(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
13isLucky wrote:
"
saraphz wrote:
Hello Lighty,

at what point do you decide whether you're gonna be axe or mace marauder?
Not Lighty but, you can really wait till almost lvl 70-ish if you take the other nodes first. My talisman marauder just started taking damage nodes around lvl 69. By that point, you should either have dropped a decent 2-hand or bought one on the cheap.

Thanks, I just realized I have like 20 node refunds, so I guess if I need to switch at 80 or something, it wouldn't really hurt to respec. So far (level 65) I found 2 orbs of regret, so even at similar drop rate that should be fine.
"
SunbatherL wrote:
Any suggestions? I'm willing to work towards replacing anything.

edit: Replaced unique gloves with these

Your really dont want to be using astramentis and the aurseize is fine if your looking for a little mf but overall are not good. You can mastercraft flat phys on your topaz ring and would also probably be aq better mastercraft for your gloves aswell. Past that works towards a 6L belly first since youd like to replace hezmana eventually.
LightyGaming.com
"
Cirdecus wrote:
Hey guys!

I've been running cyclone for a long time now, before Awakening. I love the gameplay and speed, but I'm looking for something that can run 80+ maps now and start working on Uber. I really hope this build can cut it, but my survivability just seems lacking. I know my health pool is low which I have no idea how to raise other than killing some Chaos res. I've been hitting the life nodes in the passive tree, other than removing major damage nodes to grab a few other minor life nodes, I'm not sure what direction to go. I'm pretty sure i'll need around 200k damage to run uber effectively.

[cut]

Any advice on end game would be great. My HP is below 5k which i hate, but i have no idea what to swap. I like to keep a high physical reduction with a good deal of armor because i still can get one shot by physical, its nuts.

For the things that comes to mind : you're not using Fortify with Cyclone, shouldn't that helps you a lot ? Sure it's some damage loss but there is still a 45% damage bonus on the gem and more if you take the right passives. And seen your damage number it's not really a problem to 'lose' a damage gem for a survival one.

Another big change would be a Lightning Coil. 22.5% flat physical reduction is a big life changer. Of course that means a lot of changes in your gear to get all your resistances capped anew, and probably another dps loss. But it's really worth it.

Last thing is practice, you can watch high level streams, you'll see that even for people that got Uber Atziri under farming, there are days where they aren't at what they are doing and will die a lot. Meaning the real difference here won't be your gear, but your ease with the map. When you know every attack and every way to counter it, it will be much more efficient than gaining 1K hp or 50K dps.
Last edited by Migosha on Jan 6, 2016, 11:52:06 AM
"
Sherkkan wrote:
Hello Lighty and thanks for the awesome guide :)

What are your thoughts for duelist ascendancy? Between slayer and champion.

For champion it would be a choice for Fortitude+'First to strike,last to fall' in my opinion
which opens a gem in 6L cyclone (faster attacks vs phys to lightning?), 30% flat dmg increase,
10%attack speed, increased fortify , 8% movement speed and 45% increased armor and evasion. not too shaby id say.

For slayer its probably Bane+Brutal which would be best

Thank you and waiting for your answer:)

"
Lighty wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

With the release of the Ascendancy Trailer and start of the release notes/info we've been granted a glimpse of what early 2016 has to offer for cyclone. The main/only thing I see so far that effects us are the Ascendancy sub-class passive tree's. As of now the marauder tree is lackluster compared to the duelist tree's and if this remains Duelist will become the new better choice for cyclone class. With slayers massive damage nodes and Champion's perma-fortify Duelist is going to give Marauder a run for its money for top Cyclone class. I'm unsure weather we get to fill out the ascendancy tree or if we can dip into multiple trees of the same class, only time will tell. The difference between Duelist and Marauder has always been minimal and soon may be the tipping point in which class takes a firm hold as the one true Cycloner.

Potential Ascendancy Tree Candidates:
After doing more research...
"you get only 6 ascendancy points ( 2 per difficulty I assume ) and you can only choose one ascendancy path ( which prevents dipping into different paths of the same class; but potentially 6 points within the same path can be split"

What Slayer has to offer:
  • 10% increased attack speed
  • 43% increased physical damage with two-handed melee weapon
  • hits deal 100% increased damage against enemies that are on low life
  • 20% chance to gain onslaught on 3 seconds on kill
  • 40% increased damage against rare and unique enemies
  • 20% of overkill damage is leeched as life
  • .2% of attack damage leeched as life
  • 30% increased damage while leeching
  • 5% increased attack speed while leching

Although the majority of the visible juggernaut nodes still seem subpar based on this post from GGG and from what we see in the Gamespot exclusive gameplay You can still move/attack while Frozen with Unstoppable' along with chilled ground, tar ect.

Permanent fortify ( giving us a free socket ) and augmentations to our perma fortify make this a good hardcore choice. Boosted move speed along with a move speed and damage aura (+13% total) helps alot for clear speed and avoiding dangerous situations.
LightyGaming.com
"
saraphz wrote:
"
13isLucky wrote:
"
saraphz wrote:
Hello Lighty,

at what point do you decide whether you're gonna be axe or mace marauder?
Not Lighty but, you can really wait till almost lvl 70-ish if you take the other nodes first. My talisman marauder just started taking damage nodes around lvl 69. By that point, you should either have dropped a decent 2-hand or bought one on the cheap.

Thanks, I just realized I have like 20 node refunds, so I guess if I need to switch at 80 or something, it wouldn't really hurt to respec. So far (level 65) I found 2 orbs of regret, so even at similar drop rate that should be fine.

Swapping from Maces to Axes (or the opposite) isn't that much expensive in refund points. Basically there are only 2 nodes concerned. And if really needed you can trade Chaos Orb (or any currency) for Orbs of regret easily, they aren't too much expensives.
"
Migosha wrote:
"
Cirdecus wrote:
Hey guys!

I've been running cyclone for a long time now, before Awakening. I love the gameplay and speed, but I'm looking for something that can run 80+ maps now and start working on Uber. I really hope this build can cut it, but my survivability just seems lacking. I know my health pool is low which I have no idea how to raise other than killing some Chaos res. I've been hitting the life nodes in the passive tree, other than removing major damage nodes to grab a few other minor life nodes, I'm not sure what direction to go. I'm pretty sure i'll need around 200k damage to run uber effectively.

[cut]

Any advice on end game would be great. My HP is below 5k which i hate, but i have no idea what to swap. I like to keep a high physical reduction with a good deal of armor because i still can get one shot by physical, its nuts.

For the things that comes to mind : you're not using Fortify with Cyclone, shouldn't that helps you a lot ? Sure it's some damage loss but there is still a 45% damage bonus on the gem and more if you take the right passives. And seen your damage number it's not really a problem to 'lose' a damage gem for a survival one.

Another big change would be a Lightning Coil. 22.5% flat physical reduction is a big life changer. Of course that means a lot of changes in your gear to get all your resistances capped anew, and probably another dps loss. But it's really worth it.

Last thing is practice, you can watch high level streams, you'll see that even for people that got Uber Atziri under farming, there are days where they aren't at what they are doing and will die a lot. Meaning the real difference here won't be your gear, but your ease with the map. When you know every attack and every way to counter it, it will be much more efficient than gaining 1K hp or 50K dps.

Well I'm using fortify with leap slam to apply it, then i'm using cyclone. I don't link it directly to Cyclone but it's always up. Do i need to have it linked to Cyclone instead of Leap Slam? I've been trying to figure out how lightning coil is used. Looking at it, it has a third of the armor, and less health than what I'm wearing as well as knocking my lightning res down tremendously. Maybe the conversion is worth it for the reduction, but I'll have to check. I have one in storage I think. When choosing to swap a damage node for a life node, I'm really talking about major nodes, like at the end of a tree. The only nodes I have available to give up are things like Slaugter, Butchery, etc. Dropping a major node for 5% health feels bad.

You're right about learning Atziri, i've been practicing normal and have made it deathless once. I've gotten close on a lot of runs with only one death, mainly due to silly mistakes. Maybe i just need to slow down in 80 maps and expect to die occasionally. I haven't tried Uber yet so i'm not sure what to expect.
"
Cirdecus wrote:
Well I'm using fortify with leap slam to apply it, then i'm using cyclone. I don't link it directly to Cyclone but it's always up. Do i need to have it linked to Cyclone instead of Leap Slam? I've been trying to figure out how lightning coil is used. Looking at it, it has a third of the armor, and less health than what I'm wearing as well as knocking my lightning res down tremendously. Maybe the conversion is worth it for the reduction, but I'll have to check. I have one in storage I think. When choosing to swap a damage node for a life node, I'm really talking about major nodes, like at the end of a tree. The only nodes I have available to give up are things like Slaugter, Butchery, etc. Dropping a major node for 5% health feels bad.

You're right about learning Atziri, i've been practicing normal and have made it deathless once. I've gotten close on a lot of runs with only one death, mainly due to silly mistakes. Maybe i just need to slow down in 80 maps and expect to die occasionally. I haven't tried Uber yet so i'm not sure what to expect.

If you can maintain Fortify just with your Leap Slam you can forget that comment of mine. You got it, it's all what matter.

Lightning Coil remove 30% of your physical damage taken and make it ligtning damage, that damage will be mitigated by your lightning resist. With a capped lightning resist that means 30*0.75 = 22.5% damage suppressed. And as Lighty mentionned earlier with a lightning resist flask you can go up to 30*0.85 = 25.5% physical damage reduction.
As you got one you can test it, you'll see the big change. Just go a not too hard map as you won't have your gear optimised, do a bit with your normal setup and then switch to Lightning Coil, you'll see (of course be sure to be lightning resist capped or you're losing the good part).
Mine is not 6L yet (and seems like it will never be ... :p) and there's no way I would remove it. I put it on me, went to an area and the difference was definitly huge in incomming damage. The downpart is having 60% more resist lightning to get and changing a lot of equipment to cap all your resistances again. But in my opinion it's really worth it.

Uber is the same as normal, only the Queen get a few empower on her skills. The real difference is that the incoming damage is something like 3 times the normal mode damage. That's not soft at all. As long as you don't roll over the normal version it's probably not worth losing time/money on Uber. Or just once to see how it really is.
Top maps are the same, I watched someone going for Core after farming 5 flawless UBer in a row. He just couldn't do the last boss, because it's how it's meant to be ... more than challenging. On those maps you'll die, being melee tends to make a lot of things harder. For Queen or the Three a ranged can easily dps when you'll have to run away and wait for the moment you can approach the boss again.
Last edited by Migosha on Jan 6, 2016, 12:27:27 PM
"
Thanks again for the guide.

How important is the amplify node to this build? Am I better off choosing another damage node, or should I go for the amplify node?

Well the inc aoe helps for clear speed and the damage isn't bad considering your within the area for the effective life nodes already
LightyGaming.com
"
Migosha wrote:

If you can maintain Fortify just with your Leap Slam you can forget that comment of mine. You got it, it's all what matter.

Lightning Coil remove 30% of your physical damage taken and make it ligtning damage, that damage will be mitigated by your lightning resist. With a capped lightning resist that means 30*0.75 = 22.5% damage suppressed. And as Lighty mentionned earlier with a lightning resist flask you can go up to 30*0.85 = 25.5% physical damage reduction.
As you got one you can test it, you'll see the big change. Just go a not too hard map as you won't have your gear optimised, do a bit with your normal setup and then switch to Lightning Coil, you'll see (of course be sure to be lightning resist capped or you're losing the good part).
Mine is not 6L yet (and seems like it will never be ... :p) and there's no way I would remove it. I put it on me, went to an area and the difference was definitly huge in incomming damage. The downpart is having 60% more resist lightning to get and changing a lot of equipment to cap all your resistances again. But in my opinion it's really worth it.

Uber is the same as normal, only the Queen get a few empower on her skills. The real difference is that the incoming damage is something like 3 times the normal mode damage. That's not soft at all. As long as you don't roll over the normal version it's probably not worth losing time/money on Uber. Or just once to see how it really is.
Top maps are the same, I watched someone going for Core after farming 5 flawless UBer in a row. He just couldn't do the last boss, because it's how it's meant to be ... more than challenging. On those maps you'll die, being melee tends to make a lot of things harder. For Queen or the Three a ranged can easily dps when you'll have to run away and wait for the moment you can approach the boss again.

Thanks Migosha, that clarifies it. Thankfully my lightning resistance is decently over cap as it is, so let me try and grab a lightning coil and see what I can do :). Maybe as i climb slowly from 89-100 i'll pick up a few more life passives or as I change a few pieces of gear to make lightning work i can look for some life.

What about Mings? Is it necessary for Chaos res or should i replace and forget chaos resistance? I take a massive life hit wearing it and it takes up a spot for a nice rare ring.
I've killed atziri for the first time ever with this build
Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info