The Awakening Trailer, Launch Date, Challenge Leagues and More!

8 days to the pain of playing with my super glorious pc master race >:
Spoiler
phenomx4 2.3mhz
2gb ram ddr2 800
win xp sp3
ati hd 4670 ddr3 512mb
coolermaster 600watts
lg 2053
asus m3n78-vm
my english sux.
Am I going to have to purchase anything to get the awakening? I know you do for the beta but I'm unsure about when its released.
"
xBlitZlp wrote:
Am I going to have to purchase anything to get the awakening? I know you do for the beta but I'm unsure about when its released.

You never have to purchase anything to play the released version of PoE.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Bradeh wrote:

That is the nature of these games. Things change, builds break. Start again, create new builds, find new friends.

Well, this time all CHARS break. I am not talking about builds. PoE appealed to me and my friends because it promised a standard league where you could keep all your stuff. Until now.

And, btw: I collected those friends over a 35 year lifespan. I'm not gonna farm my life for another 35 years just to find new friends to play PoE with.

tl;dr: You don't understand the problem.

I don't get the problem either. Nothing on the Live realm is going away. Some stuff is changing, but that's been happening for years.

I also have no idea what distinction you are drawing between Characters and Builds.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Nice stuff overall. Thanks for adding all these new toys for us.

Still... I don't like the new globe-graphics.
Name a typical animal/beast of poe.
--> lion!?!?
umm, yeah...

Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"
Upforsale wrote:
I agree on Warbands sound like more fun then tempest and as hardcore player I also whish it would be the other way round. Looking at past leagues it also feels like they kind of switched the general atempt, as hardcore was about crazy mobs and standard about anything that gives you more loot with some kind of added danger.

"
LMTR14 wrote:
not that the crippling problems of this game (no auction house, boring ass normal difficulty, solo players are at a massive disadvantage) were even touched.

Auction-house is one of the lot things that ruined D3, they are for MMO's , not arpgs. I'd welcome a "better" trading system, but it should always involve actual "real" trading, Poe.trade is very convenient already and full automation would be bad for the game. Auction-house makes the game a stock-market simulator, playing the trade game will always be more "worth it" then actually playing the game.

Normal difficulty is just fine, I know you are totally OP and nothing is hard enough for you, but game needs a
learning curve.

I WANT to play it as a trading game. at some point you're like lvl 90 and the game is basically over. what then? do another char? certainly not (especially since my lvl 87 witch is ruined now by the changes). I need trading as an end game play style or I'm not putting any more time into this

and NO, trade chat is HORRIBLE. nobody ever listens to anything I want to buy OR sell. hell I tried to give away uniques for fucking free and couldn't get anybody to take them cause trading the way is now takes an idiotic amount of EFFORT.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Jul 1, 2015, 5:14:44 PM
w8 what?????
There wont be league-trade for awakening on poe.trade ?
With Divination cards and all other changes, seems a good expansion. What I really wish that this expansion to archive, is that mid+ leagues, an healthy population to stick around and not start recognizing dudes names in chat, be able after a round to 85 to be enough to reroll another fun and different build.
Regarding Auction House, I would avoid it like plague. Automated trading will kill supporting community in building 3rd party tools, occasional interaction with other people and barterer that many people seems to like.
However, what 3rd party tools fails to deliver and a reason why the trade chat looks ugly, is the currency exchange. I think here GGG can offer some sort of help to people to exchange currency easier, to not scam yourself if the currency rates are changing while u were off 3-4 days.

I wish there should be a league with both warbands and tempest. Both seems fun, and not playing hardcore seems like i loose fun from half of the game. Ideally that league should host both softcore and hc players with party/trading disabled between them. I don't think that only hc players deserves the creative way to be killed :)
"
LMTR14 wrote:

I WANT to play it as a trading game. at some point you're like lvl 90 and the game is basically over. what then? do another char? certainly not (especially since my lvl 87 witch is ruined now by the changes). I need trading as an end game play style or I'm not putting any more time into this

and NO, trade chat is HORRIBLE. nobody ever listens to anything I want to buy OR sell. hell I tried to give away uniques for fucking free and couldn't get anybody to take them cause trading the way is now takes an idiotic amount of EFFORT.

If you want a trading game, go play hearthstone, or buy real trading cards, and trade them with friends.

This is an ARPG, with a bit of trading on the side.
You can trade cards in hearthstone? ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info