(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hey there, I don't think Daressos Defiance would work with IC because you lose all charges when you get hit. However, it could work if you plan on manually casting it with Enduring cry before every mob pack which would be annoying to do.
I know a lot of people who RMT and use PoeHuds, item pickups, crafties, custom renderers, bots, map/zoom/bright hacks and autoflasks. But I am not going to snitch rather encourage them and others to use hacks. GGG had a choice whether they want a friend or an enemy. They chose the latter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by 5oobZRsnNq on Jun 2, 2016, 8:57:22 AM
"
Hey there, I don't think Daressos Defiance would work with IC because you lose all charges when you get hit. However, it could work if you plan on manually casting it with Enduring cry before every mob pack which would be annoying to do.

I know from experience that it has worked in the past, though I cannot say for certain if it still works as I've not played with Daresso's Defiance in quite some time. I suspect that skill gems (in this case CWDT-IC) take priority over effects on gear, even though confirming a hit technically happens before calculating damage.

Edit: Seems the wiki agrees with me: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Daresso%27s_Defiance. I think I have one laying around somewhere on standard, so I'll try to test.

In theory, you should be generating max Endurance charges so often, both from getting kills and getting hit (not sure on the order of operations there yet), that you'll be able to maintain high uptime on both IC and Onslaught. This is of course very much a WIP, as we won't know exactly how mechanics play out until they go live.

Edit 2: Confirmed, CWDT-IC takes priority over Onslaught, so your endurance charges do count toward Immortal Call duration while using Daresso's Defiance. Obviously there is some overlap; since Immortal Call has a cooldown, you should still be putting Charges towards Onslaught as well.

Depending on kill speed, it's also completely possible to be hit twice in succession for less than the CWDT amount, first expending all charges toward Onslaught and then triggering CWDT without any charges. However, I think this will be mitigated by 2 factors:
1) The 20% chance to gain a (max) Endurance Charges when hit granted by Unflinching (not sure whether or not this will take effect before or after Daresso's Defiance however), and
2) Using a L1 CWDT/IC. Although a mid or high level IC for increased duration might sound better, Juggernaut has access to enough Endurance Charges, and with Daresso's always keeping you at maximum, to forgo the need for the increased duration, and of course the increased duration support gem is always useful.

So while there might be a small overlap in which you are hit at 0 charges, it should be minimal (~2s). As long as you're getting kills, you should have an effectively permanent Immortal Call.

Of course if you want to forgo this chance with Darresso's Defiance, Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark works just as effectively, albeit at the cost of Mana and Onslaught. FWIW, I just really like the idea of using Daresso's Defiance; I find it to be a fascinating unique and I think it's suitably ironic that a Duelist chest piece is so strong for Juggernaut, as it allows them to effectively ignore armor, which would otherwise be a defining characteristic of the sub-class. It also had quite an interesting design process, which can be read about here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1108781/page/4#p9415644
Last edited by Archimtiros on Jun 2, 2016, 1:55:25 PM
This kind of build is a bit demanding for a fresh league. Like most of the crit builds. I think I will go with a standard 2h cycloner. They tend to be more reliable and effective all around.
I know a lot of people who RMT and use PoeHuds, item pickups, crafties, custom renderers, bots, map/zoom/bright hacks and autoflasks. But I am not going to snitch rather encourage them and others to use hacks. GGG had a choice whether they want a friend or an enemy. They chose the latter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
This kind of build is a bit demanding for a fresh league. Like most of the crit builds. I think I will go with a standard 2h cycloner. They tend to be more reliable and effective all around.

Oh absolutely, I'm not really planning to start with it either, I simply think it's an interesting spin (see, it's funny because it's a pun) on the build. I'll definitely try it at some point, just for proof of concept, but more than anything I simply enjoy the brainstorming process.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Jun 2, 2016, 1:46:02 PM
Which one of the passive trees should i follow as a starting char on the new league?

gonna play standard , and i just want to be able to do the lab, atziri , and t13
wanna be tanky but even fast on maps

any suggestion?
Last edited by Piroteca on Jun 3, 2016, 8:47:02 AM
Hey guys I need some advice. I can't seem to make up my mind yet with crafting this. Should I just exalt this twice and hope for the best or settle with multimodding it and adding a flat phys + blood magic mod? Thanks in advance.

"
Piroteca wrote:
Which one of the passive trees should i follow as a starting char on the new league?

gonna play standard , and i just want to be able to do the lab, atziri , and t13
wanna be tanky but even fast on maps

any suggestion?

Follow Axe - Duelist or Marauder depending on the Ascendancy you want to use, and simply skip the Axe nodes until later levels (~50-60's) so as to not limit weapon access early on.

Champion is the most well-rounded Ascendancy.
Slayer is best set up for speed running, chaining rare/unique kills.
Berserker is the highest damage but also the least tanky, or if you just really want to play a Marauder over a Duelist.

If you don't know, I suggest starting with Champion.
This build looks great and will be the one I run in the new league (duelist). Are there any working passive links somewhere? All of the passive links in the guide show up as blank.

Thanks!
Last edited by TheFrequency on Jun 3, 2016, 4:37:43 PM
"
TheFrequency wrote:
This build looks great and will be the one I run in the new league (duelist). Are there any working passive links somewhere? All of the passive links in the guide show up as blank.

Thanks!

They all work fine for me, though the site does sometimes have an issue where it'll time out and show a blank page where the passive tree should be; if this happens, just hit refresh and it should fix itself.

I'll make a passive tree with another website in a few minutes and edit it into this post for reference though, just to cover every base.

Edit: Here is a copy of the Duelist-Axe tree:
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAASzBS0FPAd1CZYJuwthDF8OPBNMFCAUcRXsF-EYkRo4HKchVSb4JyAnLyz7MHc1kjkOOlI64TwFPC09_ECgRrdHfkh4SdVN404yUEdTpVdUWGNZ81n-XhNfP2EhYVJkUmVNZadoZWjya9RyqXTtdqx4enrve3R71HzZggeDX4PMhJSE2YTvhVKGYIdqiXGKIoqzivCMz5BVk6iXeaIAplepJ6mUqs2sqq2NrlCvbLc-uR28n702vqfAZsCmwaPEWMT2xVPGrsqQz37Yvdlh2Xzawdwy3D3iYeRR6UbqGOsJ7FzvDu9O73zwH_JF82_z3fZI9zL46_4K_o8=

Note that there is a lot of leeway with this build.
* You don't necessarily need all the jewel slots unless you have jewels worth putting in them, and there's plenty of room to move into extra Dex/Int if you need to handicap your gear (I usually grab the northmost 30/30 nodes between Resolute Techniques and Combat Stamina), extra armor/life or extra Endurance charges, so don't be afraid to deviate a little bit if you feel the need.

* Switching between Axe, Sword and Mace should be straightforward and come out to the same amount of points (I think sword is has one extra point). I recommend avoiding the weapon nodes while leveling so as to not limit yourself, and pick them up once you've reached the point of trading for weapons or seeking out the stronger uniques (50's-60's to use Kaom's, Hezmana, etc). Axes are the best general weapon type, though Maces have access to Vaal Ground Slam, however there aren't very good Mace uniques, so you'll have to trade or craft for good weapons.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Jun 3, 2016, 6:43:39 PM
I'm on my first time with this build and I'm really enjoying it, but I feel like I've fallen through a technical gap with it. At level 16, the only way for me to get fortify that I know of is with vigilant strike, which I am using as a my left-click basic attack. The problem I'm having is that upgrading that requires more intelligence than I have (and more than I ever will have since the build doesn't take any int points that I can see, at least not early on). Do I just need to wait until level 31 to get the fortify support gem and put it on my Cyclone? In the meantime I would not be leveling fortify.

Am I missing something that would help me avoid this? Maybe it's not a big deal to not be able to level vig. strike since it's only 15 more levels and then I guess I'd replace it with something else since cyclone can have a fortify gem on it.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info