[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
nikidino8 wrote:
... One thing, how about going to dirty technique from the left frenzy charge instead from the left nodes, you would get more Frenzy time.

In the current 2.6.x version of the game this could be taken if you want more charge up-time. Admittedly I've not had many issues with up-time on charges between the Blood Rage and CoH set up, but the tree can be very flexible. If you want more charge duration, feel free to path that way.

Two things to note... One. By taking the path through the charge duration you would be one travel node away from the start of the evasion/evasion/jewel wheel on the outside of the tree. Two. This might no longer be an issue in 3.0. In the Beta, the Dirty Technique wheel no longer provides bonus to general Damage over Time. If this stays true through launch the Dirty Techniques wheel will no longer be part of the build.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
Two things to note... One. By taking the path through the charge duration you would be one travel node away from the start of the evasion/evasion/jewel wheel on the outside of the tree. Two. This might no longer be an issue in 3.0. In the Beta, the Dirty Technique wheel no longer provides bonus to general Damage over Time. If this stays true through launch the Dirty Techniques wheel will no longer be part of the build.

Yeah thank you for your reply, but now I think you build is a little bit in trouble due the change of Rapid Decay, it doesn't effect CA anymore! What now?
"
nikidino8 wrote:
Yeah thank you for your reply, but now I think you build is a little bit in trouble due the change of Rapid Decay, it doesn't effect CA anymore! What now?

Source?
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
nikidino8 wrote:

Welcome.

Just tested in Beta, Rapid Decay still effects the output for "# Chaos Damage Per Second" on the Caustic Arrow tool-tip damage.

If Rapid Decay changes between now and Fall of Oriath going live, a switch to Slower Projectiles or Pierce could both be options.
Yeah I don't know where he was getting that from, nothing I read indicated any change between CA and RD.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Nevermind, just 3.0 in Path of Building is not OK, Rapid Decay didn't link with CA in one of the last version ^^
What do you guys think about this for 2 week Mayhem league, probably 50/50 solo/duo. I'm going to be modest casual, so maybe 2-3 hours a day.

Thanks for any advice!
"
STRiCK9 wrote:
What do you guys think about this for 2 week Mayhem league, probably 50/50 solo/duo. I'm going to be modest casual, so maybe 2-3 hours a day.

Thanks for any advice!

It might be a slow start and some of the Mayhem elements will keep you moving/on your toes. But the build should be able to preform through all Mayhem content once it gets rolling. As it is a void race, you can probably forgo the magic find elements. Gear towards resistance and life on all pieces to help overall survive-ability.

If you are soloing some of the Breach zones, be careful. The very nature of DoT in breaches means you could get overwhelmed (esp in Tul and with Soul Eater Rares). Work to have a strategy for breaches (totem, golemn, blink/mirror arrow, lit trap, other distractions, etc.), and an escape plan if needed.
OK, this is good advice. Was thinking MF just because I want to go with the over-the-top theme of the race. If there's going to be all these extra drops from invaders, exiles, ghosts, etc, why not pump up the rarity of what they're dropping?

I'll be playing SC, in case that wasn't clear. And good idea about the breaches. I could see this being a build that does get overrun, but so are many others!
"
STRiCK9 wrote:
OK, this is good advice. Was thinking MF just because I want to go with the over-the-top theme of the race. [...]

More power to you on the Magic Find! Only additional advice there is to have a pretty strict Item Filter for some of the more crazy modded zones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info