State of the Beta - Post #8

There is no way this is still on target for a July 10th release... They have been at 400+ issues for the last month and a half. Let alone, they still haven't released the new content yet. That should spike the issues by another 200-300 in a single week alone. Also, the leech changes are going to need some significant tweaking to make it feel good again.

My guess is that the Beta will be fully operational by late August or early September. Release in 2.5 weeks would be a complete disaster based on all the bugs still in the game.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
The highest tiers of maps (level 80 to 82) will still be challenging to reach and maintain.

So, gate people from challenging content and have them grind lower content to hope for RNG to allow them a glimpse at the challenging higher content and call it... challenging.

I don't want to have to point out the obvious here..

"
Leech Changes

Seriously, just scrap everything you have done with leech in beta.

"
We also doing a rework of map mods. Once done it will be patched in. We will make a manifesto post once the details are close to finalised.

Remove hordes.
Remove champs.
Remove commanders.
Population density scales directly off of map quantity which scales directly off of the difficulty and number of affixes.

?

Finally? Not doing this at this stage will show there is no real intention to fix the map system. It's long overdue.

good idea with the density changes you propose!
"
Repeats wrote:
There is no way this is still on target for a July 10th release... They have been at 400+ issues for the last month and a half. Let alone, they still haven't released the new content yet. That should spike the issues by another 200-300 in a single week alone. Also, the leech changes are going to need some significant tweaking to make it feel good again.

My guess is that the Beta will be fully operational by late August or early September. Release in 2.5 weeks would be a complete disaster based on all the bugs still in the game.

Wow, could you be more of a pessimist? Jesus....

Your "guess" is at best, highly speculative and more likely - totally uninformed and stupid. GGG has never missed their mark by more than a few days since I started playing 1.5 yrs ago, and you are suggesting that they will miss it by ~6 weeks!! Who can really say how these "issue counts" relate to anything concrete.
"
Repeats wrote:

Please stop.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
You guys know you're screwing up when every State of the Beta post is damage control promising you're not going to fuck us over even further.

I sincerely doubt this is ready for deploy on July 10.
The highest tiers of maps (level 80 to 82) will still be challenging to reach and maintain.

What a BS.
i load a 78 courtyard map and lay dead on the floor from loading map so long, u should fix your loadtimes and graphis requirements. its horrible
(i got a good computer)
"
maxlmantis wrote:
i load a 78 courtyard map and lay dead on the floor from loading map so long, u should fix your loadtimes and graphis requirements. its horrible
(i got a good computer)

Learn to play,stop crying,leave the game,HYPE!!!
(you get the joke right?)
"
Owwlll wrote:

Of course like everyone else who wants to cry over the way this game is evolving, you are welcome to find something else to play (especially since it doesn't look like you've actually dropped any coin yet). Perhaps find a game that is older and more outdated so you wont have to deal with changes or new updates.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you there...

First of all, u attacked a person who, as u said, has only 1 lvl 100 character....
Yeah, like that's a small achievement:)
Also, he did that SOLO and SELF_FOUND as he, himself, said.
I apologize for the use of caps, but that in my book, is a great feat...

Secondly, and that is the main reason I decided to post, is what u said about "money spent on this game"...(although u were wrong about that too, cause titles can be disabled)
What.. does this... have anything! to do with having an opinion about this game, or expressing that opinion/offering feedback?(in a civilized manner ofc)
I've seen many times people posting the same thing like u did and I find it..... rude... to say the least.
You are demeaning the other person's opinion/post judging by the number of titles he has below his name...

Although that person has replied for himself and doesnt need a lawyer or anything I just felt the need to say something, mainly beacuse of what I said in the second part of my post..

Lastly, if u disagree with someone, offer a counterargument, "attack" his opinion/post, not the person himself (go play something else etc)
"Too Wierd To Live... Too Rare To Die...."
Personal Motto

Finally made it to lvl 100... Only took me 3 years...:) :(
Nice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info