(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Sairalinde wrote:
Hey man i am bumpiing this incase you did not see it and also i changed my belt to this
Spoiler
so i dropped 2 passive nodes for res and got life nodes again.
"
Sairalinde wrote:
Hey Lighty, thank you so much for this awesome guide to help noobs like me to enjoy the game without being crushed :D i really liked to play your build. Below there is my gear, if you could commend on it what should i upgrade or is there anything wrong in my gear it, it would be great. And to cap my resistance i get some resistance nodes on passive tree is it a big down for build ? And last of all could you give a little information about which gem should i get quailty first? Thank you in advance.
Spoiler

Apologies for the delayed response, im getting to the past 2-3 days of questions today. The majority of your gear looks good, your boots are nice. Coil is great and eventually you can 6l, make it quality! Disfavour is your biggest upgrade and hezmana can be used until the 90's without issue. Rumi's Concoction isn't too expensive and defensively it does wonders, taste of hate aswell but that's roughly 6-8ex in most leagues. 4link your helm! You can mastercraft flat phys onto your amulet. Aside from simply getting "better" rares all around your gear looks solid so lmk how your progress goes!
LightyGaming.com
"
Jdahl22 wrote:
Thanks for your awsome guide. I started using it 2 days ago and it's amazing how cheap this build is compared to its effectiveness. I have only one question. I'm running without blood magic and mana flows and reverly didnt seem enough for me so I spent one extra point and went for Spirit Void instead. So do you think its better to try and get leech from gear or is there any other better way compared to 5 skill points spend?

Although I haven't tested much in regards to cyclone with mana leech only becomes higher and higher weighted the more pdps you gain. I know that you can have mana leech on jewels and gloves which may make spirit void not a requirement, especially after the buff to cyclone mana cost not scaling.
LightyGaming.com
"
Ridman wrote:
Level 95 following (and loving) this guide for the second league in a row and easing through t15 maps and other end game.

I've never tried a lightning coil and was wondering if it was really worth it and THAT much better than a high armour astral plate like this one:

Do you think it would be worth it get a 6l lightning coil and would I see a noticeable difference? Surviving hasn't' generally been a problem but came across some currency and was wondering if it was worth throwing it at a 6l Lightning Coil.

Thanks in advance and thanks for a great guide.

Grats on 95 and with that chest coil is still better but unless you already have 6l disfavour, rumi, taste and all your other gear is great dont get coil. There are other things you can upgrade that will make a bigger impact than spending 15exish for a 6l coil given your current chest.
LightyGaming.com
"
On standard i started as GS, then i found out about IC then i found this guide to Cyclone and its so enjoyable and i have plans to continue playing this build in the standard (currently 85)

However, since i was first introduced to IC i have allways carried it with me in my second wep so i did this map with high phys reflect and even with LGOH i got fairly close to dying (due to gear) so i swapped my gems for a quick ice crush and it works so nice, even with Marohi Erqi socketed with faster attacks as a replacement for cyclone the damage was really good, and now im thinking of lvlin a new marauder in talisman.

My question comes down to. Does it matter if I go all ice crash on with this passive? Can i just have 2 gem setups to swap between? just bought a Tabula so if its viable it wont be an issue with colours.

Allso mace or axe, i know its a common asked question but ive been considering either
"Kongors undying rage" "Marohi Erqi" or "Hezmana's Bloodlust"?
or should i buy a 480pdps rare mace for 40c?
4linked but my Tabula would make up for it?

You can literally swap between the 2 skill gems (color difference obviously) without needing to change tree or support gems. For axes vs maces the only real question in choosing when starting fresh is if you want to use vaal ground slam use maces, otherwise go axes. If maces kongors > marohi and hezmana > primacy and all of them are under 40c even week 1 in a new league so unless you can get a 500pdps rare, stick with the unqiues.
LightyGaming.com
Thanks dude, its already great that you made such a good build you also answer our questions too. I really thank you ^^

"
Lighty wrote:
"
Sairalinde wrote:
Hey man i am bumpiing this incase you did not see it and also i changed my belt to this
Spoiler
so i dropped 2 passive nodes for res and got life nodes again.
"
Sairalinde wrote:
Hey Lighty, thank you so much for this awesome guide to help noobs like me to enjoy the game without being crushed :D i really liked to play your build. Below there is my gear, if you could commend on it what should i upgrade or is there anything wrong in my gear it, it would be great. And to cap my resistance i get some resistance nodes on passive tree is it a big down for build ? And last of all could you give a little information about which gem should i get quailty first? Thank you in advance.
Spoiler

Apologies for the delayed response, im getting to the past 2-3 days of questions today. The majority of your gear looks good, your boots are nice. Coil is great and eventually you can 6l, make it quality! Disfavour is your biggest upgrade and hezmana can be used until the 90's without issue. Rumi's Concoction isn't too expensive and defensively it does wonders, taste of hate aswell but that's roughly 6-8ex in most leagues. 4link your helm! You can mastercraft flat phys onto your amulet. Aside from simply getting "better" rares all around your gear looks solid so lmk how your progress goes!
"
McFeegle wrote:
Hey Lighty,

I try to follow your guide and it work fine until now.
I am Ghroot, at the begining of merciless, level 57.

How do you think of Empire's Grasp Goliath Gauntlets?
It's not in your recommand list of uniques, but it seems to have interesting properties in my level. Is it useless when I reach an higher level?

Thanks for your guide,
Ghroot

Empires grasp only really work if you were to link knockback with cyclone and invest into knock back jewel along with knockback on tree; even them its just a gimmick for solo cyclone play. Its only really used for "vacuum" builds that do Ghostbusting (which no longer works) in which they gathered the entire map via large aoe reverse knockback cycloning and make them all touched by multiple tormented spirits (which also doesn't work anymore) then culled the entire mass with a different mf character to make a giant loot-explosion. Sadly it got nerfed.
LightyGaming.com
"
Bmxant wrote:
Thanks for the guide, Lighty.

I have a 6s 5L Hegemony's staff that's 484 dps, so that will be my weapon of choice. I figured I could use RT until I have enough accuracy and then drop RT later on. Here's your tree with the staff nodes, could you let me know if I'm missing anything?

Thanks a bunch

Edit: I'm still trying to decide on which 5L I will go with, do you have a personal favorite? I can't decide between the Carcass, Belly, or Daresso.

Anyone else is free to chime in as well.

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEABLMFLQU8B3UJlgm7C2EMXw48FCAUcRiRGjgcpyFVJyAnLyz7OQ46UjwFPC1AoEa3R35IeEnVUEdTpVdUWfNeE18_YVJlTWhYaGVo8mvZcql07XZ_dqx673uMfNl-4IIHg1-ExITZhO-FUoZgh2qJ2IoiirOQVZOol3meV6IAqSeplKyqrY2vbLyfvTa-p8BmwKbEWMT2xVPGrs9-02_Xltlh2Xzawdwy3D3kUeoY6wnvDu9O73zwH_Nv8932SPcy-Ot4elhjjM89_Ni9_gq3PoPM8kG5Q6el1YtKLu1EkwfJZ0FyvJo0joY7

Edit: Typo ;)

For RT that tree seems fine and for the body I would go Belly > Daresso > Carcass. Around lv90 I would go crit if you can reach vaal pact then use abyssus and maligaro's for the dps. Hege is still fine as rt though, just not as good as crit with hege.
LightyGaming.com
Hi Lighty, is arctic armor really worth it? Considering that you need to stand still to take less damage.
hey, thanks for this amazing guide. been having a blast with this build in TSC. heres my setup

my gear is ok i guess still looking for upgrades tho kinda hard to come by. recently had to switch to blood magic keystone cus kaoms really limits the gem sockets and honestly it feels pretty good so far. i dont even miss the auras (max 20/20 AA HoA hatred). going to pick up the additional 35% life behind the keystone as well. dps isnt even an issue with disfavour. might pick up the retch unique belt seems pretty good. heres my planned out tree, prob wont hit 100 tho lol the grind is fk real.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABLMFLQU8B3UJlgthDF8OPBLhE0wUIBRxF-EYkRo4HKchVSW8JvgnICcvLPst0jB3OQ46UjwFPC1AoEa3R35IeE4yUEdTpVWpV1RZ81n-XhNfP2EhYVJkUmVNZadoZWjyagFyqXZ_dqx4enrve3R7jHzZfuCCB4Nfg8yExITZhO-FUoZgh2qKIoqzjM-QVZHOktCTqJd5l7SeV58-ogCi6qknqZSsqq2NrlCvbLc-u-28n702vqfAZsCmwaPEWMT2xVPGrsbYz37Tb9i92WHZfNtP3DLcPd-_4MPiYeRR6hjrCe8O707vfPAf8kHz3fZI9zL46_4K

THANKS again dude.

edit: also found this beauty yesterday lol

Last edited by yungjoc on Jan 16, 2016, 2:24:41 AM
What masters do you use? I think of Haku, Vagan, Elreon and Zana, but then I wouldn't be able to upgrade my belts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info