Three-day Exiles Everywhere (Hardcore)

Edit: nevermind I got put in the beta even though I died!!! Sorry I got trolled into posting reactionary bullsh*t.
Last edited by Tokenx on Jun 23, 2015, 11:02:17 PM
honestly that really sucks. seriously you have to take responsibilites for your mistakes and give beta to the top 200 people.
my friend and I died 1 HOUR before the end of the race because it clearly said TOP 200 BY EXPERIENCE which clearly means dead bodies COUNT. So we just trolled around, I died by runing around an exile and then he died on his way to atziri by insanely rushing vaal zones, trying to kill atziri before havoc.

Seriously that's just plain stupid, are you telling your players to play 1 day and then to stay afk for the rest of the race? So basically you want players not to play your game?

Yeah I'm f-ing mad, I spent my whole weekend playing the race and as fun as it was the beta access was a huge motivation boost.

How stupid is it to give beta to someone that didn't even get to merciless instead of people that were doing maps and pushing it further instead of quitting to ensure their key?
Do you want a game with no players or what is your plan exactly? Do you imagine a race in which the whole top 200 stays afk to ensure their reward?

So basically you're telling me that if we wanted to play the race while having a beta key we should have made 2 chars, 1 just for the sake of being top 200 and 1 for actually having fun/playing? Since apparently we are supposed to stop playing as soon as we are top 200.
"
Booed wrote:
honestly that really sucks. seriously you have to take responsibilites for your mistakes and give beta to the top 200 people.

I'm not entirely sure why you think they made a mistake?

The very first sentence of Chris' post states that the standard race rules apply with a link. The link clearly states:

In hardcore leagues, a single death can disqualify your character from prizes based on ladder placement.

You played in Hardcore. You died. Why should you get one of the Hardcore prizes when you took the risk that comes with playing in Hardcore, at your own free will. If you wanted to be ensured a prize for your hard work you should've played in Standard.

You can't blame GGG for your own mistakes.
Last edited by LadyZeyra on Jun 23, 2015, 12:34:06 PM
did you read my post?

I died because I didn't care, yeah it links to the GLOBAL racing rules, but when a SPECIFIC race has a DIFFERENT rule, the specific one obviously applies over the global one.
top 200 by experience is pretty clear to me, and obviously to anyone that can actually read and understand english given how many people from the top 200 expected a beta key.

P.S "can" " based on ladder placement."

BASED ON LADDER PLACEMENT

Last edited by Booed on Jun 23, 2015, 12:36:45 PM
The funny(?) thing is, i was thinking about ceremoniously sacrificing myself to a screenful of Exiles at the very end of the race. Since it's void and dead characters counted, why not? Never got the chance, as i died with 1h40 to go, pushing super hard for fun...

(Was playing with an alt account - Novan, as this one has maxed characters.)
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
Booed wrote:
yeah it links to the GLOBAL racing rules, but when a SPECIFIC race has a DIFFERENT rule, the specific one obviously applies over the global one.

"
Chris wrote:
Standard rules for league events apply.

First words of the post. How were you under the impression that obviously the standard rules wouldn't apply when it's the very first thing in the post?
"
LadyZeyra wrote:
First words of the post. How were you under the impression that obviously the standard rules wouldn't apply when it's the very first thing in the post?

You should read page 8.
"
Tom_GGG wrote:
Thank you for relaying this information to the community. I would like to apologise for a slight issue here in our wording. As stated by Chris, Beta Access will be granted to the top 200 accounts that do not already have Beta access.

Please note that this will not be a Beta Key, but that the associated accounts will be able to download the beta by visiting this page.

I hope this helps to clarify!

Spoiler

I'm not really upset because I didn't read the rules very clearly myself. When I died I assumed I was not getting a beta key. I died a day and a half before the race was over, but it looks like I still finished in the top 200 characters alive and dead.

I wanted to report that visiting the link you provided just tells me I am signed up. I am not able to download the beta.

Just a side note though, the tone of this thread seems like you guys are alienating some of your most devoted fans with something as silly as a typo. If all of the top 200 people were dead and did not have beta access that would result in 400 beta invites? Seeing as how beta keys are essentially free for you to create it would seem the smart play to maybe give out a few more than you had originally intended and keep your most loyal fans... loyal. Then again maybe the beta servers are overloaded and it would cause an issue.

Just my two cents. Keep up the good work GGG!
"
Booed wrote:
my friend and I died 1 HOUR before the end of the race because it clearly said TOP 200 BY EXPERIENCE which clearly means dead bodies COUNT. So we just trolled around, I died by runing around an exile and then he died on his way to atziri by insanely rushing vaal zones, trying to kill atziri before havoc.

Seriously that's just plain stupid, are you telling your players to play 1 day and then to stay afk for the rest of the race? So basically you want players not to play your game?

Yeah I'm f-ing mad, I spent my whole weekend playing the race and as fun as it was the beta access was a huge motivation boost.

How stupid is it to give beta to someone that didn't even get to merciless instead of people that were doing maps and pushing it further instead of quitting to ensure their key?
Do you want a game with no players or what is your plan exactly? Do you imagine a race in which the whole top 200 stays afk to ensure their reward?

So basically you're telling me that if we wanted to play the race while having a beta key we should have made 2 chars, 1 just for the sake of being top 200 and 1 for actually having fun/playing? Since apparently we are supposed to stop playing as soon as we are top 200.

+1

GGG should not only reward, but apologise to the top 200
everybody make mistakes, but giving those now "extra" betas would not cost them anything
yeah like seriously, there's probably like 50 dead players in the top 200 that don't have a beta key yet, and a fair part (if not the most) of them are actually dead because they didn't care about dying in a void league, when the first line of the race page basically said "TOP 200 GET A BETA KEY".
what does it cost to ggg to reward players that kept the league alive? do you want a league with everybody being level 50 because they can't risk dying once they reached top 200? nvm I'm forgetting the "elite" players that already have access to the beta, these one can have fun since they don't risk anything dying, while the rest of the top 200 that also want an invite simply can't.

why would you reward someone that played 6 hours into the league then quit because he got bored/didn't like it, not even hoping to make it into the beta (looking at the level ~50 people that got a key) over guys that played hours and hours, making the race actually alive and who continued playing despite a guaranteed spot in the top 200.. that's just silly, i'm so sad/disappoint right now I can't even describe it. People with 30 less levels than me got an invite and I didn't, simply because of an extremly bad wording..
Last edited by Booed on Jun 23, 2015, 3:06:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info