(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

I got Bronn's Lithe Cutthroats Garb today. Its got some interesting affixes that look like they would be extremely useful with Cyclone. It would be expensive to get the proper color sockets but has anyone tested it out?

"
Ravenshield11 wrote:
About Vaal Lightning Strike. Again.

You make sure that your cursor is over a gold [or orange] enemy. hit VLS. your hero will run to enemy and launch attack. If successful you will notice bolts of lighting striking from him. If NOT, you will see a burst of lightning falling from the sky.

More.

You launch 1 charge on a yellow and move away. wait 4 seconds and get back to be amazed.

You launch 2-3 charges on boss AFTER you drink all flasks, and move the hell away for 4-7 seconds.You come back to collect and laugh maniacally.

Interesting, that means I am missing pretty much every time. All I ever see is lightning from the sky. It is difficult to use with cyclone because often I do not have the mob targeted that I am hitting with cyclone, since its not required to hit it. That means I have to search around for the right mob with the cursor, then stop cyclone (it seems VLS won't go off unless you are not using another skill), then press the button.

Stopping cyclone gets you killed, since you leech stops. Maybe I just need practice but I have had no success so far with it.

Edit: I realized why I had not been seeing the lightning shoot out, there had been no other mobs for it to shoot to. With other mobs round, I do see the lightning. I guess it's working. I suppose I just need to get all the gems leveled up for it to become more powerful.
Last edited by Baldrick on Jan 5, 2016, 11:15:36 PM
Hey guys, wanted a couple opinions on my gear and what to upgrade. I'm currently doing some t1 maps, I'm level 74 and racked a bit of currency. I feel my gear is horrible at best, but it has done me good up to now. I am trying to pick up a devoto's devotion but unsure if that's the real ugprade here.

as you can see my rings and amulet are just terrible. I am not even capping lightning resist (52%) because I don't think it's worth master crafting anything. I bought the gloves already with that master craft for extremely cheap, but plan to change it once I level the master, or just upgrade them if I can find anything decent.

My plan was to buy a devoto's, maybe atiri's step (I am not specced for iron reflexes though so don't think it's worth doing that.)

My budget is extremely low, just buying a 4-7c devoto's would mean I can't buy pretty much anything.

I also got these:

but I think with a couple chaos I could buy something just flat out better. Still liking my boots even though for the atkspeed and IIR =P

I got lucky chanceing items though and got

I asked on reddit what to do but still unsure if I should just sell it/improve it with some light currency work/make a MF character and just use it to get more items. I know it would help a lot to just sell it but kinda believe I want to think it through a bit more, so I'm just sticking to around 4-7c budget all around.

What would you improve on my lvl 74 character?
"
Neviskio wrote:
Hey guys, wanted a couple opinions on my gear and what to upgrade. I'm currently doing some t1 maps, I'm level 74 and racked a bit of currency. I feel my gear is horrible at best, but it has done me good up to now. I am trying to pick up a devoto's devotion but unsure if that's the real ugprade here.

as you can see my rings and amulet are just terrible. I am not even capping lightning resist (52%) because I don't think it's worth master crafting anything. I bought the gloves already with that master craft for extremely cheap, but plan to change it once I level the master, or just upgrade them if I can find anything decent.

My plan was to buy a devoto's, maybe atiri's step (I am not specced for iron reflexes though so don't think it's worth doing that.)

My budget is extremely low, just buying a 4-7c devoto's would mean I can't buy pretty much anything.

I also got these:

but I think with a couple chaos I could buy something just flat out better. Still liking my boots even though for the atkspeed and IIR =P

I asked on reddit what to do but still unsure if I should just sell it/improve it with some light currency work/make a MF character and just use it to get more items. I know it would help a lot to just sell it but kinda believe I want to think it through a bit more, so I'm just sticking to around 4-7c budget all around.

Dont go MF char. One ring is not gonna save you and 60 rarity will not work. Just sell and buy some upgrades. You need to change ALL stuff.
so this build could be done as a scion then? looks like you just need 6 more nodes to connect to scion start. and they are all melee phy damage nodes/life nodes. so it could easily off set 6 other life nodes right? let me know then thanks guys
IGN : FourTwenty_Yolo_BlazeIt
Twitch : www.Twitch.tv/187RIPgaming
"We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism. The nation-state remains the true foundation for happiness and harmony." -Donald J. Trump
Spoiler

Finally reached 90. did a deathless atziri run. Thank you so much for that amazing build lightly.
"
Lonsdalemax wrote:
"
Neviskio wrote:

I also got these:

Dont go MF char. One ring is not gonna save you and 60 rarity will not work. Just sell and buy some upgrades. You need to change ALL stuff.

I would start with body armour - armour base with life & res 80+ - 2-5chaos max
http://poe.trade/search/amobokekenayen
Boots 2-5chaos -armour base +life + res +movespeed
http://poe.trade/search/onebitaromitoa
Helmet 2-5c armour base +life+res
http://poe.trade/search/itaniisiinitas
Belt 5c - with weapon elemental damage http://poe.trade/search/tearahodusateb
- with armour http://poe.trade/search/ahokinuoyekoro
Rings -phys+life+res 1-5c http://poe.trade/search/amawarukomgako
Amulets -phys+life+res 1-5c http://poe.trade/search/itohamitisisis
Gloves -armour base -life+attack speed http://poe.trade/search/itukotooyakara
Axe - Hezmana's Bloodlust 1c
Try to sell all other items to gather orbs for lightning coil and 5l Hezmana

Last edited by D33rHunt3r on Jan 6, 2016, 7:43:31 AM
Hello Lighty,

at what point do you decide whether you're gonna be axe or mace marauder?
"
saraphz wrote:
Hello Lighty,

at what point do you decide whether you're gonna be axe or mace marauder?
Not Lighty but, you can really wait till almost lvl 70-ish if you take the other nodes first. My talisman marauder just started taking damage nodes around lvl 69. By that point, you should either have dropped a decent 2-hand or bought one on the cheap.
Hey guys!

I've been running cyclone for a long time now, before Awakening. I love the gameplay and speed, but I'm looking for something that can run 80+ maps now and start working on Uber. I really hope this build can cut it, but my survivability just seems lacking. I know my health pool is low which I have no idea how to raise other than killing some Chaos res. I've been hitting the life nodes in the passive tree, other than removing major damage nodes to grab a few other minor life nodes, I'm not sure what direction to go. I'm pretty sure i'll need around 200k damage to run uber effectively.

Here's my current gear:

Enhance is in my boots just to level up, and area of effect is there for easy swapping. I'm not sure how to link jewels but I have 3:

Jewel1
7% attack speed
6% life
10% melee attack damage

jewel2
7% attack speed
16% increased physical
5% knockback

jewel3
12% increased physical
12% cold and Lightning Res

Below is my Cyclone and Defense stats while standing outside with only golem and auras on:

Next is Offense with Blood Rage on, leaped into a mob of enemies with 3 Frenzy charges and both of my flasks on. Onslaught may have procced too. Second screen is Defense with my 6 endurance charges on after a manual enduring cry (used when landing on enemies)

Last is my Passive Tree:

Passive skill tree build

Any advice on end game would be great. My HP is below 5k which i hate, but i have no idea what to swap. I like to keep a high physical reduction with a good deal of armor because i still can get one shot by physical, its nuts.
Last edited by Cirdecus on Jan 6, 2016, 11:31:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info