Eternal Orbs

I don't care much for standard, however I'd really rather see all current eternals get converted into 3 ex each...

The new T1 mod/Maraketh items will just get ex-eternal'd right away.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
wow. now even currency is legacy.

*facepalm*
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Both Eternals and Mirrors are problematic in my opinion. I think both should be removed if the game is going to become healthy. Either that or they could replace them with something less powerful or modify their effects.

For example, Mirrors could split the item into 2 mirrored copies destroying the original item in the process or they could make the original item unable to be Mirrored again and add a tag to it.

Eternals on the other hand are too difficult to balance properly because of how they function and what they're supposed to alleviate, so the decision to remove them was a good one.

Master crafting so far is a great alternative to mindless grinding and randomness if you want to augment an otherwise decent piece of gear you found and unlike Eternals, it doesn't allow hoarders, people who play way too much and those who over-synergize in groups or clans, to abuse the system and cause the unintended side-effects that Chris was talking about.

It's mostly top players who became too attached to the benefits who are acting out right now when the change is supposed to make the game healthier and better for everyone instead of catering just to them.

EDIT: A small note here, convert the existing Eternals to Exalted if you want to completely phase them out. If you're going to fix the game and remove those orbs, then you might as well go all the way and do it right, otherwise it's a half-finished job.
Last edited by Vegnarus on Jul 6, 2015, 9:38:29 AM
i guess ventor should be stoked. everyone else... not so much.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

dp
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
Last edited by WAWAMELONS on Jul 6, 2015, 9:39:04 AM
I haven't logged into PoE in ages but just read about this on jsp and had to comment. THANK YOU! As a player since early beta, Eternal Orbs have been my #1 complaint about the game since they were released. They were actually one of the reasons I quit. I couldn't stand how all you had to do was brute force your way into a perfect weapon. Yes, it took hundreds of exalts and eternals, but for Standard league that wasn't a huge deal. Being able to create the best items in the game by simply spamming orbs at them shouldn't be how a loot-based game like works.

There have been countless threads echoing my sentiments over the years and they've been described in much, much better detail than I have so I'll just end it here. Just know you did the right thing. This was a change that the game and economy has been needing for so long.

I'm going to redownload the game and actually buy a couple microtransactions when Act 4 rolls around because of this. Thanks.

"
robmafia wrote:

The OP says Maraketh items are now the highest tier so he should actually be pretty furious about this.

At the start it probably won't matter but once people start rolling better Maraketh items all the current mirror worthy items will be old news.
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
Last edited by WAWAMELONS on Jul 6, 2015, 9:38:48 AM
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:

"
robmafia wrote:

The OP says Maraketh items are now the highest tier so he should actually be pretty furious about this.

At the start it probably won't matter but once people start rolling better Maraketh items all the current mirror worthy items will be old news.

...ventor has tabs full of eternals.

and there's much more to gear than weapons.

to be fair, i might actually stick around and give 2.0 a shot, now. i was fed up about new tiers (and still am). and annoyed at the craptastic balancing/legacies... but now this might be interesting. a trainwreck, but interesting.
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by robmafia on Jul 6, 2015, 9:43:45 AM
"
NeverSink wrote:
I don't care much for standard, however I'd really rather see all current eternals get converted into 3 ex each...

The new T1 mod/Maraketh items will just get ex-eternal'd right away.

You're right, i think the same. People who already have stocked eternals will quickly craft new tier 1 items and mass produce them with mirrors. This change will do little if GGG will keep existing eternal orbs. And with the removal of eternal orb drops newcomers will probably never be able to get top tier 1 items. In my opinion all eternal orbs should be removed, BUT existing ones should be refunded.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Good start. In addition it will be good to add some penalty on mirror items
Great display of balls! GG GGG!
Ofc softcore will be move fucked up than ever but really I don't understand why anyone would ever want to play non-league anyways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info