Divination cards could be so much more than a grinding option GGG!

When I first heard about divination cards, one thing came to mind. A collectible magic the gathering-like card game. Much to my disappointment, that was not the case.

Many titles have in-game card mini-games. Triple triad in FFVIII (best example of a very simple but fun card game), Caravan in Fallout, Gwent in Witcher 3. Players could be able to challenge NPCs for rewards or challenge each other and bid orbs or cards.

Just keep existing divination cards as they are, give them statistics and create a simple interface for the game.

Everyone loves collectibles. And a small break from the monotonous grinding is much needed.
Last edited by RestInPieces on Jun 26, 2015, 4:14:17 PM
This is not the [insert online card game here] you are looking for.

No more. I already play too much Gwent.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
No more. I already play too much Gwent.

no
IF you want to play a card game, play a card game. No point in lasting precious resources (much needed elsewhere) on pointless AAA open-world minigames that have no relevance to the core gameplay.
Last edited by Ire_of_Desire on Jun 25, 2015, 8:42:39 AM
If I was looking to play a card game I wouldn't be posting here, would I?
Thing is, I love this game, but it's very repeatable. Something to break its monotony would improve it massively.

And resource-wise is is an easy thing to implement.
Last edited by RestInPieces on Jun 25, 2015, 8:54:28 AM
"
RestInPieces wrote:
Thing is, I love this game, but it's very repeatable. Something to break its monotony would improve it massively.

No not really. Giving stats to 100 or so cards and creating the rule set and balancing it all. Plus all the UI and coding work, there is a lot of stuff to do. Would be a giant waste of time.
would be nice if ggg had implemented hidden recipes for certain items behind a mixture of different cards.
but then tazumi only has one card slot for returning cards...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
RestInPieces wrote:

if its so easy to implement then why dont you create it, send it to GGG and let them put it into the game?

Besides, its not the game that is monotone, its your game collection. If you only play POE youre doing it wrong, go download one of the many online TCGs and play those.
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
"
RestInPieces wrote:

if its so easy to implement then why dont you create it, send it to GGG and let them put it into the game?

Besides, its not the game that is monotone, its your game collection. If you only play POE youre doing it wrong, go download one of the many online TCGs and play those.

I didn't say my life was monotonous my friend. I said the game itself is monotonous. I need to take regular breaks from the game for that reason to do something else. If there was something to break the grinding monotony like a mini-game, even if I do love the game currently, I would enjoy it much more and it would bore me much less.

"Create it yourself then" isn't a very mature answer, is it? You only need to create an interface and draw some artwork. Programming-wise it is one of the least difficult things one can do for this game.

"
Telzen wrote:
Would be a giant waste of time.

Heh, people were saying the same thing for a hideout suggestion 2 years ago.

Last edited by RestInPieces on Jun 25, 2015, 11:33:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info