(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hello,
I have recently started PoE (3 weeks ago) and I have started using this build which is really amazing and I really enjoy it. I pretty much got into game at I would say somewhat decent level now.
With patch 2.1 on its way together with new league I would like to play it again avoiding the mistakes I have made in the past however I have one question: with 2.1 changes will the build become uber viable? I have watched your current uber thoughts video and would like to know what do you think regarding that topic in 2.1.

I would also like to thank you for this amazing guide.
"
Hello,
I have recently started PoE (3 weeks ago) and I have started using this build which is really amazing and I really enjoy it. I pretty much got into game at I would say somewhat decent level now.
With patch 2.1 on its way together with new league I would like to play it again avoiding the mistakes I have made in the past however I have one question: with 2.1 changes will the build become uber viable? I have watched your current uber thoughts video and would like to know what do you think regarding that topic in 2.1.

I would also like to thank you for this amazing guide.

I cannot see any change in 2.1 that would make 2H RT Cyclone ( or almost any RT build ) uber viable unless you have super good gear. I'm going to be making a new uber video soon and im almost positive ill be able to kill her; but my level of gear is unobtainable in a new league. If your goal is to kill uber there are a few builds that can do it cheaper and alot easier. Consult the Uber Viable Build list for ideas.
LightyGaming.com
OK, so heres my upgraded gear and i want to ask what mod to craft on my amu, fire dmg or phyz dmg.
What to upgrade, change? belt? With hatred, herald, aa i have 16.8k dmg, no charges and other buffs. 85-90 res

24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Last edited by unlucky_child on Nov 28, 2015, 12:48:33 PM
"
unlucky_child wrote:
OK, so heres my upgraded gear and i want to ask what mod to craft on my amu, fire dmg or phyz dmg.
What to upgrade, change? belt? With hatred, herald, aa i have 16.8k dmg, no charges and other buffs. 85-90 res

yeah 100% phys, fire damage does nothing. Belts the next big upgrade and dorayni or a better rare is fine
LightyGaming.com
Is it possible to turn this build over to go fully MF ?
Like with the skill Poison Arrow.
"
Mispleled wrote:
Is it possible to turn this build over to go fully MF ?
Like with the skill Poison Arrow.

Yeah you can turn any build into MF, some better than others. Majority of MF builds work best for spell based builds as they scale best off gem levels and require minimum passive tree investment.
LightyGaming.com
Hi Lighty! Been using your guide for some time to spin2win my way to endgame, I greatly appreciate you making it and the maintenance and updating you do daily.

I'm sure I will have specific gear questions in the future but for now just one.

Lightning Coil seems awesome, but at a certain point standard mitigation would seem to become better, I have a rough understanding of how armor scaling works and how it sucks at mitigation BIG hits later on. Do you think there is a point at which you could get armor so high that it would be BETTER than coil(if not legacy coil) in all but the most extreme cases(crit+map enhanced crit+mob enchanced crit+mob enhanced damage+vulnerability+etc etc).

I ask because while I do not have a Rumi's currently I use a +% armor during use granite and go to about 30k armor, its fairly easy to maintain 100% uptime while doing anything but the least flask friendly bosses. I can imagine that with upgrades or your level of gear(if not your current specific gear since you are using coil) 50k+ is attainable(maybe go for the unyielding node near Resolute Technique).

TL:DR
You're awesome, is there an attainable level of armor at which standard lightning coil is overshadowed?

Edit: Grammar
Last edited by Psychoactive on Nov 29, 2015, 2:49:31 AM
"
you wrote:

yeah 100% phys, fire damage does nothing. Belts the next big upgrade and dorayni or a better rare is fine

I dont think doryani is good. 20-30% phys dmg is almost same as any rare belt. Trio res is nice, but almost all rares can provide dual 40+ res.

So in the end, it is 0.2% life leech vs 80 belt hp + weapon elemental dmg.

ANd one more question, do you think my 5L cwdt + cold snap is good? I was planning to change it to vaal slam
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Last edited by unlucky_child on Nov 29, 2015, 8:24:38 AM
Hi, wondering what the purpose is of running arctic armor
since you aren't really stationary as cyclone,
is it worth it just for the chilled effect?
Also wondering what to run instead of it
Hatred+Haste/Wrath/Anger or Hatred+HoA + another herald?.

Edit: also wanted to know why you run a blood magic gem in your helmet
in the gear section
since cwdt doesnt cost mana I think.
Cheers.
Last edited by Anonoo on Nov 29, 2015, 3:46:24 PM
"
Psychoactive wrote:
Hi Lighty! Been using your guide for some time to spin2win my way to endgame, I greatly appreciate you making it and the maintenance and updating you do daily.

I'm sure I will have specific gear questions in the future but for now just one.

Lightning Coil seems awesome, but at a certain point standard mitigation would seem to become better, I have a rough understanding of how armor scaling works and how it sucks at mitigation BIG hits later on. Do you think there is a point at which you could get armor so high that it would be BETTER than coil(if not legacy coil) in all but the most extreme cases(crit+map enhanced crit+mob enchanced crit+mob enhanced damage+vulnerability+etc etc).

I ask because while I do not have a Rumi's currently I use a +% armor during use granite and go to about 30k armor, its fairly easy to maintain 100% uptime while doing anything but the least flask friendly bosses. I can imagine that with upgrades or your level of gear(if not your current specific gear since you are using coil) 50k+ is attainable(maybe go for the unyielding node near Resolute Technique).

TL:DR
You're awesome, is there an attainable level of armor at which standard lightning coil is overshadowed?

Edit: Grammar

Basically coil is 22.5% armour worth of phys reduction (30% for legacy); with risk of shock. If you could attain that same amount of armour from a body without have to rework your passive tree that option would be better. So essentially see what your armour is which Coil and +22.5%(30%leg) then swap to your "armour" body and check your physical mitigation; if its higher than Coil isn't the better option. Armour's downside is it suffers from harsh diminishing returns but overall it scales fine until you get around 40-50k.

Relative Physical Damage Reduction (Base Formula)

where A is the defender's armour rating and Draw is the raw physical damage

Slightly confusing but it shows the phys reduction at differant numberical armour rating
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 29, 2015, 5:14:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info