We're Adding More Divination Cards!

"
Skrylll wrote:
"
Micasmit wrote:

Don't know how much you've bothered mucking about with the loot filter in beta, but it really should make any concerns you have about colors and visibility of these null. You can set the whole class, or specific card sets within the class, to pretty much any color/border/size combination you desire.

D'uh. I may be a dumbass then. Or this filter option is not made clear enough. Because I honestly didn't know it existed.
Well then, it's a good thing if it does. But still, does that mean all the items have to go back to white in the first place ? No, I don't think so. I still believe it would be good to have a difference made by GGG for the cards, and then allow players to do whatever they want with the filters (if that's how they work).

The very first post on the Beta General Discussion page is called The Guide to Loot Filters.
Loot filters have been raved about since Beta was released.
I cannot understand how you could not have 'noticed' anything about Loot Filters.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Jul 1, 2015, 11:21:44 PM
A bit concerned about the small number of cards required to get some of these. For example, if you need to collect 3 cards to get 5 exalts, those cards are going to be more rare than exalts... I was lead to believe that divination cards were supposed to be a way to farm for specific things. If drops for them are more rare than an exalted orb, this seems to defeat the purpose of the cards in the first place.

Just my opinion, obviously not a dev so hopefully you guys know better than me. =) Anyways, hoping all goes well.
TLDR: Not looking as good for farming specific items/self found players as we thought.
"
Khaylee wrote:
The drop rate on like 90% of these cards need to be seriously re-evaluated.

They wont be cause they cant be. Shitty drop rates already bring so much more power to trading, GGG wont make div. cards to actually impact SF play.

Div. cards will be balanced around:

1.) the effectiveness of trading at redistributing wealth
2.) a minority of players who can stand bot-like gameplay of running the same zone for 12+ hours a day

...making them a completely useless addition for "casual" / non-trading / SF players.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Why nobody made a "Random perfect roll unique" card? That sucks
"
morbo wrote:
"
Khaylee wrote:
The drop rate on like 90% of these cards need to be seriously re-evaluated.

They wont be cause they cant be. Shitty drop rates already bring so much more power to trading, GGG wont make div. cards to actually impact SF play.

Div. cards will be balanced around:

1.) the effectiveness of trading at redistributing wealth
2.) a minority of players who can stand bot-like gameplay of running the same zone for 12+ hours a day

...making them a completely useless addition for "casual" / non-trading / SF players.

Its not bot-like gameplay, its actually botting. EZPZ to run a 4 man group of bots if you have a decent computer. Like alot of ppl already do in standard right now.
There seem to be a few missing if anyone wants to add them:

1. The Jeweller - Random White iLevel 100 Neck, Ring or Belt

2. The Crafter [or Armorer] - Random White iLevel 100 Helm, Chest, Gloves or Boots.

3. The Weapon Smith - Random White iLevel 100 weapon.

I am not rich enough to afford the packs for these.
These need to not actually drop. This is so much clutter it's going to be obscene. And I'm not talking about on the screen. I'm talking about in your stash and such. They just need to make a page specific for these in the UI. Where they all to go and are collected automatically on monster death.

Especially with how rare they are. I don't need to stare at a 1/3 card which will most likely be 1/3 for 4years. Just put it in the UI so I can check and look at it every once in awhile. Add and option for pulling it out of the UI if you want them to be sellable.

Please. I like this game because there isn't tons of pointless clutter. Everything that is added has a solid purpose. A fortune card with 1 in 2billion drop rate doesn't have a solid purpose for me.
"
Kingdestiny wrote:

Please. I like this game because there isn't tons of pointless clutter. Everything that is added has a solid purpose. A fortune card with 1 in 2billion drop rate doesn't have a solid purpose for me.

I totally agree with this. While I am all for the cards idea, I don't want to waste another tab of precious and costly stash space for a collection of cards that I will probably never get.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info