(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hey Lighty,

just recently started to follow your build. I was wondering what gem combination you suggest in case of a 6l Chest?

I got a +500 life Kaoms Heart with 40% inc. fire damage mod... do u suggest using this in favour of a 6l armor life based chest? Or should I invest the amount of exas to get a +1000 life Kaom's Heart such as yours?

Regards,

Georg
-----------------------------------------------
IGN: Cataclysmo
sorry for the noob question but what does RT stand for?
"
RothVantage wrote:
sorry for the noob question but what does RT stand for?

Resolute Technique.Should be in the Abbreviation Legend section at the bottom of the guide.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Sep 11, 2015, 9:31:56 AM
"
MadCaDDy wrote:
Hey Lighty,

just recently started to follow your build. I was wondering what gem combination you suggest in case of a 6l Chest?

I got a +500 life Kaoms Heart with 40% inc. fire damage mod... do u suggest using this in favour of a 6l armor life based chest? Or should I invest the amount of exas to get a +1000 life Kaom's Heart such as yours?

Regards,

Georg

The best thing you can put in your secondary 6L setup ( if you have one ) is a vaal cyclone or other vaal skill setup. Kaoms is tied for best chest with lightning coil due to its high physical damage mitigation. If you have legacy kaoms that is always #1 as it adds close to 3000 life after passive point scaling.
LightyGaming.com
"
Ishkabibble wrote:
Lighty -- I'm looking for a bit of advice

This build is great and I really do thank you for continuing to respond to everyone's questions and comments.

To be clear, I did a respec out of your build to try another approach with cyclone, picking up a few endurance charges and things like that, cost me around 30 regrets, discovered that it was a total waste, so I switched back yesterday, costing another 30 regrets and wa-laa I'm back looking for some advice. "The very old will do these kind of silly things"

So, to my way of thinking I have a few issues to resolve, I believe my weapon & boots are set up properly and may not need any work.

But

My orb set up on the helm - gloves & chest could use some help - so I'm asking "What do you suggest".

I have started picking some new gear for later levels, currently level 87 & I just picked up a new pair of gloves with more life, figured I would probably do something similar with my boots, amy and rings and more than likely forgo my lust for rarity and focus on life - evasion - dex - int - resists & increased armor.

These are the new gloves I have stashed away:

My current gear:

5k hp
40k ++++ dps
max resists
-3 chaos (will jump to +22 with gloves)
121 rarity
str 426
dex 124
int 95

I have a acquired 15ex from drops that I have sold ---> keeping my amazing ax drop though.
I can do most maps up to lvl 76 with minimal to no issues - have yet to find maps of a higher level, I was given 1 level 78 map going to try that one later today. The slow regen are ok to do as well as the elemental reflect (just switching out fire damage, put on life gain on hit or leach, also turning off Hatred and put on Haste) So all in all he does amazingly well except for those once in a blue moon surprises - hoping to get those blue moons eliminated if possible.

Wondering if I should do something special with my chest piece - use as a 5 link or ...?
I use Hatred - HOA & Artic Armor
My Enfeeble activates sometimes - same with molten shell -- rarely see Im Call activated but that could just be me

Lots of possibilities to try, but really do not know what makes the most sense.

Remember I'm the old guy, so respond in short sentences - I tend to dose off.........................................z.........................z...............................z..................... from time to time.

Okay so nice gloves first off and sounds like your making great progress. The boot links look fine, standard synergistic 4link. I would suggest you put your golem @lv3 in your lv1 cwdt setup and put vengeance into your leapslam setup. If you run out of sockets you can swap over aa to your helm. For the 5l chest you would have to drop your high level cwdt for something like vaal cyclone which is great for mapping but that's up to you and how often your dying vs. your clear speed atm. Keeping your enfeeble lv5 is smart and that's the most its going to proc is off lv1 cwdt. Since your getting to the real end game of cyclone you could do something like start vaaling your doryani belts for +(4 to 6)% increased Radius of Area Skills and get most your gems 20/20+. Lmk how you progress and dont forget to master crafting something on those new gloves,Adds 3-4 to 6-7 Physical Damage or 0.2-0.4% of Physical Attack Damage leeched as Life would be best
LightyGaming.com
"
Rafishuster wrote:
Hi Lighty!
Thank you very much for your guide.
This Marauder is my first character and I think I'm doing pretty good with it. I've had a few issues on the leveling path which forced me to deviate a bit from your build (I went for the %life passive nodes circle near the Scion starting zone for example). In hindsight it could've been solved with better gear but not having a single chaos worth of currency to work with and getting 1 shot by the big skeletons in the Act 3 Library area wasn't fun. That was with fortify and a few endurance charges. Let's not even mention the corrupted mini-zones, a lot of deaths to the end bosses with even the weakest of mods. Those were a mess.

Anyway, fast forward a few weeks and now i'm at level 91, a few exalts richer and hit another brick wall, currently pursuing level 75+ maps but I find I can't keep myself alive on some of the harder bosses, I either have to skip them completely or rely on the other party members to kill them for me :-(

Is this supposed to be the case or am I missing something here? Do I need to have 8 auras up on me and some max level curse on the boss to be able to do them? I guess I can link both Life Gain on Hit and Life Leech gems to Cyclone (at the cost of Melee Physical damage and Added fire damage) but it feels like I won't be doing any damage that way.
Shouldn't the passive life leech keep me alive on it's own? Is there a DPS threshold you need to pass for that to happen?

Any tips would be appreciated.

My current gear is this :

And my talent tree.

Which pieces of gear should I replace? I'm locked in a way to the (two stone) ring and neck because of the Dexterity / Intellect stat on them, but I'm sure I'll be able to find alternatives.

Your gear and passive tree are fine overall; so are your gem links. One thing I would suggest is turning your lv20 gems into 1/20 gems by using the gcp + lv20 gem = 20 quality gem recipe (The resulting gem will be of the same skill, and will have its level reset to 1. Does not work with Corrupted gems). For the bosses in maps some are very difficult compared to others, for example the orchard boss(75) is most difficult than most 79 bosses; it also depends highly on the map mods rolled. At your level and gear you should be at 25k tooltip minimum which is fine for mapping (cyclone actual pdps is roughly 2.1 its tooltip). For gear replacing your Coral Ring and Cloth Belt are your weakest pieces of gear by far and look into replace those; possibly a doryanis catalyst for the belt.
LightyGaming.com
"
babiers13 wrote:
Hi, Sir Lighty!
Iam very like your build sir! can do well with self found gear in early game, and this is my first character who beat normal atziri(will try uber when my char reach 95) and core lvl 82 map (not nasty mod though)
Sadly iam playing in garena server and cannot link my character here, but i really need advice for next step sir!, almost all my gear self found except : Atziri Disfavour bought 6s and 6L it with 2 fuse(iam really lucky!), and ToH
My Gear (Beware wall of text) :
Spoiler
6l Disfavour with pf roll (Concen Area + BM + Fortify + Added Fire + Melee Phy Dmg + Cyclone)
Non Legacy Kaom Hearts
Devoto Devotion mid roll (Enlighten + Arctic Armour + Hatred + Ash )
Rare Shoes 193 armour and 193 eva, the mods :+38 str, +67 Life + 36 Fire res + 40 Ligh Res + 20% inc move spd + 64% arm and eva (Faster Attack + Blood Magic + Leap Slam + Blood Rage)
Rare Gloves 281 armour, the mods : 20% inc armour, +71 life, + 43 Fire, +31 light, +11% inc aspd (Enduring Cry + BM + IC + ID)
Two-Stone ring, the mod : 7-11 phy dmg, 79 life, 22 ES, 27 cold res, + 25 int
Sapphire ring, the mod : 6-15 phy dmg, 11 str, 67 life, 45 light res, + 25 int
Agate amulet, the mod :6-13 phy dmg, 14% inc fire dmg, 86 life, 9 all res, 29 cold res, 16% inc armour
Rustic Sash, the mod : +8 str, 92 life, 353 armour, 36 cold res, 23 fire res, reflect 2 phy dmg(trash mod)
Crimson Jewel : 8% inc damage, 15% phy dmg, 11% area dmg, 6% max life
Crimson Jewel : 5% aspd, 12% 2hand dmg, 6% life, +10 str and int
Crimson Jewel : 13% 2hand dmg, 4% aspd, 5% life
Viridian Jewel : 16% axe dmg, 6% life, 4%aspd and cast spd

DPS
Spoiler

DPS Blood rage + hatred + ash + promise + ToH
Spoiler
Can reach 92k with 3 frenzy and onslaught

Defense without charge and flask
Spoiler

Defense with charge can reach 90% with granite
Spoiler

Passive skills ( a little bit tweaking to my liking)

quick question sir,
1. is my passive build effective? if not how should i change it? iam using kaom hearts and my other gear is not quite decent yet, so i think i need to pick armour nodes.. my end goal for now is Uber Atziri :D
2. and about my gear, what i must upgrade next?
3. are my gem builds good?

so sorry for asking too many question, iam newbie here, just playing POE for 1 months and 2 weeks ^^, and about my english.. it's not my mother languange sorry for wrong verbs or grammars!

Hello and thanks for asking and enjoying the build. So first off i noticed on the passive tree you didnt have the Hematophagy & Rampart clusters; both of which I suggest you get. (Updated your passive tree slightly). Doryani Invitation is a good belt that you could also try and get with the 4-6% increased aoe vaal orb implicit. Your gems links are fine; possibly work in a lv1cwdt + lv5curse (Enfeeble/WarlordsMark) + lv3 golem setup if you wanted; Also don't forget to swap in increased area of effect when mapping in place of concentrated effect, it will help overall and swap conc effect back in for bosses. Hopefully that answers your questions and let me know if you have others.
LightyGaming.com
Hi again,

I just checked your weapon gem links. How come you dont have a blood magic gem socketed in weapon`? since you are running haste and hatred (Mana = 0) you wouldnt be able to cyclone, since it requires mana...can u help me out, how this works?

Regards
"
MadCaDDy wrote:
Hi again,

I just checked your weapon gem links. How come you dont have a blood magic gem socketed in weapon`? since you are running haste and hatred (Mana = 0) you wouldnt be able to cyclone, since it requires mana...can u help me out, how this works?

Regards

I had Vagan "socketed gems are supported by level 1 bloodmagic" prefix crafted onto my mace.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
MadCaDDy wrote:
Hi again,

Regards

I had Vagan "socketed gems are supported by level 1 bloodmagic" prefix crafted onto my mace.

Ah ok...I see...I am thinking about getting Atziri's Disfavour...so I will be obliged to use Blood Magic Gem on it...which gem would you recommend in my case to neglect then? What is the least necessary of the 6?

Another question: I checked your Atziri Video and u get up to like 6 endurance charges via Enduring cry...i only get 3 at max...did I oversee something? Did you increase the maximum amount via skill tree or due to items?

Thanks for your help in adavnce,

Regards!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info