(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hey Lighty, great guide for a noob like me. loving the build so far :D

atm i have 4.2k hp and 20k dps with flame golem + hatred + herald of ash

this is my current gear, any tip for upgrades??

"
Piroteca wrote:
Hey Lighty, great guide for a noob like me. loving the build so far :D

atm i have 4.2k hp and 20k dps with flame golem + hatred + herald of ash

this is my current gear, any tip for upgrades??

first off master crafting something on your coral ring; but for upgrades your at the point where your going to get expensive stuff. Atziri disfavour would be best next, 5-6l lightning coil, taste of hate, rumis. Weapon & body are the most important upgrades so start saving currency.
LightyGaming.com
What would you say as Astramentis for the necklace ?
Assfull of stats that kill all passive requirements, a bit bonus to evade+armor due to the stats...
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"
What would you say as Astramentis for the necklace ?
Assfull of stats that kill all passive requirements, a bit bonus to evade+armor due to the stats...

Better than some, worse than most. You cant have flat phys and resistance are the biggest problems.
LightyGaming.com
I just wanted to know why you didn't go with the frenzy charge over endurance or passive point? Seems like it would take a few passives to get a extra frenzy charge.
"
Vinchenzolo wrote:
I just wanted to know why you didn't go with the frenzy charge over endurance or passive point? Seems like it would take a few passives to get a extra frenzy charge.

You can if you really want to but later on you'd rather have 4% less damage with 75% up-time and have slightly more mitigation in an endurance charge or the passive point elsewhere. For softcore it doesn't matter much unless your min-maxing.
LightyGaming.com
"
Hi Lighty ^^ i've been playing poe for about a week and 1 day more or less now and i've been following first followed a ground slammer build then the same creator had a ice crush version which i swapp'd to.
But when i saw you using Cyclone on youtube i right away decided to ajust my build to fit cyclone and start leveling the skill. Tho now i have speced full mace, i have the primary weapons nodes in mace due to a friend giving me a ErQi. But researching different builds using cyclone including yours i've come to realize that Axe might be the "best" choice depending on the weapon you have available. To make this shorter "than it allready is" should i respec for axe?

my erqi isnt more than a 4l 5s but my currently highest dps wep w 329-511 (it got the best rolls it can get) but i allso have a Kaom's Primacy "254-397" (not the highest rolls) and it has accuracy which as you know is a waste of stats for these kinda build.
I have found 1 exalt thus far in my 1 week of this game and aiming to grind up to a atziri's axe. or should i drop that and aim for a Death Wreck?

Okay so kaoms primacy is slightly better than marohi erqi and the pdps ( physical damage per second ) comes out about the same. The -movement speed and insanely low attack speed on marohi erqi are also counterproductive to what cyclone is trying to do. Culling strike is another reason why kaoms primacy in particular is better; its effectively 10% more damage as its 10% less damage you have to deal. The reason why axes are "better" are because they have 7 weapon range ( maces have 6 ) which is what cyclones aoe radius is scaled off of. Another reason is the axe nodes themselves are valued higher due to things like "10% chance to onslaught on kill" from slaughter and the leech from splitting strikes. 6 socketing & 5-6 Linking a kaoms primacy shouldn't be difficult and If saving for an atziri's disfavour is your goal I wouldn't bother re-investing into kaoms primacy and just stick with marohi erqi as the difference isn't major/gamebreaking either way
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Sep 9, 2015, 8:41:01 AM
Lighty -- I'm looking for a bit of advice

This build is great and I really do thank you for continuing to respond to everyone's questions and comments.

To be clear, I did a respec out of your build to try another approach with cyclone, picking up a few endurance charges and things like that, cost me around 30 regrets, discovered that it was a total waste, so I switched back yesterday, costing another 30 regrets and wa-laa I'm back looking for some advice. "The very old will do these kind of silly things"

So, to my way of thinking I have a few issues to resolve, I believe my weapon & boots are set up properly and may not need any work.

But

My orb set up on the helm - gloves & chest could use some help - so I'm asking "What do you suggest".

I have started picking some new gear for later levels, currently level 87 & I just picked up a new pair of gloves with more life, figured I would probably do something similar with my boots, amy and rings and more than likely forgo my lust for rarity and focus on life - evasion - dex - int - resists & increased armor.

These are the new gloves I have stashed away:

My current gear:

5k hp
40k ++++ dps
max resists
-3 chaos (will jump to +22 with gloves)
121 rarity
str 426
dex 124
int 95

I have a acquired 15ex from drops that I have sold ---> keeping my amazing ax drop though.
I can do most maps up to lvl 76 with minimal to no issues - have yet to find maps of a higher level, I was given 1 level 78 map going to try that one later today. The slow regen are ok to do as well as the elemental reflect (just switching out fire damage, put on life gain on hit or leach, also turning off Hatred and put on Haste) So all in all he does amazingly well except for those once in a blue moon surprises - hoping to get those blue moons eliminated if possible.

Wondering if I should do something special with my chest piece - use as a 5 link or ...?
I use Hatred - HOA & Artic Armor
My Enfeeble activates sometimes - same with molten shell -- rarely see Im Call activated but that could just be me

Lots of possibilities to try, but really do not know what makes the most sense.

Remember I'm the old guy, so respond in short sentences - I tend to dose off.........................................z.........................z...............................z..................... from time to time.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Sep 9, 2015, 5:07:17 PM
Hi Lighty!
Thank you very much for your guide.
This Marauder is my first character and I think I'm doing pretty good with it. I've had a few issues on the leveling path which forced me to deviate a bit from your build (I went for the %life passive nodes circle near the Scion starting zone for example). In hindsight it could've been solved with better gear but not having a single chaos worth of currency to work with and getting 1 shot by the big skeletons in the Act 3 Library area wasn't fun. That was with fortify and a few endurance charges. Let's not even mention the corrupted mini-zones, a lot of deaths to the end bosses with even the weakest of mods. Those were a mess.

Anyway, fast forward a few weeks and now i'm at level 91, a few exalts richer and hit another brick wall, currently pursuing level 75+ maps but I find I can't keep myself alive on some of the harder bosses, I either have to skip them completely or rely on the other party members to kill them for me :-(

Is this supposed to be the case or am I missing something here? Do I need to have 8 auras up on me and some max level curse on the boss to be able to do them? I guess I can link both Life Gain on Hit and Life Leech gems to Cyclone (at the cost of Melee Physical damage and Added fire damage) but it feels like I won't be doing any damage that way.
Shouldn't the passive life leech keep me alive on it's own? Is there a DPS threshold you need to pass for that to happen?

Any tips would be appreciated.

My current gear is this :

And my talent tree.

Which pieces of gear should I replace? I'm locked in a way to the (two stone) ring and neck because of the Dexterity / Intellect stat on them, but I'm sure I'll be able to find alternatives.
Hi, Sir Lighty!
Iam very like your build sir! can do well with self found gear in early game, and this is my first character who beat normal atziri(will try uber when my char reach 95) and core lvl 82 map (not nasty mod though)
Sadly iam playing in garena server and cannot link my character here, but i really need advice for next step sir!, almost all my gear self found except : Atziri Disfavour bought 6s and 6L it with 2 fuse(iam really lucky!), and ToH
My Gear (Beware wall of text) :
Spoiler
6l Disfavour with pf roll (Concen Area + BM + Fortify + Added Fire + Melee Phy Dmg + Cyclone)
Non Legacy Kaom Hearts
Devoto Devotion mid roll (Enlighten + Arctic Armour + Hatred + Ash )
Rare Shoes 193 armour and 193 eva, the mods :+38 str, +67 Life + 36 Fire res + 40 Ligh Res + 20% inc move spd + 64% arm and eva (Faster Attack + Blood Magic + Leap Slam + Blood Rage)
Rare Gloves 281 armour, the mods : 20% inc armour, +71 life, + 43 Fire, +31 light, +11% inc aspd (Enduring Cry + BM + IC + ID)
Two-Stone ring, the mod : 7-11 phy dmg, 79 life, 22 ES, 27 cold res, + 25 int
Sapphire ring, the mod : 6-15 phy dmg, 11 str, 67 life, 45 light res, + 25 int
Agate amulet, the mod :6-13 phy dmg, 14% inc fire dmg, 86 life, 9 all res, 29 cold res, 16% inc armour
Rustic Sash, the mod : +8 str, 92 life, 353 armour, 36 cold res, 23 fire res, reflect 2 phy dmg(trash mod)
Crimson Jewel : 8% inc damage, 15% phy dmg, 11% area dmg, 6% max life
Crimson Jewel : 5% aspd, 12% 2hand dmg, 6% life, +10 str and int
Crimson Jewel : 13% 2hand dmg, 4% aspd, 5% life
Viridian Jewel : 16% axe dmg, 6% life, 4%aspd and cast spd

DPS
Spoiler

DPS Blood rage + hatred + ash + promise + ToH
Spoiler
Can reach 92k with 3 frenzy and onslaught

Defense without charge and flask
Spoiler

Defense with charge can reach 90% with granite
Spoiler

Passive skills ( a little bit tweaking to my liking)

quick question sir,
1. is my passive build effective? if not how should i change it? iam using kaom hearts and my other gear is not quite decent yet, so i think i need to pick armour nodes.. my end goal for now is Uber Atziri :D
2. and about my gear, what i must upgrade next?
3. are my gem builds good?

so sorry for asking too many question, iam newbie here, just playing POE for 1 months and 2 weeks ^^, and about my english.. it's not my mother languange sorry for wrong verbs or grammars!

Last edited by babiers13 on Sep 11, 2015, 5:33:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info