(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
I'm on my first time with this build and I'm really enjoying it, but I feel like I've fallen through a technical gap with it. At level 16, the only way for me to get fortify that I know of is with vigilant strike, which I am using as a my left-click basic attack. The problem I'm having is that upgrading that requires more intelligence than I have (and more than I ever will have since the build doesn't take any int points that I can see, at least not early on). Do I just need to wait until level 31 to get the fortify support gem and put it on my Cyclone? In the meantime I would not be leveling fortify.

Am I missing something that would help me avoid this? Maybe it's not a big deal to not be able to level vig. strike since it's only 15 more levels and then I guess I'd replace it with something else since cyclone can have a fortify gem on it.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about the Vigilant Strike gem. You only want to use it for the Fortify effect anyway and then use your main attack while that's going on. Even then it's only really useful on bosses and some rares as most monsters are obliterated before they get to you if you are using Sunder as a main attack.

There are however other good gems with an Int/Dex requirement that you might not meet the requirements to level as you are progressing and for those you have two options. 1. Find gear with Int or Dex on it. 2. Invest a couple of points into the +30 Int or +30 Dex nodes on the passive tree and respec out of them when you don't need them anymore. Hope that helps.

By the way Lighty, excellent build. I'm a first-time poster and just wanted to say thanks for posting the build. I decided to level a cyclone champion for my first character this league after seeing this.
Last edited by JethroKirby on Jun 5, 2016, 4:12:12 PM
"
JethroKirby wrote:
"
I'm on my first time with this build and I'm really enjoying it, but I feel like I've fallen through a technical gap with it. At level 16, the only way for me to get fortify that I know of is with vigilant strike, which I am using as a my left-click basic attack. The problem I'm having is that upgrading that requires more intelligence than I have (and more than I ever will have since the build doesn't take any int points that I can see, at least not early on). Do I just need to wait until level 31 to get the fortify support gem and put it on my Cyclone? In the meantime I would not be leveling fortify.

Am I missing something that would help me avoid this? Maybe it's not a big deal to not be able to level vig. strike since it's only 15 more levels and then I guess I'd replace it with something else since cyclone can have a fortify gem on it.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about the Vigilant Strike gem. You only want to use it for the Fortify effect anyway and then use your main attack while that's going on. Even then it's only really useful on bosses and some rares as most monsters are obliterated before they get to you if you are using Sunder as a main attack.

There are however other good gems with an Int/Dex requirement that you might not meet the requirements to level as you are progressing and for those you have two options. 1. Find gear with Int or Dex on it. 2. Invest a couple of points into the +30 Int or +30 Dex nodes on the passive tree and respec out of them when you don't need them anymore. Hope that helps.

By the way Lighty, excellent build. I'm a first-time poster and just wanted to say thanks for posting the build. I decided to level a cyclone champion for my first character this league after seeing this.

At that level you really don't need to worry about Fortify, or following the build very much at all to be honest. While there's a "do this to level" subsection of the guide, you can pretty much do whatever you want up until you gain Cyclone and breeze your way through. Personally, I like leveling with Infernal Blow + Melee Splash or Sunder.

Even once you have access to the fortify gem, don't really worry about using it until you reach content that starts putting you in danger of death, so don't feel like you have to slot it as soon as you gain access, although you certainly can use it at any time.

As the other poster said, feel free to take the 30 Dex/Int nodes early on and respec during late game if need be, it's a great investment for only two points that doesn't require you to go out of the way to get and saves you trouble looking for the right gear pieces while you level.
Hello,
Tnx for your build guide, but i have question :)
If using Hezmana's Bloodlust Vaal Axe i need to drop the blood magic support and add other support for more damage? ( i know it`s not best weapon for using but yet i want to bcoz is cheap version of unique item)
Last and important question: Can i kill Atziri ( the normal version ) with this build with spending around 5ex?
"
igorludak wrote:
Hello,
If using Hezmana's Bloodlust Vaal Axe i need to drop the blood magic support and add other support for more damage? ( i know it`s not best weapon for using but yet i want to bcoz is cheap version of unique item)
Last and important question: Can i kill Atziri ( the normal version ) with this build with spending around 5ex?

Hezmana is actually one of the best weapons for this build, second only to the expensive Atziri's and high-level crafted weapons, and far more accessible. Trade Blood Magic for another support gem, with one of these gems in this order: Fortify, Melee Phys, Added Fire, Weapon Elemental, Faster Attacks, Increased AoE/Concentrated Effect. Keep in mind that Hezmana's applies to all attacks, not just those socketed in the weapon itself.

Can you kill Atziri? Yes, but it's not a particularly great build for it. You'll need to be more cognizant of positioning and probably want to use Enduring Cry.
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
igorludak wrote:
Hello,

Hezmana is actually one of the best weapons for this build, second only to the expensive Atziri's and high-level crafted weapons, and far more accessible. Trade Blood Magic for another support gem, with one of these gems in this order: Fortify, Melee Phys, Added Fire, Weapon Elemental, Faster Attacks, Increased AoE/Concentrated Effect. Keep in mind that Hezmana's applies to all attacks, not just those socketed in the weapon itself.

Can you kill Atziri? Yes, but it's not a particularly great build for it. You'll need to be more cognizant of positioning and probably want to use Enduring Cry.

Tnx for your fast answer.
Other question: Whats is the highest tier map i can do with this build?
"
igorludak wrote:
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
igorludak wrote:
Hello,

Tnx for your fast answer.
Other question: Whats is the highest tier map i can do with this build?

With decent gear (<1 ex), any of them. I've solo'd twinned red maps with no real issues.
"
Archimtiros wrote:

Hezmana is actually one of the best weapons for this build, second only to the expensive Atziri's and high-level crafted weapons, and far more accessible. Trade Blood Magic for another support gem, with one of these gems in this order: Fortify, Melee Phys, Added Fire, Weapon Elemental, Faster Attacks, Increased AoE/Concentrated Effect.

If you are playing a Champion with the "you have fortify" passive, would you still run the Fortify gem?

Right now I have a 5L Hezmana's (thanks "The Jeweller's Touch" Prophecy)

Should I run Cyclone, Melee Phys, Added Fire, Weapon Ele, (Faster attaks, or Conc Effect, AoE for faster maps)? I am unsure if i should save Conc / AoE for a 6th much later, or run Faster Attacks later.
Ingame: Sakrilegious
"
Sacrilegious wrote:
"
Archimtiros wrote:

Hezmana is actually one of the best weapons for this build, second only to the expensive Atziri's and high-level crafted weapons, and far more accessible. Trade Blood Magic for another support gem, with one of these gems in this order: Fortify, Melee Phys, Added Fire, Weapon Elemental, Faster Attacks, Increased AoE/Concentrated Effect.

If you are playing a Champion with the "you have fortify" passive, would you still run the Fortify gem?

Right now I have a 5L Hezmana's (thanks "The Jeweller's Touch" Prophecy)

Should I run Cyclone, Melee Phys, Added Fire, Weapon Ele, (Faster attaks, or Conc Effect, AoE for faster maps)? I am unsure if i should save Conc / AoE for a 6th much later, or run Faster Attacks later.

No. If you're a Champion with Hezmana you essentially have an 8L (with a 6L base) from free Blood Magic and free Fortify.

The Gems you should use, in order of importance, are:

Cyclone - Melee Phys - Added Fire - Weapon Ele - Faster Attacks - Inc AoE/Conc Effect; as listed on the first page of the guide. As yours is 5L simply drop Inc AoE/Conc Effect for now.
Sorry, about to ask a lot of questions. I love cyclone, I want to play cyclone, so...yea :)

What is your opinion on doing this setup with a trickster for the free cyclone?

Also, would you consider this setup to be T15/uber (just typing T15U to be easier now) viable? I love cyclone but every T15U setup seems to be CoC, and I honestly despise crit builds. I prefer solid, reliable damage while being as immortal as possible.

You have several classes listed as "best" for SC and/or HC, does it come down to personal preference or do you actually have a general order as to which you think would be best? Particularly for clearing T15U. I see you have them as top to bottom, best to worst, just wondering if you're opinion has changed since prophecy, and of course whether or not trickster could fit in there.

I know there are tons of builds out there that can do T15U, some cheaper than others, heck BF Poison Trapper requires virtually nothing to get steam rolling except to get through normal difficulty to get all your gems, but I would love some alternatives, especially stuff like cyclone. I tried Blade Vortex and it's fun for a while but having to constantly re-apply stacks, especially having to stand still to do it...ugh. Was considering shield charge also but, again, I don't want to play CoC and that seems to be the only build I ever see around, ever. The only discouraging thing is watching builds like the trapper literally 1-shot atziri and entire packs of mobs in T15, then coming to check on builds that aren't broken and wondering why you're not just playing the broken build. I'm a min/maxer at heart so pulling myself away from things like BF poison trapper isn't easy, but I want to try.

How do you generally deal with things like loot ghosts as a melee character, and to a lesser extent, Elreon missions? This is a more general question about melee than the build itself, but it comes up in my own play a lot. Sometimes you just seem to lack the mobility to bring down the ghosts, and sometimes you just can't get to all the packs that the elreon portals spawn before your relic goes down.

Just how bad is reflect? I only really enjoy builds that can do any/all map mods, I don't like being told I can't do something :P

I do notice your guide says uber isn't really feasible in any manner which might be considered fun. Are there no cyclone builds that can do uber other than CoC? I really, really dislike CoC...

Any advice you want to dump on me, feel free. I have very little experience with melee in this game because ranged just seems more powerful/safer in general (especially trappers). Really want to give something new a try, your name was the highest recommended for stuff like this, so... hi :)
Last edited by sutasafaia on Jun 9, 2016, 1:06:29 AM
Hi Lighty.

Firstly thank you for a really well assembled guide. I haven't played a marauder for many a long day but this build sort of jumped out at me. Flattened me, in fact as I didn't have sufficient dexterity to get out of the way. Which is my way of saying I've reached the epic point where I can switch on the Cyclone skill, only to find I have insufficient DEX to use it <face palm>.

Skimmed this thread (300+ pages?!!) - that in itself shows the level of interest in your build and I guess this DEX hangs on gear, gems and the like so looks like I am just guilty of getting around with a pile of crap gear :)

Better get back to fixing up my broken old mara - best wishes!
I used to be apathetic, now I just don't care.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info