[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Razley23 wrote:
What Nodes should I take first while leveling ? I wouldnt like to be useless till level 90 :(

The build starts to pick up at level 36 if you decide to go with Silverbough.

Until then, I recommend leveling with something else like Firestorm or Flameblast and temporarily picking up the spell damage nodes above Scion start and using the quest respec points to get out of them.

I honestly don't find CA to be very good until a +2 bow and at least three CA-related damage nodes (Fury Bolts, Dirty Techniques, Entropy). Point-wise, this is roughly 61 points (getting relevant life nodes as well), or ~level 48ish.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Well Im currently level 38
And to be honest i hardly do anything with content :( i have a +3 Bow, but clearing is a nightmare :( Dont know what do do now :c
My profile is open so if you could check it i'd be greatfull :(
P.S Those rings are going to be switched but need some cash

And i do wonder if I could pull out more with Pierce Support And Multiple Projectiles instead of Void Manipulation and Rapid Decay for ex.
Last edited by Razley23 on Jun 3, 2017, 11:25:49 AM
"
And i do wonder if I could pull out more with Pierce Support And Multiple Projectiles instead of Void Manipulation and Rapid Decay for ex.

Nope. VM/RD are the way to go.

What you could do for now (given no Empower) is recolour the bow to use Slower Proj, or if you don't feel like the expenditure use Less Duration (will mean you have to spam a lot more, but it does provide a bit of a damage boost).

Regardless, I'd swap IIR out for AoE while you're leveling.

The fastest route to more damage is to head up directly through Ranger via Heart of Oak and Ballistic Mastery straight to Method to the Madness, then into Shadow and grab Entropy. You can complete the circle around past Acrobatics and then respec up into Growth and Decay (out of Method to the Madness) later on.

CA's all about gem levels, so honestly if you're going to stick with it all you can really do is grind it out.

That said, a big problem for you likely is survivability. Goldrim is good, but you should really be looking for just rare gear with life and resistances otherwise. You're probably VERY squishy because of all the uniques with no life rolls.

Like I said, the build doesn't really start to improve noticeably until three damage clusters. Until then, it's better to level with something else.

If you are going to do that:

Given that you have tabula I'd honestly just spend some time leveling an EK gem or something. It'll take advantage of the projectile damage nodes.

Use an alternate character if you need to in order to speed level it to 40 (gem level 12) and then link it up with something like Added Fire - Faster Proj - Added Chaos - Echo - Controlled Destruction. If you wanted to use it as supplemental damage to CA, you could drop Echo for Spell Totem. And you could swap in Slower Proj for bosses.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 3, 2017, 12:55:13 PM
uhm well ... i got 45 put the empower and everything melts down so quickly <3 It's all right now everything :D But I'll still go for early Method of madnes :p Thanx a lot <3
I just wanted to ask, what Map tiers this build is able to pull out ? Is it capable of doing shaper and guardians ? If not, How am I suposed to stay in level range of runable maps without loot penalty at higher levels ?
The penalty applies if you are farming zones greater than two levels below you, but your character is never considered to be higher than level 68 (so the penalty will only apply at zone 65 or lower).

Therefore, you don't need to worry about map tiers and the drop penalty. You could be level 100 farming level 66 zones and still get 100% drop rate.

As for the build's capability, I find it has no issues up to T12, and starts to struggle with a few bosses at T13 (most notably, Sulphur Wastes), but depending on your skill level as a player you can do up to T14 and certain T15 bosses (namely, Abyss and Shaped T15s). Colo's almost impossible with this build unless you're skilled and/or doing a blue map, Overgrown Ruin is basically a nightmare and Dark Forest I've never been able to do although that's probably more for lack of trying.

It will not do Shaper, Guardians, or Uber Atziri.
For those wanting to run this in the Beta, 3.0 trees are up.

As usual, they require something like the Offline Planner in order to function.

EDIT:

I guess I should've noted there's actually a pretty important change to the 3.0 tree for this build. Dirty Techniques no longer provides DoT, but is now poison/bleed-specific. This means in order to maintain similar damage output we've had to make an adjustment.

It doesn't impact Shadow Tricksters as much but it's worth noting you will lose 2% life and gain a bit of damage, but most notably you will still retain access to extra life nodes as you level past 114 points.

The much bigger difference comes in the Scion tree, where we basically have to full on pull out of the Scion life wheel in order to reach Atrophy. This means there's barely any flexibility for gaining additional life and the extra two points gained from the Ascendant change basically go into cover off the extra travel.

However, this means you are more than likely going to want to prioritize life rolls on your jewels rather than damage on the basis of inaccessibility to additional life, should you feel you need it.

If you haven't felt that way, then GG, the tree forced us to get more dps at the cost of flexibility. Not ideal for the intentions of the build, however.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 8, 2017, 2:36:53 AM
Test Scion (93)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAHRAx4FLQW1CdkM8g5ID6sRLxNtFAkVIBa_GbQajR3CH0Ej9iSLJJ0miCaVKwos6S2DLlMwcTB8MTU1kjY9N9Q6Qj7PQzFHBkrIS3hNklFHWhpaUlsmXEBd8mHiYlpirGVNaoxsCGyMbqpvO3TtdZ51y3aCeA17bnvDfXV_-4TFhrOHB4fLjX2Nfo2_j_qXIZtdm7WdqqEiokCi2aOKpcumr6ebqJqv67DYtMW00bVItfK3MLe2u-O9Nr3mvqfAGsF8wuzDM8M6xKLIDMgUykbLvc8V0NDTb9N-1CPYvdrB2-fdqOKt5oHqYutj7T_uDu968Yryl_T49W_2o_66
Last edited by Phillip_pirrup on Jun 8, 2017, 7:19:21 AM
Ok?
Hi,

I am considering this build (Scion DeadEye/Occ version) for 3.0. I have been entertaining an idea of building a poison/chaos ranger build but i think your version has much more to offer.

Just wanted to ask if it would still be viable. Thanks in advance!
"
dawg87 wrote:
Hi,

I am considering this build (Scion DeadEye/Occ version) for 3.0. I have been entertaining an idea of building a poison/chaos ranger build but i think your version has much more to offer.

Just wanted to ask if it would still be viable. Thanks in advance!

At a first pass, this skill doesn't have any obvious nerfs from the DoT manifesto, and the existing supports do not appear to have been changed either. But at least Conc is factored into the tooltip.

Without official patch notes I cannot say for sure what the state of the build will look like in 3.0.

However, in the current Beta with a 4L +1/+1 bow the skill still feels pretty smooth. Only level 60 at the moment, but the play and power feels mostly the same for the level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info