Eternal Orbs

Well I just checked about Eternal orbs today.
I only started this game on Perandus league.

And , I soo want them!

Anyhow, looking back, was this a good move?
"
JasonSeerose wrote:

And , I soo want them!

Considering you went from multiple wealthy crafters making sweet items to two people controlling 99% of the market in Standard, I'm a little hesitant to say it was a good move.

A gross underestimation of how quickly new 6t1 items could be created by GGG. But then again, with a billion "More" multiplier Gems and 8 Ascendancy Points, it's not like people need to have these items.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Well I started crafting like two weeks ago and studying all mechanics and tricks.

I, for one, love to take my build to perfection and beyond.
That is my main objective when I play this kind of games.

Anyhow, I built an idea of how much currency I need for a gg item.

And imagining after all that sweat and time spent, the 6th affix is left for yolo, is like
What the fuck is wrong here?!!.

So I feel Obligated, (in order to fulfill my objectives, of course ), to pay very high fees to already very rich players for a perfect 6 T1 item.

And I don't like to feel obliged.

I like options, thats why I like playing RPG's.
Last edited by JasonSeerose on Jun 29, 2016, 12:05:16 PM
"
"
JasonSeerose wrote:

And , I soo want them!

Considering you went from multiple wealthy crafters making sweet items to two people controlling 99% of the market in Standard, I'm a little hesitant to say it was a good move.

A gross underestimation of how quickly new 6t1 items could be created by GGG. But then again, with a billion "More" multiplier Gems and 8 Ascendancy Points, it's not like people need to have these items.

Eventually they will run out of Eternal orbs.

Like Chris said in the even more recent manifesto about the horrible trash garbage shitstain of an exp penalty implementation, eventually they will introduce monsters above level 83 and 84 (I don't know if 84 is even possible yet, but 83 is); when this happens, they will probably also introduce new item bases and item mods because it'll be a large expansion to the endgame. And eventually there just won't be any eternals left (that people are willing to sell for less than a mirror each, anyway, hahah).

So gear of this generation wasn't fixed, but I think making eternals stop dropping was still the right long-term call.
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 29, 2016, 9:02:21 PM
I don't know, standard is pretty much the dumping ground of everything. Eternals made crafting too easy, too quick so some folks were against them for that reason. But in standard where 6t1 items already exist, I don't think it was the right call. For the leagues though, which have a fresh economy at the start, maybe they were right and eternals were a bad idea. I don't agree with that, but at least I understand it. I'd personally like eternals back.

He is pretty lonely.
"
ghoulavenger wrote:
I don't know, standard is pretty much the dumping ground of everything. Masters (not Eternals) made crafting too easy, too quick so some folks were against them for that reason. But in standard where 6t1 items already exist, I don't think it was the right call. For the leagues though, which have a fresh economy at the start, maybe they were right and eternals were a bad idea. I don't agree with that, but at least I understand it. I'd personally like eternals back.

He is pretty lonely.

fixed it
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Aug 3, 2016, 5:56:42 AM
I started playing poe the same patch that forsaken masters came out. So I can't speak to how difficult or easy it was to craft without masters. I do feel that, relative to crafting after Elreon mod was changed from 1 divine to two exalts and then again after the hybrid mods were removed, it became decently difficult to craft an item that you could build around. For me it has ultimately become too difficult to even try crafting anymore. It feels like eternals and masters both attempt to fill the same void in the game for crafting the best possible items, and they are both somewhat lacking. Eternals were quite rare and only became truely amazing when used with many other eternals, which becomes a massive limiting factor for most. Masters are much more accessible, but they don't allow you to complete a project. If you end up with a weapon with dictator's and merciless prefixes, you take a leap of faith to hope for flaring (in a world without eternals). I never had a chance to try crafting with eternals, but it seems like it could have been fun.

Ultimately, perfect rares are amazingly fun to use, but in the past they been almost required to be able to do a some very difficult content. That isn't an issue anymore with ascendancy and other major changes that have made the player a lot stronger.

On the surface I disagree with removing eternals. I also recognize that ggg made the decision with the benefit of far more data informing it than I have informing me. That is comforting enough to be ok with it.
"
ghoulavenger wrote:
I don't know, standard is pretty much the dumping ground of everything. Eternals made crafting too easy, too quick so some folks were against them for that reason. But in standard where 6t1 items already exist, I don't think it was the right call. For the leagues though, which have a fresh economy at the start, maybe they were right and eternals were a bad idea. I don't agree with that, but at least I understand it. I'd personally like eternals back.

He is pretty lonely.

I don't see an issue with this. I don't care about permanent leagues though.
There's a problem with how permanent leagues are right now though. Any eternal crafted 6t1 item is legacy. They're incredibly much more difficult to craft. Personally I feel that when legacy items are relatively common like they would be in standard, and so far there's nothing that competes. It's not wise to change that system. With legacy uniques or rares normally (ignoring eternal crafting) they have been achieved within a slim time-frame and will become something you can't expect anymore. Some will be worse than other items simply by virtue of there being better alternatives. Others will be the best until the game dies.

But leaving players with eternal orbs guarantee that any future items will also be made legacy. I don't think it'd be a good idea to remove them from players. They're very rare and I don't have any doubt that players who play the permanent leagues are very attached to them. So if that's not an option leaving them in is the only option to avoid making items perpetually legacy.

Sure. It's not a true form of legacy. But getting a 6 tier 1 property item is way easier with them.
I don't think they were removed because of the permanent league experience either.
Eternals should be only in standard.
"
Axel_Moore wrote:
Eternals should be only in standard.

I disagree, they should also be in leagues, but at a very very rare drop rate, almost as rare as mirrors.
IGN:Axe_Crazy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info