[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

The [3.0] Scion Tentative Passive Tree tree is currently missing a few nodes. There are two not connected pieces. Do I just directly connect them with the dex nodes?
"
ZibertUA wrote:
Hi all, i have a question about projectile damage nodes. they still boost cloud damage? so drillneck and all proj passives still work? Just read on some thread some1 sad proj nodes dont boost DOT damages. In terms of damage only Dirty Technic affected this build?

"Damage over Time is now never considered Projectile Damage, and so is not naturally affected by modifiers to Projectile Damage. Some skills, such as Caustic Arrow, will gain a modifier which will allow modifiers to Projectile Damage to apply to that skill's inherent Damage over Time effect. Like the above modifier, this will not affect any other Damage over Time the skill might cause." - Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2(Emphasis added)

Projectile Damage still effects the cloud damage of Caustic Arrow, the DoT is still delivered as a payload by a projectile, and still gains bonuses from all the same modifiers effecting the skill in 2.6.x. In 3.0 Dirty Techniques has been changed and no longer boosts the damage of this skill. All other passives the build took still function the same as they do on live. Serleth has posted a tentative 3.0 tree in the original post if you want to see where the build currently stands for the beta.

"
TheOne320 wrote:
The [3.0] Scion Tentative Passive Tree tree is currently missing a few nodes. There are two not connected pieces. Do I just directly connect them with the dex nodes?

While you are leveling and before you have your final Ascendancy Passive points those dex notes are allocated. After your 7th and 8th Ascendancy points are allocated (into Path of the Ranger) you respec those dex nodes (because you can now use the Ranger's starting location) and use them to pick up passives your build might still be missing (life, Damage, Jewel, etc.).

Note - Uber Lab is not currently available in the Beta, so those nodes will need to stay connected for beta testing until Uber becomes accessible.
ChronoExile thanks for explaining to me. So its still gonna be solid MF build? feels and run mapse same as pre 3.0? Scion Ascendant is still the best choice in terms of DMG/HP ?
Forgive me if the answer for this has already been discussed. But I just saw the new support gems, and it seems a lot of them are poison focused. Would any of the new support gems be a good addition or replacement to the current existing gem combinations for this build?

Also. I saw the leveling guide, it didnt seem to mention at what point you switch to using caustic arrow, it seemed like it was talking about using other skills all the way passed 38.

"
ZibertUA wrote:
ChronoExile thanks for explaining to me. So its still gonna be solid MF build? feels and run mapse same as pre 3.0? Scion Ascendant is still the best choice in terms of DMG/HP ?

This is still preliminary information, Beta being a Beta and all, but... Yes, this build should still be a solid choice for a life based magic find character. Yes, it should feel and run (progression, maps, and supports) the same as it does in 2.6.x. As far as I am aware Scion is still a solid choice for striking a balance between MF, damage and survive-ability. Not much was changed with the Ascendant Class, except more free passives. More will be known as patch notes and beta changes are closer to finalization.

"
sdwinder wrote:
Forgive me if the answer for this has already been discussed. But I just saw the new support gems, and it seems a lot of them are poison focused. Would any of the new support gems be a good addition or replacement to the current existing gem combinations for this build?

Also. I saw the leveling guide, it didnt seem to mention at what point you switch to using caustic arrow, it seemed like it was talking about using other skills all the way passed 38.

Re:New Support Gems, Serleth just posted quick answers to the relevant supports in question a few posts above this question. Direct Link

For leveling most users switch once three of the damage wheels are allocated. However, leveling is all personal preference. You could chose to level as bows and switch into CA earlier, use a powerful leveling skill and switch once you have a +2 or +3 bow, or you could even level as CA and take a slow, slow jaunt through Wraeclast.
Last edited by ChronoExile on Jun 17, 2017, 10:00:28 AM
Thanks chrono,

I did have one other question, I am wondering how blood rage is being maintained? I do not see any leeching or any major regen to offset it, are we just relying on killing quickly to keep flasks up?
"
sdwinder wrote:
...I am wondering how blood rage is being maintained?

In Legacy League I have the following regeneration:

1.0% - Master of the Arena (Near Duelist start)
1.6% - Golem's Blood (South of Duelist)
1.0% - Heart of Oak (Near Ranger Start)
1.0% - Growth and Decay (North/East of Shadow)
0.4% - First node in the Growth and Decay wheel

This provides a total of 5% which lets me regenerate though the 4% effect of blood rage. In addition to the above there is life Gain on kill from Blood Syphon (Shadow Start), and Life Gain on Kill as Bow Suffixes(if you do not need the resists).
Just my usual Thanks to Chrono for stepping in to answer questions.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Thanks again chrono!
Nice Build!

One thing, how about going to dirty technique from the left frenzy charge instead from the left nodes, you would get more Frenzy time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info