In game trading should have been implemented

"
Miská wrote:
"
Ziiyo wrote:
There is nothing wrong with an Auction house and it would benefit the game.

Too many people end up raging due to shitty sellers or shitty buyers. Put an item in the AH also gives people a better idea of what an item costs (poe.trade) as they should search before hand.

What I FUCKING (bad french) hate is in the Public Group menu people have trade windows open and this never freaking ends. So the real group function is and will always be used as an AH as long as GGG doesnt fix this crap. Its so annoying to scroll through just to find a mapping group.

By the way, putting a AH in does NOT remove the human element. People can still trade face to face and work out deals. This will not change.

You are wrong. And i'm glad we will never get an AH. It will ruin the fun of trade in PoE. Stop being lazy and make an effort.

I don't think you read before you reply.

There is seldom 'fun' in trading. Most people are vile and full of crap. They don't trade in the sense of the word unless they are experienced traders. Most people with pop up shops want their exact currency for an item and also dont want to take it in other forms. When you trade , you get the 'stop wasting my time' or 'ignored' or or or.

I have been playing this game from beta so am no new to any trade forms BUT over the hundreds of people I have traded with I can say most times its like chewing off my damn arm.

A AH style can be created in many unique ways. We need a system that would offer this in a simple format without killing face to face trade.

Lets be honest.. you dont care where you get an item from until end game... you just care that the item is there for 1 chaos and you need it NOW to level. A lot of the time people are offline and you wait days for shit... its annoying!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Last edited by Ziiyo on Jul 6, 2015, 5:09:22 AM
"
Ziiyo wrote:
There is seldom 'fun' in trading. Most people are vile and full of crap. They don't trade in the sense of the word unless they are experienced traders. Most people with pop up shops want their exact currency for an item and also dont want to take it in other forms. When you trade , you get the 'stop wasting my time' or 'ignored' or or or.

I have been playing this game from beta so am no new to any trade forms BUT over the hundreds of people I have traded with I can say most times its like chewing off my damn arm.

A AH style can be created in many unique ways. We need a system that would offer this in a simple format without killing face to face trade.

Lets be honest.. you dont care where you get an item from until end game... you just care that the item is there for 1 chaos and you need it NOW to level. A lot of the time people are offline and you wait days for shit... its annoying!

I agree completely with your sentiments about trading.

I just don't agree that an AH is the best option for addressing this problem. I think an AH would create a lot more bigger problems than it solves.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
GooberM wrote:
"
Rumthorp wrote:
GGG has promised to add offline trading for years and it continues to be my only complaint about this super awesome game.

No, they haven't. The closest thing we've had to a "promise" is Chris mentioning they were looking into a way to purchase things from the forums while not being logged in the game.

Sorry mate, but you're flat out wrong. They went as far as to say that people were already working on it. Lots of people are disappointed about this, and rightly so imo.

Edit: There's even a gamespot interview dating back to 2013 where they said the new trade system was coming, though of course no date was put on it.

Ah, you're right, Chris mentioned they were working on it, but that it wouldn't be ready for patch 1.1.0 (SotV, I think).
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
Ziiyo wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
"
Ziiyo wrote:
There is nothing wrong with an Auction house and it would benefit the game.

Too many people end up raging due to shitty sellers or shitty buyers. Put an item in the AH also gives people a better idea of what an item costs (poe.trade) as they should search before hand.

What I FUCKING (bad french) hate is in the Public Group menu people have trade windows open and this never freaking ends. So the real group function is and will always be used as an AH as long as GGG doesnt fix this crap. Its so annoying to scroll through just to find a mapping group.

By the way, putting a AH in does NOT remove the human element. People can still trade face to face and work out deals. This will not change.

You are wrong. And i'm glad we will never get an AH. It will ruin the fun of trade in PoE. Stop being lazy and make an effort.

I don't think you read before you reply.

No, i do have fun trading. Stop speaking for other people. Your whole post is made up outta 1 big pile of what you think everyone feels. They don't. So. No.

Trading is what you make it to be. The only people i see whine and complain are the ones that don't understand the economy, and are frustrated they are poor forever. So like i said before. Stop being lazy, and shape up. Or stop whining. Either will do.
"
Miská wrote:
Trading is what you make it to be. The only people i see whine and complain are the ones that don't understand the economy, and are frustrated they are poor forever. So like i said before. Stop being lazy, and shape up. Or stop whining. Either will do.

I'm really happy that you're happy with the way things are, but a lot of people aren't and to just dismiss them as uneducated whiners simply isn't going to cut it. We were told that a new system was going to be implemented and that people were working on it. That means at least at some point in time, GGG also felt that trade doesn't work the way it should.

Of course people are going to whine and complain if you tell them you are going to give them something they want, then change your mind. It's the only logical outcome.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jul 6, 2015, 5:55:48 AM
"
Miská wrote:

No, i do have fun trading. Stop speaking for other people. Your whole post is made up outta 1 big pile of what you think everyone feels. They don't. So. No.

Poor, being good or bad at trading is not a direct link to your wealth. I have almost every high end unique in the game along with super good rare items and many 6 links and legacy items. I have been in the trading game for ages. You think its the buyer who doesn't know what they are doing hence trading is on them... WRONG

So many sellers have no idea what items cost or the value of currency ... so NOTHING you do when trying to trade is going to make the situation better.

Don't lump me into the inexperiences newbie category as judging by your profile, you are still pretty new.. maybe that is why all of your experiencs have been good ones :) ?

PS: This is NOT my single opinion from what I can gather in game and on forums the majority lean towards a new way of trade.

#Edumacation
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Last edited by Ziiyo on Jul 6, 2015, 5:58:28 AM
Im amazed how people dont know how to make currency. Either you flip or you grind dat domi farm heck even docks. If you dont know how to flip i suggest you learn. Build a mfer and go grind. This is not D3 where you get everything on a silverplate and that RMAH in D3 ruined the fucking game.
Lay off with the QQ and get motivated.

Stop with the excuses holy shit, GGG made farming for currency so much easier then it ever was before. Look at all the masters etc. Tired of these threads.

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
"
Ziiyo wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Poor, being good or bad at trading is not a direct link to your wealth. I have almost every high end unique in the game along with super good rare items and many 6 links and legacy items. I have been in the trading game for ages. You think its the buyer who doesn't know what they are doing hence trading is on them... WRONG

So many sellers have no idea what items cost or the value of currency ... so NOTHING you do when trying to trade is going to make the situation better.

Don't lump me into the inexperiences newbie category as judging by your profile, you are still pretty new.. maybe that is why all of your experiencs have been good ones :) ?

PS: This is NOT my single opinion from what I can gather in game and on forums the majority lean towards a new way of trade.

#Edumacation

It's not about wealth, it's about understanding it. Anyone can have items in standard. That's no achievement. Understanding it would mean you would not have any problem in league play to buy what you want to buy. So no, i don't have an issue with the trading system right now. Sure there are bad people out there, but jeez, they are everywhere in life. Grow some skin i would say.

Your judgement based on profile (While having your own set private ofcourse) is hilarious. I don't anyone who played this game for as much as i did can be seen as new. Then again, you are probably just think you are skilled in trolling.

How can anyone constantly refer to promises. Jeez. Don't you see how much work they put into this game? Stop being spoiled little brats. You remind me of my children.

If you have no time to trade then you just need to realize you won't get everything you want. Because guess what? Some game actually need gametime to become wealthy and experienced. Instead of sitting infront of your desk on monday morning at work, making currency. If you don't have the time, just deal with it.
Last edited by Miská on Jul 6, 2015, 6:41:32 AM
"
Miská wrote:

Stop playing a arpg game and go play a browser trading game. People are coming to playthis game mostly not for trade but to kill shit and get shit. Trading is the least important thing in this type of games.

The fact is people hate wasting time on something that was and never will be important for this type of games, trade. And its not a surprise so many people dislike the shitty trade there is in PoE as they dont want to waste their time on something boring as shit in a arpg game, and if there must be trade than make it as fast as possible.

Trading in this game is shit, and it needs to be improved, and GGG knows it and will do it sooner or later.
Last edited by miljan on Jul 6, 2015, 6:46:07 AM
"
miljan wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Stop playing a arpg game and go play a browser trading game. People are coming to playthis game mostly not for trade but to kill shit and get shit. Trading is the least important thing in this type of games.

The fact is people hate wasting time on something that was and never will be important for this type of games, trade. And its not a surprise so many people dislike the shitty trade there is in PoE as they dont want to waste their time on something boring as shit in a arpg game, and if there must be trade than make it as fast as possible.

Trading in this game is shit, and it needs to be improved, and GGG knows it and will do it sooner or later.

No they won't. Thank god this company is resistent against the new generation of lazy gamers. GGG made trade a core part of PoE. I'm sure they can decide what they want to be part of their game. You can play PoE perfectly fine without trade or minimal trade aswell. You just handicap yourself a little. So many options, but you still need trading gone. Go play diablo, boy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info