(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
m00nb34m wrote:
Hey guys, total (almost) noob here - started the build looking at the first page, and the game on 3.0.

I'm currently level 75, doing t4-t5 maps. The issue is that, while having pretty good damage (at least from what it feels like), it feels like I am very squishy, even though my res are all about 70% and have 3.3k life - I can sometimes get randomly one shot.

Can somebody please take a look over and give me some tips on what could be done to improve the current state?

3,3k life just isnt enough, you should aim towards +5k life with lvl 75. Get life on all your gear and focus on life nodes in the tree.

Edit: Had a quick look on your passive tree and just moved some points around and optimised it a little:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAECAQHnBLMFLQd1CZYLYREaFCAUTRbpGJEaOBpVIVUhYCQ3LIU26DkOPAU8LUCgRmlHflBHVw1XVFivWfNaGl4TXz9f0GEhZU1oZWjybpdvJ3Kpc2t07XTxdn92rHrve4x82X7gggeDX4PMhMSE2YTvhVKHKYdqirOPYJBVkGyTqJd5mFeaap5Xns2f36IApzCpJ6mUrKqtja9stz68n702vqe_CMBmwKbE9sauz37SIdlh2sHcPeRR6hjrCe8O707vfPAf8kHynPOb9zL3vvhf_Es=?accountName=m00nb34m&characterName=Moonbeamxz
Last edited by modrek_ on Aug 18, 2017, 6:43:57 AM
"
modrek_ wrote:
"
m00nb34m wrote:
Hey guys, total (almost) noob here - started the build looking at the first page, and the game on 3.0.

I'm currently level 75, doing t4-t5 maps. The issue is that, while having pretty good damage (at least from what it feels like), it feels like I am very squishy, even though my res are all about 70% and have 3.3k life - I can sometimes get randomly one shot.

Can somebody please take a look over and give me some tips on what could be done to improve the current state?

3,3k life just isnt enough, you should aim towards +5k life with lvl 75. Get life on all your gear and focus on life nodes in the tree.

Edit: Had a quick look on your passive tree and just moved some points around and optimised it a little:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAECAQHnBLMFLQd1CZYLYREaFCAUTRbpGJEaOBpVIVUhYCQ3LIU26DkOPAU8LUCgRmlHflBHVw1XVFivWfNaGl4TXz9f0GEhZU1oZWjybpdvJ3Kpc2t07XTxdn92rHrve4x82X7gggeDX4PMhMSE2YTvhVKHKYdqirOPYJBVkGyTqJd5mFeaap5Xns2f36IApzCpJ6mUrKqtja9stz68n702vqe_CMBmwKbE9sauz37SIdlh2sHcPeRR6hjrCe8O707vfPAf8kHynPOb9zL3vvhf_Es=?accountName=m00nb34m&characterName=Moonbeamxz

Would you be so kind and check my char as well? Would be very happy
Hi there!

Quick question: Following this Build as Jugger - doing very well in T8-9 Maps. Everything fine.

Will do UberLab sone, allready have Unstoppable, Unrelenting (and Unfliching)...

Should i REALY pick Unbreakable next? Dont feel any need of more armor, def, etc. ... would UNDENIABLE be better? Would get a lot of Attack Speed imo. Would be near 14% AS = more Damage, more Leech, etc.

Thanks for helping me!
Gonna start a new character and go for the Berserker build as it seems to be the most talked about, but can anyone tell me what gem setup to use? Fairly new player and a little lost, couldn't find anything specific.
"
dyNa1337 wrote:

Would you be so kind and check my char as well? Would be very happy

I think your tree is ok. You should skill towards the scion life wheel ("Constitution" and "Path of the Warrior") in my opinion. I feel like your gear could be swapped for cheap upgrades. I would start with the boots. Look for high life rolls, movement speed and dexterity. Also replace La heup of all with a Life/Res/Dex ring. Just have look on poe trade, there should be plenty of items in the 1-5c range which should do it right now.

Also Warlords Mark is not really needed as a Berserker (dont know if you run it actually), you should have enough leech and run maybe hatred, haste or herald of ash instead.

Edit: You can look at my char (HarbingerServant") if you like, upgraded jewelry and armor just about now (spend 12c on Devotos Devotion, 8c on jewelry, 3c on body armour). Sitting at ~5k life with lvl 68.
Last edited by modrek_ on Aug 18, 2017, 11:30:54 AM
"
EvanEyolf wrote:
So after leveling a pizza sticks im really thinking about going back to cyclone, for my play style it is hard to beat the ability to do damage on the move and never really slow down, I know there are faster clear speed builds but I don't really like the jerky game play of stop and go.

I made my first real attempt at end game under breach league and started with Lightys guide then Moprhed it in to a Berserker Ngamahu fire build with vaal pac. With a lot of trial and error I got to a point were I could easily do 90% of the content and with some effort could have done the other 10% only thing I didn't do was guardians and sharper which was mostly do to lack of boss fight knowledge I only attempted them once . My one and only complaint was the unavoidable insta kills. With all of the 3.0 changes I have been thinking about giving cyclone another go.

with the 3.0 How do you think it compares with Ngamahu flame version as far as clear speed and boss killing goes?

I'm thinking of going Jug this time just for the defense. but I had some thoughts

How do think this would do if you went zerker and picked MoM instead of vaal pact or with?
It would give 30% dam reduction and with zerk you could heal the mana instantly with Ngahamu I never felt like I needed the damage I think I only took maybe 3 or 4 damage nodes that weren't on the way to something I wanted even on every thing but named mobs and bosses every thing died before the flame balls hit the ground.

on the jug side what about taken more bleeding damage in the tree also what about fitting ruthless in with cyclone hitting so fast you can get a lot ruthless ticks in which increases both instant and bleeding dam?

Im trying to figure out how to balance damage of Zerk with the defense of Jug

I have no issue sacrificing kill speed for survivablity at least with in reason. My thought is I can do more for cheaper with jugg even if takes longer to kill

so I tested MoM out. I don't recommend it we don't have enough mana/manaregen to make it worth while it worked ok for spike damage so long as you were already leaching but constant damage after cyclone ended made it so you could not recast. I died twice before I speced out of it. If I get bored I will respec out of beserker and into jug just to see how it feels its now a standard league char I dont really care about costs

"
OberstGruber wrote:
Hi there!

Quick question: Following this Build as Jugger - doing very well in T8-9 Maps. Everything fine.

Will do UberLab sone, allready have Unstoppable, Unrelenting (and Unfliching)...

Should i REALY pick Unbreakable next? Dont feel any need of more armor, def, etc. ... would UNDENIABLE be better? Would get a lot of Attack Speed imo. Would be near 14% AS = more Damage, more Leech, etc.

Thanks for helping me!

it depends on your chest plate, basically. if you have a low armour plate such as a belly of the beast, the fortify node is better. if you have 1.5k armour chest like a decent astral plate, the double armour is better.

it is worth noting that perfect stun immunity is also kinda nice, though, even if you have not much armour from chest.
Hey folks,

was hoping to get some insight here, i've been running Hezmana's for the last 10 levels or so, and its been great. have about 22k dps on the tooltip for cyclone.

Yesterday I made the switch over to Veruso's and bought my Spooky Tentacle (Tidebreaker), keep in mind both my Tidebreaker and my Hezmana are only 4L, but it was a massive DPS decrease and I wasn't particularly additionally tanky with my perma endurance charges. It actually seemed if anything my survivability was slightly /higher/ with Hezmana's (on bosses) because i was leaching so much more with the axe. Anyone have any ideas as to what i'm doing wrong or missing? I feel like its something obvious but i'd like some perspective.
"
Samir316 wrote:
"
OberstGruber wrote:
Hi there!

Thanks for helping me!

it depends on your chest plate, basically. if you have a low armour plate such as a belly of the beast, the fortify node is better. if you have 1.5k armour chest like a decent astral plate, the double armour is better.

it is worth noting that perfect stun immunity is also kinda nice, though, even if you have not much armour from chest.

Ok thx, but is fortify woth linking in a 5 or 6 socket? Thought it would be a damage lost?
"
EvanEyolf wrote:
"
EvanEyolf wrote:
So after leveling a pizza sticks im really thinking about going back to cyclone, for my play style it is hard to beat the ability to do damage on the move and never really slow down, I know there are faster clear speed builds but I don't really like the jerky game play of stop and go.

I made my first real attempt at end game under breach league and started with Lightys guide then Moprhed it in to a Berserker Ngamahu fire build with vaal pac. With a lot of trial and error I got to a point were I could easily do 90% of the content and with some effort could have done the other 10% only thing I didn't do was guardians and sharper which was mostly do to lack of boss fight knowledge I only attempted them once . My one and only complaint was the unavoidable insta kills. With all of the 3.0 changes I have been thinking about giving cyclone another go.

with the 3.0 How do you think it compares with Ngamahu flame version as far as clear speed and boss killing goes?

I'm thinking of going Jug this time just for the defense. but I had some thoughts

How do think this would do if you went zerker and picked MoM instead of vaal pact or with?
It would give 30% dam reduction and with zerk you could heal the mana instantly with Ngahamu I never felt like I needed the damage I think I only took maybe 3 or 4 damage nodes that weren't on the way to something I wanted even on every thing but named mobs and bosses every thing died before the flame balls hit the ground.

on the jug side what about taken more bleeding damage in the tree also what about fitting ruthless in with cyclone hitting so fast you can get a lot ruthless ticks in which increases both instant and bleeding dam?

Im trying to figure out how to balance damage of Zerk with the defense of Jug

I have no issue sacrificing kill speed for survivablity at least with in reason. My thought is I can do more for cheaper with jugg even if takes longer to kill

so I tested MoM out. I don't recommend it we don't have enough mana/manaregen to make it worth while it worked ok for spike damage so long as you were already leaching but constant damage after cyclone ended made it so you could not recast. I died twice before I speced out of it. If I get bored I will respec out of beserker and into jug just to see how it feels its now a standard league char I dont really care about costs

I'm doing a MoM cycloner this league and it's working well. 7,7k life, 1200 unreserved mana. Due to the boss hp changes I wanted a character with sustainability and not being reliant on flasks. My solution was a scion raider/slayer going full phys so I could get away with just vulnerability as aura. This way I have perm frenzy charges/onslaught, gearing is cheap because we don't need accuracy or elemental damage and I have good lifereg and leech to sustain longer/tougher encounters. Just make sure to get jewels with mana leech (I had 2 but 1 is sufficient now) and some mana reg on rings/amulet. Also the lab enchant for life/mana reg is super important. I'm still keeping leap slam on blood magic so I can escape if I go oom though.

Feel free to check it out. I just bought my Starforge but I did down all Guardians with a 5-link cyclone and a 470pDps rare axe.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I went Scion because of the 5 extra passive points, making MoM more affordable skillpoint-wise.
Last edited by varkotix on Aug 18, 2017, 12:42:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info