[2.0] Angryaa's SRS Minion Summoner.

Hi everyone,

first of all thanks for this nice guide, I really like the playstyle. I try to play it self-found but could use some advice on what to do next. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a few hints on how I could improve my char.

There are quite a few things I am not sure about. For example is the staff worth trying to 5L it or even go for a 6L. Which gems should I upgrade once they hit level 19 What should I aim for in the other gear etc..

So if somone has the time to guide me a bit I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by VigorDracul on Aug 19, 2015, 1:47:38 PM
Actually I have a question. I tried to look this up but I keep getting mixed results on it.

As far as minion resistances go, it was my understanding that zombies have a base of 25% for fore, cold, and lightning. you then get the node to give them +16% resist for a total of 41%. so if you give them minion elemental resistance (+40ish) and generosity-purity of elements (+55ish), wont that put them way above the 75% cap? or do zombies not have this cap?
Hey guys,

I am a bit confused with some things so hopefully so kind soul could help me out.

So to summon zombies/specters, we use the desecrate skill gem?

So I read you can summon evangelists at act 3 zones and then u can summon revenants at act 4 zones, do you just summon zombies from anywhere lol?

So what exactly is the use of flesh offering skill gem?
"
Hey guys,

I am a bit confused with some things so hopefully so kind soul could help me out.

So to summon zombies/specters, we use the desecrate skill gem?

So I read you can summon evangelists at act 3 zones and then u can summon revenants at act 4 zones, do you just summon zombies from anywhere lol?

So what exactly is the use of flesh offering skill gem?

So desecrate summon corpses of monsters that normally spawn in that map. In otherwords, you can only get evangelists from the act 3 zones that they normally spawn in (like scepter of God). the types of corpses summoned is random (some may be evangelists, some are other corpses). If you use the "summon spectre" on an evangelist corpse, you will get an evangelist spectre. If you use it on another corpse, you get a spectre of whatever corpse you used it on. If you go to the options section, you can choose to "allow corpse selection" which allows you to see which corpse you are targeting when you hover your mouse over it.

Zombies can be summoned using any corpses. it does not matter which ones or what zones.

Flesh offering is not a summon minion. It is a temporary speed buff that affects your minions. However, casting the spell cause nearby corpses to explode (the more corpses, the greater the duration of the buff). If there are no corpses, you cannot cast this spell. A common combo is the cast desecration first in the area of the enemy (this will damage enemies and will tell your zombies to attack in that direction), then to cast flesh offering to grant the speed buff to your minions.
"
Eldyrus wrote:
"

Flesh offering is not a summon minion. It is a temporary speed buff that affects your minions. However, casting the spell cause nearby corpses to explode (the more corpses, the greater the duration of the buff). If there are no corpses, you cannot cast this spell. A common combo is the cast desecration first in the area of the enemy (this will damage enemies and will tell your zombies to attack in that direction), then to cast flesh offering to grant the speed buff to your minions.

First off cheers for the explanation mate, much appreciated. Just about what you said, you make corpses with desecrate and then you use flesh offering to grant buffs to your minions. Is the buff really important, meaning I should do this combo all the time whenever I see monsters? Or do I use something called convocation to summon my minions to me and then they proceed to fight monsters be sufficient enough?
"
First off cheers for the explanation mate, much appreciated. Just about what you said, you make corpses with desecrate and then you use flesh offering to grant buffs to your minions. Is the buff really important, meaning I should do this combo all the time whenever I see monsters? Or do I use something called convocation to summon my minions to me and then they proceed to fight monsters be sufficient enough?

Flesh offering is not "that" important. But, it really helps with clearing speed. It also does help out with survivability of the zombies. The quicker they can clear the mobs, the less likely they are going to die to them. Having the extra speed tends to work especially well if you are using summon raging spirits since it affects them also. Keep in mind that you can always set it up to have a totem summmoning SRS while you do the flesh offering.

Convocation is a little different. it is more of a defensive move. it summons minions to you and helps heal them. It is useful in situations where the enemy lays down alot of AOE damage. you can summon them back so your zombies dont "stand in fire taking damage" and it also heals them. The biggest weakness of a summoner is when the enemy casts a powerful aoe and destroys all the minions quickly.

Also, I would go to options and enable showing minion health bars above the minions. For the most part you can just ignore the health bars. However, in situations where you see all the health bars start taking alot of damage, then thats a good time to use convocation and fall back and regroup.
For what kind of stats should I look for my staff (besides the 3+ gems)? Mybe faster casting & flat mana?
On a staff after +2/+3 you should look for a high cast speed roll >11, but you can also easily master craft 9-11%. Beside that I look for plain stats int/str.
The rest has all no effect, as we can't benefit from attack modifiers or mana stuff (nearly all the mana is reserved.)
Been leveling using your guide. Any chance you can re-post the skill trees? Apparently today poedb shut down so now the links won't open.

Thanks sir,
Great work
"
Been leveling using your guide. Any chance you can re-post the skill trees? Apparently today poedb shut down so now the links won't open.

You can open those links in the offline skilltree (google "poe offline skilltree"), they still work there.

Also, for many builds you can just paste the gibberish from the poedb URL into the GGG skill tree, though this does not work for the trees from this build (says they're outdated). Still work with the offline version though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info