Divination cards could be so much more than a grinding option GGG!

"
niratschi wrote:
"
RestInPieces wrote:
"
Rorshax wrote:
A friend told me about POE at a MTG card game night. I havent been back to play magic in a year.

A cool online card game ... Spectromancer! Maybe POE and Spectromancer could collaborate.

Not familiar with that one.

A simple interface, the place where the cards will be thrown, is all that is needed. And of course giving each card certain qualities in order to make a simple yet fun mini-game, like triple triad, magic the gathering or even like poker.

I cant get my head around your thoughs about poker, magic the gathering, or other cardgames. Do you really think you can just throw a number of "qualities", effects and numbers on cards and make a decent enjoyable card game? And do you rly think, that GGG, the masters of complex game mechanisms, are satisfied with providing a "decent" card game?

Easily. To be honest, I am not familiar with many card games, but the ones I am familiar with (hearthstone, triple triad, a little MTG) are extremely simple (well not MTG) yet quite fun. GGG could make it as complex as they want. But it is possible to create a very enjoyable, addictive side card game with simple rules.

They added triple triad, which is the simplest card game I know, to the new online Final Fantasy and it worked perfectly.

And there can be motives. People will be able to challenge NPCs for rewards, but most importantly they will be able to challenge each other bidding currency or divination cards. And of course they will still be able to exchange divination cards for items at Tasuni in act 4.
Last edited by RestInPieces on Jul 30, 2015, 12:54:16 PM
The divination cards are simply a bullshit scam from GGG to buy more stash tabs- Example:

1/8 card for chaos orb... Really?????????
"
The divination cards are simply a bullshit scam from GGG to buy more stash tabs- Example:

Makes zero sense.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

Makes zero sense.

Another example- 1/3 card for 40 scrolls of wisdom..

Ur brain started to work already or u need more examples for useless cards made up to fill ur stash tabs..
"

Truth is you need at least a half a tab for them, but were they more meaningful I wouldn't mind at all. Atm all they do is devalue certain uniques which should not be devalued and messing with the economy. I don't think it really offers anything to the players.
"
RestInPieces wrote:
"

Truth is you need at least a half a tab for them, but were they more meaningful I wouldn't mind at all. Atm all they do is devalue certain uniques which should not be devalued and messing with the economy. I don't think it really offers anything to the players.

I rather farm for an item i want via the card system then spend hours on tradechat to sell and buy currency so that i can buy my desired item. Fox example im lvl-ing a char to 60 so i can farm the six-linked chestpiece. Already found one card with my ~80 char, so i guess wenn im in a good range, drops will be frequenter.
"

Another example- 1/3 card for 40 scrolls of wisdom..

Ur brain started to work already or u need more examples for useless cards made up to fill ur stash tabs..

Still makes zero sense.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Guppie wrote:
"
RestInPieces wrote:
"

I rather farm for an item i want via the card system then spend hours on tradechat to sell and buy currency so that i can buy my desired item. Fox example im lvl-ing a char to 60 so i can farm the six-linked chestpiece. Already found one card with my ~80 char, so i guess wenn im in a good range, drops will be frequenter.

Me too, but still you can't exactly grind for most items. You do your map pool and that's it. Because you still need to waste time on the trade chat if you want to actually farm for something. For example buying 20 channel maps for tabula rasa.
yeah divination cards = full on disappointment.

jewels are even worse. I couldn't imagine putting one in my build in a million years! jewel slots should be FREE once you reach the node adjacent to them
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Aug 1, 2015, 10:58:55 AM
It was obvious div cards weren't going to be much more than that. But nooo... before they came out everyone was excited for some strange reason, instead of asking GGG to find a way to add a little more depth to them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info