(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Lighty wrote:
I will make a vid once 2.5 patch notes come out listing all the changes to 2H RT melee in every configuration, any info on the guide now is for now and can drastically change in a few days during patch. As of now slayer>Berserker>champion/jugg>scion, that could change in a few days.

How would a Juggernaut focusing on getting endurance charges (7-9) work out, with the added damage from endurance charges, as opposed to for instance Slayer?
I understand the overall damage would probably be lower, but the added tankyness could open up gear choices a bit, and make farming uber lab a breeze. Or am I missing something that'd make this choice rather poor?

Just wondering, seeing as how you rate it rather low in among your ascendancy choices.
Thanks for the great guide. I plan on using it as a first build next sc league. I want to get to uber lab and farm it forever, not sure if jugg or slayer will be better suited for taking on izaro fully buffed.
Hey Lighty,

Thanks for posting the build for Raider. I tweaked it quite a bit, cause I assumed that I would use the snakebite gloves, as they seem to be a BiS item for frenzy charges. Since I would use the snakebites, they would give me plenty of extra accuracy, so I dropped the RT side of the tree and added more life. If you want to take a look at the tree below that I've fiddled with, I'd appreciate it. I understand if you're busy or just don't want to bother. Either way, great guide/build, it's much appreciated!!!

Tweaked:
http://bit.ly/2gyxGCg

A few tidbits of info. I've played plenty of PoE, but never bothered with build planning. So the changes I propose could be very bad. I'm just wondering what a more experienced build person would say.

Rompster
"
afie wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
I will make a vid once 2.5 patch notes come out listing all the changes to 2H RT melee in every configuration, any info on the guide now is for now and can drastically change in a few days during patch. As of now slayer>Berserker>champion/jugg>scion, that could change in a few days.

How would a Juggernaut focusing on getting endurance charges (7-9) work out, with the added damage from endurance charges, as opposed to for instance Slayer?
I understand the overall damage would probably be lower, but the added tankyness could open up gear choices a bit, and make farming uber lab a breeze. Or am I missing something that'd make this choice rather poor?

Just wondering, seeing as how you rate it rather low in among your ascendancy choices.

Slayer is just better, especially since it wasn't nerfed in 2.5. It effectively gives you 20% more damage from cull, over-leech acting as almost vaal pact like leveling of safety, reflect prevention and overall more damage from pathing and the left side of ascendancy. Just better than jugg in every way atm, slightly less tanky but if your playing HC and 2H; slayer is still the better choice.
LightyGaming.com
"
funmanguy1 wrote:
Thanks for the great guide. I plan on using it as a first build next sc league. I want to get to uber lab and farm it forever, not sure if jugg or slayer will be better suited for taking on izaro fully buffed.

Slayer is the best option, only play jugg if your paranoid or cant do traps at all. Izaro comes out at 33% on the last phase, you have 20% cull..you only have to get him 13% down to kill him..its kinda gross at the moment. Pretty much anything you do thats boss killing, slayer is better at, including shaper.
LightyGaming.com
"
Rompster wrote:
Hey Lighty,

Thanks for posting the build for Raider. I tweaked it quite a bit, cause I assumed that I would use the snakebite gloves, as they seem to be a BiS item for frenzy charges. Since I would use the snakebites, they would give me plenty of extra accuracy, so I dropped the RT side of the tree and added more life. If you want to take a look at the tree below that I've fiddled with, I'd appreciate it. I understand if you're busy or just don't want to bother. Either way, great guide/build, it's much appreciated!!!

Tweaked:
http://bit.ly/2gyxGCg

A few tidbits of info. I've played plenty of PoE, but never bothered with build planning. So the changes I propose could be very bad. I'm just wondering what a more experienced build person would say.

Rompster

2 things mostly, you need to get versatility and precision in the marauder & Templar starting area's, especially if your not going rt. The only reason to not go RT is if your Crit, your just shooting yourself in the leg otherwise, %accuracy doesn't do alot unless you have at least 1k flat on gear and even then there is diminishing returns on accuracy scaling so breaking 95% is very difficult. It will turn out your investing 8+ points and gear slot rolls to not run RT when you could have just grabbed it for 2-3 points. Also with snakebites and raider your going to have 8-10 frenzy charges that will last a few seconds each making your life very difficult.
LightyGaming.com
I returned to PoE recently after almost 2 years being gone (strongboxes were new when I last played), and while I was looking at your build for the new Breach league I noticed something that seemed odd. In each of the skill trees, you take a cluster in the very bottom-left that has two 4% melee physical damage nodes then a jewel socket. For the same 3 passive points, you could take the jewel socket to the left of Golem's Blood, get either +10 dex or str to reach it, then grab a 10% or 12% melee physical damage node up near the Duelist starting point.

I could see levelling your way for the Scion or Marauder because you reach the jewel socket in the bottom left sooner, but the Duelist would be better off with the socket closer to home, and any other class can respec into it later.
Hey Lighty,

I've been theorycrafting on a raider version of your build.
So far I've come up with this.
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAO8SLwB1FSAZtCP2LYNHfk2SVP5lTXasfNmE2aOKvTa95r6nz37YveoY7g7vevaj9zL5YzWSXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5CZY5DusJhVLZYa2NQzHDM1oa2sF07QUteu9AoF4TIVXcPQd1wKYs-4oiJyA-z5uNqZSHaqkneHqE79N-AF4Zju2DCC7BBHloqW534wHcwBp4DbXyUUeNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkIFtcLstMUM8qXLYqxsjJ2qfXX-um87-OtkUk4yF-Em-BNM_gryRTrhpldN4_6P6NabJjIBshnPemHrelMXJkHQeoTQrWuQEvEvci1NAAAOAAACAAfQAQH0AQICBgAAAA==

Its evasion/dodge based. My biggest concerns are phys reflect and the amount of life leech.
Any feedback would be appreciated :)

"
Lighty wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Rompster wrote:
Hey Lighty,

I would really really love to do a raider cycloner with the ascendant changes. anyway you could post a tree for them? Thinking to copy your duelist tree and travel from the ranger attack speed area. Bit of a noob though, so not sure if attk spd is good for cyclone.

Rompster

Yep im planning adding it to the ascendancy list along with tree and ascendancy choices.

This is close to what I would do, I may tweak it a bit but it looks solid

Hi,

I've got a few questions for the raider build.

Do you sustain Cyclone on mana or BM support gem?

The build is for lvl 100ish depending on Bandits. Can you make version for 90ish?
- having a hard time prioritizing.

Why do you chose the Phasing Path instead of onslaught?

Do you think the new Raider is worse than slayer?
"
Lighty wrote:
"
funmanguy1 wrote:

Slayer is the best option, only play jugg if your paranoid or cant do traps at all. Izaro comes out at 33% on the last phase, you have 20% cull..you only have to get him 13% down to kill him..its kinda gross at the moment. Pretty much anything you do thats boss killing, slayer is better at, including shaper.

So I'm pretty torn between Slayer and Raider. Any thoughts on one verses the other? Also why RT over crit? mostly in regards to Raider though.
Last edited by safety2nd on Dec 1, 2016, 7:30:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info