(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
unlucky_child wrote:
im trying vaal ground slam setup now and was wondering, if increase aoe is better than weapon ele dmg?

edit: ohh, sword doesnt work with vaal ground slam :(

do u think its worth to get a mace for that vaal ground? Or Axe + 1 range is worth?

Sadly swords/axes don't work with VGS, maces and staves only. I personally think its worth it for mapping to use a mace for VGS, the added clear speed is noticeable. The AoE seems large enough as is : covering the majority of the screen , however if you wanted more running InC AoE as the 6th socket is fine. In regards to axes vs. maces for the +1 range I find that its almost the same due to the 4% aoe mace nodes and 6% implicit AoE you get from Coronal Mauls.
LightyGaming.com
"
Nascha wrote:
Lighty, I was wondering how exactly wed is calculated on the gear. Recently my buddy and me found this one
which I thought would give me a nice damage boost (I swapped it with Meginords). However after changing the damage barely increased. Does this mean that I need as much phys damage as possible on rings and amulet? Right now I am using these from the depths of my forgotten crap stashes

I am constantly switching them around though, trying to find the best combination of damage life and capped resists, right now not using Mings because life pool starts to get alarmingly low when Meginords is not equipped. Sitting at around 5,7 k now, want to try to reach 6 k in the future.

Basically should I look for jewelry with as much phys dmg as possible so wed really starts to shine? For now the damage is really fine (50k with buffs) but you can't get enough, right?

Oh and I had a luck streak yesterday and vaaled me both a 21/20 and 20/23 cyclone. Which one should I use - the 23 quality one gives 1% more area and the 21/20 one slightly more dps.

Generally speaking you want to prioritize WeD on rings and Phys on Amulets but you want both on both. THe Phys roll on ammy's can be a higher tier and for WeD its both T1 for Rings and Ammy's but you'd rather have WeD/Phys + Life than WeD + Phys; the potential 70+ life on each jewelry pieces is to important. Additionally if your planning on using a Mings WeD looses some luster since Chaos damage isnt elemental and Mings grants more chaos damage directly scaling from your physical so physical would take priority.

21/20 Is better since they changed the scaling of physical attack gems but the 20/23 would still sell for a few ex; maybe 2.
LightyGaming.com
hmm, indeed, i tried determination, it only give's extra 10% physical dmg reduction, but grace gives 20% more evade atk...would u think 10% dmg reduction is better?

And i upgraded my rings, i cant really afford high WED rings, so i went for atk speed..
result came out quite well, both gives better dps, and on top of it, i get better life pool

this 2 r similar, bought it for around 1ex for each..

anyway, im seriously broke now...thanks Lighty! HAHAH
Last edited by aMIgolala on Nov 30, 2015, 8:07:05 PM
im deciding to buy new wep and cant decide what to buy

Marohi - Slow, Low dmg compared to others, +inc aoe
Kongor - mid dmg, all res
rare mace - +5 pDPS more than kongor (almost nothing), 1.56 aps

My question is, rare mace has huge aps, but in the end, it has same pdps as kongor, would u prefer attack speed or huge dmg?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Last edited by unlucky_child on Nov 30, 2015, 11:29:16 PM
"
aMIgolala wrote:
hmm, indeed, i tried determination, it only give's extra 10% physical dmg reduction, but grace gives 20% more evade atk...would u think 10% dmg reduction is better?

And i upgraded my rings, i cant really afford high WED rings, so i went for atk speed..
result came out quite well, both gives better dps, and on top of it, i get better life pool

this 2 r similar, bought it for around 1ex for each..

anyway, im seriously broke now...thanks Lighty! HAHAH

Yeah looks pretty good overall and are you running Iron reflexes because if so Grace gives a large amount of flat armour; imo determination is still better. The rings look fine and WeD can be very expensive, hence my self crafted rings.
LightyGaming.com
"
unlucky_child wrote:
im deciding to buy new wep and cant decide what to buy

Marohi - Slow, Low dmg compared to others, +inc aoe
Kongor - mid dmg, all res
rare mace - +5 pDPS more than kongor (almost nothing), 1.56 aps

My question is, rare mace has huge aps, but in the end, it has same pdps as kongor, would u prefer attack speed or huge dmg?

Kongor is perfectly fine and can aside from the res it save you 1 passive and occasionally grants onslaught; Imo its underrated in leagues although it can be 1ex at times.
LightyGaming.com
i mean, if we were to compare

2 same pDPS

but lets say one has

150-400 dmg 1.25aps
150-350 dmg 1.5aps

What would you choose?

"
unlucky_child wrote:

2 same pDPS

but lets say one has

150-400 dmg 1.25aps
150-350 dmg 1.5aps

What would you choose?

Faster Attack Speed version if that's all im asked to compare
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
unlucky_child wrote:

2 same pDPS

but lets say one has

150-400 dmg 1.25aps
150-350 dmg 1.5aps

What would you choose?

Faster Attack Speed version if that's all im asked to compare

It really depends on what league your in, the economy, what cyclone variant your using ect. In general the higher attack speed is preferable because it allows you to life gain on hit more and leech more consistently but also requires a higher mana cost which means more life lost per attack.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Dec 1, 2015, 9:56:39 PM
i think mana cost doesnt matter here since we do only cast 1 cyclone per attack?

I cast 1 cyclone, high speed, more hits
with slower speed, i do still cast 1 cyclone = same mana?

my last questions:

belts
grant 15 lvl vitality aura vs 21%phys dmg + wed

boots
grants lvl 14 haste aura vs dual res

overall, any aura skill worth using? and what item should i be looking for. They are mostly unique items

Last edited by unlucky_child on Dec 2, 2015, 4:10:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info