Eternal Orbs

"
kuranai777 wrote:
"
ghoulavenger wrote:
I still hold by one of my previous statements, a better solution for all the naysayers would haven't been the removal of eternals but flooding the market.

But this will mean more GG items flooding the market, i dont think GGG really want that. There is a reason why master hybrid crafting was removed.

I didn't say it was something that GGG wanted, but would dispel the myths about the upper 1%. Crafting isn't easy, and it gets harder because the drops are geared that crafting objects are better used as currency than crafting. Whether this is GGG's intention or not, the people that think that there is a serious problem with eternals/mirrors are just too low on the totem pole to understand what it is about. How can a single individual put a focus on crafting without being extremely wealthy with the current drop rate pattern. And I think that is why they focus on the rich instead of focusing on what is actually there.

Sure some folks might not want GG items floating around, and if GGG doesn't want them floating around then this change is in the right direction. I also said that. I'm not sure whether or not I agree with it. My main complaint is that people don't seem to be understanding what it is they're applauding, which is a nerf for everybody, even though it probably doesn't affect them personally. But if they wanted to get into that upper 1% their chances are effectively shot (because they'll never be able to afford the eternals that the upper 1% have a monopoly on), unless they want to RMT. And RMT is making serious money with this change.
Someone else already perfectly tldr-ed the situation:

> eternals by themselves = good mechanic
> mirrors by themselves = bad mechanic
> both together = really, really, really bad mechanic

Personally I'd remove mirrors, severely buff the drop rate of eternals (1 per ~2000 hours is retarded & balanced only for botting) and make the item account bound, when an eternal is used on it.

This way eternals would mostly serve a personal use (no fears of flooding the market with GG items) and their usage scope would be more broad: for chroming / linking attempts, even during lvling, etc... Maybe put a limitation: ilvl of eternal has to be >= ilvl of item on which is used.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
ghoulavenger wrote:
the people that think that there is a serious problem with eternals/mirrors are just too low on the totem pole to understand what it is about.

I think people who cant see theres a problem just have no appreciation for a game that is supposed to have serious challenge and serious longevity, it reminds me of the multimod weapon debate. I think theres a problem with eternals and mirrors, I have mirrored gear, I craft with eternal/exalts, you think I dont understand what that scene is about? I think you dont know what is healthy for an item game tbh, having perfect gear just shouldnt be possible in the volumes it currently is, an appreciation of that has nothing to do with where you are on the 'totem pole', its something anyone can appreciate or be oblivious to.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
ghoulavenger wrote:
the people that think that there is a serious problem with eternals/mirrors are just too low on the totem pole to understand what it is about.

I think people who cant see theres a problem just have no appreciation for a game that is supposed to have serious challenge and serious longevity, it reminds me of the multimod weapon debate. I think theres a problem with eternals and mirrors, I have mirrored gear, I craft with eternal/exalts, you think I dont understand what that scene is about? I think you dont know what is healthy for an item game tbh, having perfect gear just shouldnt be possible in the volumes it currently is, an appreciation of that has nothing to do with where you are on the 'totem pole', its something anyone can appreciate or be oblivious to.

I could possibly be wrong, and I was generalizing (there are exceptions to every rule). But people that aren't looking for the experience of perfect gear wouldn't be playing standard anyway (well of the serious players, casuals might play standard just because they have their loot there, both of these are reasons I play in standard). But since your argument is that people shouldn't have perfect gear, and it is bad for the game, why don't you support your argument? How is it bad for the game, how can it be avoided, how can it be done better? If you support your argument I'll weigh its viability.

Keep in mind these are not possibilities, you must work within the framework offered:
Removal of legacy gear - GGG doesn't want to mess with the database or whatever excuse they're using now, so everybody is going to keep legacies.
Removal of eternals completely - As above
Removal of mirrors - Even if mirrors were entirely removed their legacy lives on and only someone like you profits.
A wipe of standard - Even if GGG agreed to do such a thing, the problem would just repeat itself because of the proliferation of loot, it may take longer, but the underlying problem still exists and quite possibly with a much smaller playerbase though I doubt the game would die completely. A lot of people like playing in the temp leagues.
Removal of trading - I would actually appreciate this one, I'm fine with playing solo self found (heck for the most part I only trade in currencies to get the ones I need to keep playing the way I do, but do run a small shop on the forum) but GGG doesn't want to subscribe to that model, so drops must be based on the idea that items will be traded and go to where they are best used this includes the pooling of resources by guilds, which is the one legit way I can think of to amass that kind of wealth to begin with.
Account bound items - This would also be bad for trading and therefore will likely never be adopted.
Last edited by ghoulavenger on Jul 7, 2015, 4:56:57 AM
i've never had an eternal drop since I started playing, and I quess i even never will. Thank you GGG, I have almost one thousand hours and had like 6ex orbs drops..
If GGG wanted to actually make this a good idea they should've removed both Eternals and Mirrors, they made a big mistake leaving eternals as legacy, all current eternals should have been disabled and a vendor recipe enabled for them, Let's say vendoring one eternal nets 5-6ex, vendoring a mirror nets 250(Not sure on mirror price)

They also should've brought in 3 new tiers with the new tier 2 and 1 completely overshadowing the current t1 thus making current mirrored gear good but not amazing.

This change hasn't really affected anything in the current meta and will be utterly pointless until Act 6 due to the fact people will craft the new tiers with the current eternals they have.

Of course balancing with the new stronger tiers would be harder so that's probably the reason they didn't do this.
Last edited by _Trekka on Jul 7, 2015, 5:06:41 AM
I am so ricccccccchhhhhhhhhh.

TROLOLOLOL

Love,
Bunny
Last edited by Aalhamas on Jul 7, 2015, 5:18:48 AM
Thanks GGG.

Finally buisness oriented crafting is gone! Almost atleast, and very limited to maybe a few items ppl will come up with (mostly on currently non crafted bases). Also perfect timing to introduce the change.
Never thought it's gonna happen somehow, was thinking of the mirror goes first, but i like it even more that way.
TO all ppl that have sold their crafted "old 5-6t1 items",... iam sry for you,... not.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
"
bersi23 wrote:
Please remove Mirrors aswell, they ruin the whole game economy and the way how players trade and play. Without mirrors, classic item:item trades will be possible again. With mirrors, everybody sells loot for currency to buy one day a mirror and copy a 6t1 item or simply buy an already mirrored copy. That is what I call "BAD economy design".

Nobody is interested in fair item:item trades, only if the trade partner overpays. Everybody wanna currency, just currency and nothing else. Almost nobody uses currency, almost everybody is hoarding any currency to convert it into exalts/whatever. As a result, we have a huge inflation because of astronomic amounts of hoarded orbs in game. Is that really how economy in PoE should work? I highly doubt that.

this
"
Heptonius wrote:
i've never had an eternal drop since I started playing, and I quess i even never will. Thank you GGG, I have almost one thousand hours and had like 6ex orbs drops..

Wow its almost like this change has zero effect on you!

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info