(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Archimtiros wrote:

* Juggernaut is even more tanky than before, and its crit line offers extremely competitive damage.

Bro, got a link to crit Jugg please? Because it sounds tasty! ^_^
~ Comfortably Numb
"
Archimtiros wrote:

As for absolute best, Slayer still wins for raw speed mapping/Izaro, while Juggernaut survivability will have an easier time pushing harder content and will catch up or even surpass in damage once fully invested in its crit line.

I'm curious though, in the guides' Jugg tree, he takes resolute technique, so he won't be able to crit.. unless I'm missing something?
Last edited by edgaard on Mar 3, 2018, 12:42:32 AM
"
edgaard wrote:
"
Archimtiros wrote:

As for absolute best, Slayer still wins for raw speed mapping/Izaro, while Juggernaut survivability will have an easier time pushing harder content and will catch up or even surpass in damage once fully invested in its crit line.

I'm curious though, in the guides' Jugg tree, he takes resolute technique, so he won't be able to crit.. unless I'm missing something?

Different build, using the Undeniable ascendancy node. I'd consider it a late game change, rather than something to build at the start. It adds a lot of potential power, but you need to give up survivability in order to get crit on the passive tree, and you'll need some late game gear to truly take advantage of it. Resolute Technique would be preferable until you're actually able to do uber labs in the first place.
Is there any route i should take from like from 1-30, 30-60 etc. not sure where to go first. gonna be playing hc slayer. any tips are appreciated!!
Resolute Technique, why?
Archimtiros said it two post above you.

For Leveling you take RT and later on you when you have the gear for it,
you can change the tree and got crit.

RT is good for leveling as it removes the need for accuracy because your attacks will always hit.
Big thanks for the guide. Going as Jugg and it feels good so far.
Would really also like to see a crit jugg three, to maybe change to later on in the 85-90ish i guess? depending on gear ofc.
"
Big thanks for the guide. Going as Jugg and it feels good so far.
Would really also like to see a crit jugg three, to maybe change to later on in the 85-90ish i guess? depending on gear ofc.

I've been playing around with it, and it's pretty nice. Juggernaut is extremely tanky, with easy endurance charge generation, which is a huge QoL both not having to worry about Warlord's Mark/Enduring Cry (though you can still use it as a pseudo-heal, especially on hardcore).

There's a lot of room for customization in both the Ascendency and passive tree as well. You can actually take Undeniable (crit route) at any time, but I feel like the damage boost is largely unnecessary until you're in mid-late maps, since raw gear and links can carry your damage up until that point anyway.

I decided to go with Unstoppable -> Unflinching -> Unbreakable -> Undeniable, but really all the ascendancy notables are strong. Unrelenting is fairly competitive with Unbreakable, Unyielding increased AoE is very nice for Cyclone, and you even could potentially drop Unstoppable if you have enough movespeed on gear and don't mind dealing with chill/slow/tempchains (or want to use Kaom's Roots), but I value the QoL.

Still haven't decided the best passive tree for Crit yet, unfortunately there just isn't a lot of support for it on the right side of the tree unless you go staff (which would be fine), but I really like to see how this build plays out with Starforge for shock. Since crit is really just free damage on top of what we would have gotten out of RT anyway, I'm not too worried about min/maxing it, Juggernaut is first and foremost a tank.

Since I'm going full phys and don't need defensive auras, I'm also planning on running dual-curse Vuln + Assassin's Mark (eventually Oskarm), swapping for Enfeeble/TempChains as needed for bosses.

It certainly isn't going to be the fastest or highest DPS build this league, but it's a simple, straightforward, and satisfying one. Since I'm the type of player who likes to tab out to check Discord or rearrange my inventory mid-maps, it's a refreshing change of pace from Slayer's "hurry up and don't waste your buffs" playstyle.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 5, 2018, 4:28:49 PM
I played Crit Cyclone Jugg to Level 100.

The tree I used was:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAcbYWGM9_IzP9khfPxQg7w5QR-RRl3kJljkO6wmFUtlhrY3Pfnas6hj3MpJ93COYb-XP-OsUcdl8ggfz3Whlu-2RzhuqEPDyWoE6wQfXfmMXwQR5aD_86GYIsaluwBp4DbXybzs1kv6PTeOmVzrh8kX-Cti9d-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqeplIdqkGypJ4Tv2sF07QUteu8uU9NvbyeaakCgIWB08Y9gGNsUdXfX459noId2Sn2i6hLhVvp_KzB81FJ0oAaiF9wGII19I_ZNklFHPs-95jfU7T_nVCT9_97L9TGw3L3nD-XmnMS3Ig==

Having a look at recent ranges, I would unspec eagle eye on the main tree since Undeniable got buffed. Since I was using Kaoms heart as a chest, I went with the Endurance Charge pathing and the movement speed as my other ascendancy points.

Damage was not as good as Raider of Pathfinder, but it was very tanky in general.

I was using an exquisite blade.

For Starforge-based crit, you definitely are going to want to slap cyclone in an Elder Chest with +1.5% base crit to make up for the weak 5% base crit of the weapon. The issue with Cyclone is that it rolls al the crits per attack, not per hit, so you can get stuck in long, non-crit cyclones. You want it to be as consistent as possible. For Starforge I would 100% use the following links:

1. Cyclone
2. Melee Physical Damage
3. Maim
4. Increased Critical Strikes.

Beyond that, you have some other good candidates.

5. Brutality - Good choice for simplicity, best if you have great rings with essenced crit multi. If not, double Mings Heart with other options might be better.

6. Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - With Death's Door and +2 on tree, Jugg gets at least 6 EC which will be 18% more damage given its recent buff of 3% more dmg per EC.

7. Conc Effect - If you have enough weapon range (daressos, +1 elder gloves) the reduced AOE is not even noticeable and its a tremendous boost.

8. Fortify- For the defensively-minded.

9. Chance to Bleed- I dont really think its all that great. Good clearing boost as it finishes off packs, but its not great on bosses at all, even in full bleed spec (Crimson dance, Red Storm, Bloodletting).

10. Faster Attacks- An old classic if you have not much attack speed anywhere else.

11. Damage on Full Life - Decent option but I feel its better for Slayer, not Jugg.

For my non-crit setup, I settled on Cyclone, Melee Physical, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, Brutality, Maim and Concentrated Effect. I swap maim for fortify if I feel too lazy to proc fortify.

The other question is whether to use blood magic or not.

Blood Magic is more defensive, mana-based is more offensive.

I like:
- Blood Magic + Oscarm
- Mana-based with +1 curse additional amulet (Vulnerability and Assassin's Mark).

You really want to try to get 2 curses. Vuln and Ass Mark are big DPS boosts.
Last edited by Samir316 on Mar 5, 2018, 4:48:19 PM
I remembered you'd been playing Crit Juggernaut for some time, and figured you'd weigh in at some point.

I've looked at going to the Ranger side, though mostly stuck to the traditional "left side of the tree" build path so far. Moving to the right definitely picks up a lot more damage via crit, whereas mine uses those points on more raw damage/health/regen. I don't have a very good handle as to exactly how tanky the build will be late game, so I could very well be over doing it, though right now there's not a whole lot of point in going all that way until I actually have Starforge anyway.

As far as Supports go, I really like the ECoMS change, though it doesn't really fit into this build very well.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 5, 2018, 6:32:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info