along with blood rage and blood magic.

Is it possible to add Snakebite - Assassins Mitts to suggested gloves it works great with Frenzy charges and is cheap.
Last edited by Xaphiar on Jul 25, 2015, 8:37:45 AM
Seems like I've found my dream Cyclone build. Thank you very much for the guide, definitely suits my life! :D

Right now I'm having 7.6k Cyclone tooltip DPS and goes up to 8.1k with Fortify at level 58. Following is my gear , any suggestion for improvement is welcomed! :D
Spoiler

- Heavy Strike used for single targets sometimes till I can find better combo to suit in slots. ( 15k DPS isn't that bad, right? :D )

-Tabula dropped out of no where in A2C haha. Using it till I can afford a cheap 6L. I don't wanna sacrifice the amazing DPS from 6L :(

Thank you! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info