-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Acolina87 wrote:
"
Jojas wrote:
"
Acolina87 wrote:
Im amazed how people dont know how to make currency. Either you flip or you grind dat domi farm heck even docks. If you dont know how to flip i suggest you learn. Build a mfer and go grind. This is not D3 where you get everything on a silverplate and that RMAH in D3 ruined the fucking game.
Lay off with the QQ and get motivated.

Stop with the excuses holy shit, GGG made farming for currency so much easier then it ever was before. Look at all the masters etc. Tired of these threads.

Amazing how you make a game sound like work. MAKE CURRENCY! GO GRIND! LEARN HOW TO FLIP! GET MOTIVATED! STOP WITH THE EXCUSES!

All that's missing is: IF YOU WANNA HAVE FUN GO ELSEWHERE!

Im a hard working man, both in irl and in poe. I dont QQ and whine just because i dont have shit. Imho this is how I have fun i LOVE grinding and working towards a goal. Something that younger generations lack. Heck people that are older then me are even more motivated. Todays generation expect everything on a silver plate. I see this everyday people complain about what they dont have like "oh please tell me how to make currency" Use your BRAIN, the forum is FULL OF INFORMATION. Use this knowledge to your advantage and stop QQ.

Speaking of the younger generation: That might be true or not, I don't know too many of them, but it might just as well be that it's not a generational thing. When I was young computer games were for nerds. Nerds do lots of stuff that the average Joe does not. But today your average Joe plays computer games as well, and since there are lots more average Joes than nerds, that's the direction games tend to go today.

But I honestly think that there is a confusion with some PoE players. Just because PoE is clearly not a game for the average Joe, and just because there is a great wish within most of the community that it should not become one, it does not mean that all aspects of PoE should stay the way they are. The confusion I mean is that some people don't want anything in PoE to ever change, out of fear that it becomes like so many other games today. But because of that fear they are unable to differentiate between what changes might be beneficial and what changes might be detrimental to it.

And because they are arguing from fear, they tend to get personal instead of rational. What does it matter if someone doesn't know how to make currency and asks for help? Or how to flip? What's it to you? Maybe he's just dumb? Or overwhelmed and afraid he had missed something, what with all the amazing drops in PoE...

And what's the problem with a more convenient way to trade? Is the existence of poe.trade really something GGG can be proud of? Making a trade heavy game and not providing a proper way to get the items you seek, and instead relying on a 3rd-party site?

And is it really so hard to acknowledge that for most people grinding is the opposite of what they consider fun? It has nothing to do with being lazy or wanting instant gratification. For most people doing the same thing over and over again, it just melts their brains. It's like working an assembly line. Have you ever done that? I have. The people working there look 10 years older than they are, and they live in a state of at least resignation, if not depression. That's what prolonged mindless repetition does to you. If you love it, good for you, but you should at least acknowledge that there are valid reasons for hating it.
I belive even the avarage Joe is smart enough to use his/her brain and gather information that will lead to a succesful poe experience.

We ALL started on that twilight strand as newbies, i never said poe isnt for everybody. I like that new players experience path of exile, best damn Arpg game to this day ever created hands down and i hope it lasts long.

And before i get dem d2 players reacting to my post just fyi i played the shit outta d2 back in the day. I loved it and i had a blast but now PoE is taking over and im happy.

What i am tired of tough is the complaints. And if you dont like grinding then this game is not for you.

If you like smart loot and fast geared char´s i recommend d3, me imho get bored of it, takes me 1 week and im all geared TOP BiS gear with gems and everything.

So in the end Poe is for everybody, but its the choices you make that will affect your gameplay. You either study it, gather information, learn the trade market, become succesful at it or you just end up here on the forum telling everybody how you cant farm a chaos orb.

The choice is yours Poe players, get motivated, go grind become succesful and have fun!
Or QQ in forums and be miserable. All up to you.

AngelOfPurity
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
Is it really so hard to get rid of the hyperbole? Either smart loot and fast geared chars or the way Poe does it, nothing in-between ...

I don't have any hopes that PoE will ever become they way I'd want it to be, but why should that stop me from criticizing it? For example, I'd want much stronger rare monsters, and an almost guaranteed rare drop from them. I'd want that because I find too much of PoE to be a bit too bland, both threat- and lootwise. Will it happen? Nope.
But if I can make a sensible argument for my case, and if I'm just one of many voices, maybe GGG will not go for it all the way, but it might inspire them to improve this aspect of Poe their way.

Like, many people repeatedly criticized the crafting in PoE. For a time more or less everybody agreed that in PoE crafting is nothing but gambling. Did GGG make it more deterministic? No, but imo they did something better by introducing the masters. Now only the most radical RNGeesus freaks think that's bad, and the whole crafting = gambling argument is no more.

So who's to say that complaints and suggestions made today won't lead to some improvement in the future? Improvement, the GGG way?

And if you're tired of seeing people complaining, why don't you just stay away from threads like these?
It's not that you made particularly helpful posts. Anybody can figure out that playing more equals more loot equals more wealth. All you did was stating your opposition to what you think is an issue for some people.
Mr. Jojas
I never read something more wise in this forums, i start this game 14 months ago, sometimes it's frustrating, but i like challenging games, only if you effort pays off, having said that my guild began playing at another level, now we are never short of exalted although much remains to be done. It´s diferent game when you can try more expensive builds anf afford expensive items, the problem with the game are the first months when you have nothing you are poor and don't see a way out.
Last edited by Srbrakka on Jul 6, 2015, 9:14:39 AM
"
"
zeekidc2 wrote:
Can somebody PLEASE explain why an auction house is a bad idea?

Short answer: Look what happened to D3.

Slightly longer answer: Putting together an auction house automates trading and eliminates the human element. It's GGG's philosophy that the human element (bartering, negotiating, communications) is a part of the game that they want to keep.

ctrl+c ctrl+v the whisper message from poe.trade is really a human element at least as much as the trade chat spamming scripts.
Last edited by krenderke on Jul 6, 2015, 10:11:32 AM
Making ah it's a great idea. Most of people just wanna log into game kill mobs>drop items>sell loot>buy eq>repeat
for trading you need sacrfice so much time which you can spend for farming, trading system is terrible.
Ah will refresh game
example: you have stash of items on poe.trade when somebody wanna buy it u must stop doing maps, speak with this guy etc, ah help alot you just put item into sell, you catch eye somebody, he buy it, you take orbs, everyone is happy
"
krenderke wrote:
"
"
zeekidc2 wrote:
Can somebody PLEASE explain why an auction house is a bad idea?

Short answer: Look what happened to D3.

Slightly longer answer: Putting together an auction house automates trading and eliminates the human element. It's GGG's philosophy that the human element (bartering, negotiating, communications) is a part of the game that they want to keep.

ctrl+c ctrl+v the whisper message from poe.trade is really a human element at least as much as the trade chat spamming scripts.

People being off-line forcing you to another shop/seller is the human element GGG wants to keep.

It creates fluctuations in prices of items. With offline purchases, prices no longer fluctuate, reducing the power of bargaining.

This in return reduces the satisfaction of finding an upgrade(even on a trade market), since you can no longer "scout" for cheap purchases.

Being unable to trade with offline people is an important portion of our functioning economy.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
gathor wrote:
we already use some sort of it - poe.trade. This third party website is a godsend to thousands of people like me who don't really give a damn about flipping and shit and just want to play the game

This may be an appropriate time to mention that within the coming months, wraeclast.net will combine a scraper (which is what poe.trade is) with our full forum alerts functionality. The practical implication of that is you'll be able to set what you want to buy and how much you want to pay for it, and you'll receive an alert when it comes up for sale, along with a direct link to the wts thread here. You'll also be able to set it to only alert you when the seller is online. You don't even need to refresh the page to get the alert, you can just leave it open. We can't do direct forum trades as that would involve all sorts of hax and rule breaking, but we can at least do exactly what I just described, and work is already under way :)

@Acolina87, I'm getting tired of reading your crap in this thread. Before any mods edit this and put me on probation for calling him out, please consider that he himself is being hostile, non constructive, and clearly hasn't read what this is even about.

People aren't saying they don't understand how to get currency. They aren't saying they are too lazy to trade. Again, you might think trade is perfect, but evidently GGG don't or they wouldn't have spent time and resources on developing an extended trade system. Instead of just sitting there insulting people and spewing irrelevant nonsense, try to actually grasp the points people are making and base your responses on those points.

Thank gawd most players aren't as apathetic as you when it comes to demanding improvements and following up on it, otherwise these new sync fixes would likely never have happened.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jul 6, 2015, 10:22:53 AM
"
Boem wrote:

People being off-line forcing you to another shop/seller is the human element GGG wants to keep.

It creates fluctuations in prices of items. With offline purchases, prices no longer fluctuate, reducing the power of bargaining.

This in return reduces the satisfaction of finding an upgrade(even on a trade market), since you can no longer "scout" for cheap purchases.

Being unable to trade with offline people is an important portion of our functioning economy.

Peace,

-Boem-

No they dont. They specifically said they want people to be able to trade if they are offline.

And there is no such thing as function economy in a games like this. The only thing there is are limitation, implementation of bad mechanics and currency sink so you can slow down as much as possible the downfall and inflation of economy
Last edited by miljan on Jul 6, 2015, 10:24:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info