We're Adding More Divination Cards!

"
MegaDeth666 wrote:
"
AltairLT wrote:
All we need now is a book to store cards instead of them taking precious stash space.

That would conflict with GGG's desire for players to pay to win more stash tabs.

A Second inventory page exclusive for cards, currency, gems and other such fluff would be enough.

no ty, i play hc, why would i run arround with all my currency if it goes to a league i dont play on my death...
"
Barivius wrote:
The problem with making the drop rate the same and then just increasing the number required is that you are not going to have 40 wisdom scrolls in 3 cards and a non corrupted Headhunter at 100. Doing some rough conversions, you will need 25,000 cards to get a Headhunter. Big deal then if you farm up 6. It's just an illusion. You are almost better off having 0.

I'd be fine farming 100-1000+ of one div card to get the item if their droprate became as common as scrolls/scraps/whetstones. It would allow me to actually see my progression and feel less annoying as I get ever closer to my desired item.

"
LMTR14 wrote:
how did supporters write any of those... I don't think supporters got to decide more than what item(s) you get from the card.

AND btw, these items are the last straw that breaks the back of having no remote trading system. just IMAGINE the chat spamming now that there are like 50 more currencies at once!

We get to choose card name, card art theme, flavor text of the card and the reward. Depending on the reward you chose, there's also things you can modify for it. Item level (or none), 1-6 gem slots, 2-6 links, gem level (including 21+), gem quality (including 21+).

We, however, don't get to choose where they drop, their drop rarity or how many cards needed to get the reward.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Jun 30, 2015, 12:34:21 PM
Hi guys !

Before anything, I apologise because I did not go through the whole forum to see if that had already been said, I guess it's more about feedback also.

Well, here it is : Who had the idea that WHITE was a good colour for these ? "Oh, let's see if players have fun going past those mythically rare parts of Mjolner because they think it's an normal iron ring !"

No offense ment to that guy though, i know there's a big lot to do in very short time.
But honestly, if those could get a colour (maybe like currency), or something making them really noticeable (a bit like maps), that would be goooooood.

This game is great, but has its part of VERY frustrating things (Really need an exemple ? Seriously ? I'll give you some hints : it starts with "jew", "chro" or ends with "fusing", and there's always the word orb in it !). Please dont make this new hype part of the "frustration list" for such a small detail !
"
Skrylll wrote:
Hi guys !

Before anything, I apologise because I did not go through the whole forum to see if that had already been said, I guess it's more about feedback also.

Well, here it is : Who had the idea that WHITE was a good colour for these ? "Oh, let's see if players have fun going past those mythically rare parts of Mjolner because they think it's an normal iron ring !"

No offense ment to that guy though, i know there's a big lot to do in very short time.
But honestly, if those could get a colour (maybe like currency), or something making them really noticeable (a bit like maps), that would be goooooood.

This game is great, but has its part of VERY frustrating things (Really need an exemple ? Seriously ? I'll give you some hints : it starts with "jew", "chro" or ends with "fusing", and there's always the word orb in it !). Please dont make this new hype part of the "frustration list" for such a small detail !

Don't know how much you've bothered mucking about with the loot filter in beta, but it really should make any concerns you have about colors and visibility of these null. You can set the whole class, or specific card sets within the class, to pretty much any color/border/size combination you desire.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:
The problem with making the drop rate the same and then just increasing the number required is that you are not going to have 40 wisdom scrolls in 3 cards and a non corrupted Headhunter at 100. Doing some rough conversions, you will need 25,000 cards to get a Headhunter. Big deal then if you farm up 6. It's just an illusion. You are almost better off having 0.

I'd be fine farming 100-1000+ of one div card to get the item if their droprate became as common as scrolls/scraps/whetstones. It would allow me to actually see my progression and feel less annoying as I get ever closer to my desired item.

"
LMTR14 wrote:
how did supporters write any of those... I don't think supporters got to decide more than what item(s) you get from the card.

AND btw, these items are the last straw that breaks the back of having no remote trading system. just IMAGINE the chat spamming now that there are like 50 more currencies at once!

We get to choose card name, card art theme, flavor text of the card and the reward. Depending on the reward you chose, there's also things you can modify for it. Item level (or none), 1-6 gem slots, 2-6 links, gem level (including 21+), gem quality (including 21+).

We, however, don't get to choose where they drop, their drop rarity or how many cards needed to get the reward.

most of dem flavour texts sound suspiciously written by the same person, though.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Jun 30, 2015, 12:57:06 PM
Well, first, cards drops on maps. And, it seems, specific maps, too - mean, Warden, for example, drops in Dungeon (surprise, right?:)), or Lovers drops on cemetery and some other maps, too. And, if i read this right, that card about league specific item drops only on maps, crafted by Zana. So, all in all, while my gladiator looks really lone as it is.. it does not necessarily drive you run only specific non-map areas. Tho, it seems, that type of map finally matters not only for Boss and comfort, but for drops - too, which is good thing, as for me. (and do not forget about quantity bonus!)
Last edited by Cruger on Jun 30, 2015, 1:01:47 PM
Loving the flavor text for The Gambler divination card: "I don't believe in Karma. If it were real, I would never win."

Great nod to poker player Phil Hellmuth's famous quote: "If there weren't luck involved, I'd win every time."
"
Micasmit wrote:

Don't know how much you've bothered mucking about with the loot filter in beta, but it really should make any concerns you have about colors and visibility of these null. You can set the whole class, or specific card sets within the class, to pretty much any color/border/size combination you desire.

D'uh. I may be a dumbass then. Or this filter option is not made clear enough. Because I honestly didn't know it existed.
Well then, it's a good thing if it does. But still, does that mean all the items have to go back to white in the first place ? No, I don't think so. I still believe it would be good to have a difference made by GGG for the cards, and then allow players to do whatever they want with the filters (if that's how they work).

And for colors - i don't know, why for you they are white. For me they are light blue, and i do not use item filter for now. Probably playing on too much lightness, huh?
Last edited by Cruger on Jun 30, 2015, 1:04:31 PM
"
LMTR14 wrote:
most of dem flavour texts sound suspiciously written by the same person, though.

I can only speak to my own experience, but my flavor text changed by exactly 1 letter over the course of development. Others may have had more give and take with GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info