Three-day Exiles Everywhere (Hardcore)

"
Tokenx wrote:
"
mayjames wrote:
Apparently they've "fixed" the dead characters not getting beta or at least i got it just now lol.

Yeah I also just got access even though I died. Either they read my salt post and had pity on me, the people who said they got it alive at #500 were trolling, or they just sent out the emails really late. Either way sorry for my salt post.

Did you get a key, or simply access? If you got a key you would've just gotten lucky from the random draw. I emailed them, and they specifically said:

"Hi Victisaadi,

Thank you for contacting support regarding this issue. Unfortunately we can confirm that only the top alive characters in the Hardcore league are eligible for the beta access.

I hope this information helps! Please feel free to contact us back with any questions or issues that you may have in the future.

Best regards, "

And I haven't gotten beta access yet, so I'd presume you got lucky rather than GGG taking pity.
"
Victisaadi wrote:

Did you get a key, or simply access?

snip

They gave me access and specifically said it was for the race:

"
email wrote:
Hi Tokenx,

Due to your success in a recent Path of Exile League, we'd like to invite you to the Closed Beta of Path of Exile: The Awakening! To find out more about this major expansion, check out: https://www.pathofexile.com/theawakening

[and then information about CB]
I just got access as well, thanks for making this right ggg! I hope we didn't sound too whiny :)
"
Tokenx wrote:
"
Victisaadi wrote:

snip

"
email wrote:
Hi Tokenx,

Due to your success in a recent Path of Exile League, we'd like to invite you to the Closed Beta of Path of Exile: The Awakening! To find out more about this major expansion, check out: https://www.pathofexile.com/theawakening

What number did you get? And you're sure you had no living characters?
I'm starting to think that GGG had miscommunication amongst themselves which would explain a lot...
"
Victisaadi wrote:
"
Tokenx wrote:
"
Victisaadi wrote:

snip

"
email wrote:
Hi Tokenx,

What number did you get? And you're sure you had no living characters?
I'm starting to think that GGG had miscommunication amongst themselves which would explain a lot...

Same here rank #40 dead, and it says it was the race.
"Hey Victisaadi,

We apologize for the confusion here! This issue was escalated to the relevant team members and it has been deemed that dead characters that are in the top 200 ranking for the Exiles Everywhere HC race would gain Closed Beta access.

We apologize for the mix up here. Hopefully this helps, however if you have any other questions or queries here you are welcome to let us know.

Regards, "

I guess this means that rank 200 and up are getting Beta, though people who otherwise would have gotten it (e.g rank 201, 202, 203) will still remain without it. Unfortunate, but at least GGG did something about the situation, and acknowledged the problem.

I'm pretty unhappy that I didn't play lazy enough to get rewarded, nor well enough to be top 200 and compensated, but oh well I guess.
YEah, I died and ended rank 280th I think which was too low to get an access.

But I got the answer I wanted! :D

Thanks again, and sry for being a spoiled bitc-!
I got the access too. I was lv60 when i died. Thanks GGG!
Yup, TY GGG for making this right.
Thanks for the beta invite! I was a little sad that my dead character didn't count, but then I figured I just shouldn't have died and hardcore is hardcore after all.

It was a very nice surprise to get the beta invite two days later as it came totally unexpected.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info