[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

I'll add, NeverSink's strict option is really good for that, if you aren't willing/able to code your own from scratch.

Although there are also tools out there to help you make filters.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Fan fiction. Not sure where this is headed. But please post a reply if you're interested.
===============

Yellow.
Spoiler

Yellow.

Bright. Sunny. Happiness.

This is why Yellow is my favorite color.
===============
Yellow.

Bright. Visible. Noticeable. Obvious. Ostentatious. Risky.

This is why most others eschew Yellow - cowards all, I say... or upon reflection, perhaps inclined to the Dark.
================
But I am Yellow.

And fuck the others!

Come with me!

Journey with me!

And I - I will show you what Yellow truly is!
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 26, 2017, 7:08:28 AM
Yellow... 2
Spoiler

Yellow.
Burns Bright.
Blinds Sight.
Cannot see Enemy from Friend.
Cannot see Dark from Light.

Yellow Blinds.
Yellow Sears.
Yellow, Yellow, Yellow,... Everywhere.
================
Yellow... Yellow... Yellow... Everywhere?
Blinding?
Searing?
=================
Pervasive?
=================
How can Yellow be Pure?

How can Yellow be Good?
===========
But I am bound to Yellow.

So help me.

And so help those bound to the Dark.

Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 26, 2017, 7:31:18 AM
I admit, based on the preface, I expected paragraphs, not psuedo-poetry.

Intrigued as to where it's going, but I think you could condense it, or even just pick one. They're extremely similar in progression to the point of being nearly identical in terms of the purpose/directionality.

If it's one or the other, it should definitely be #2.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 26, 2017, 10:54:21 AM
Drillneck dead for 3.0 with CA*

* Pending the proposed change sticks.

Quick head math, this means CA will need about a 15% base damage increase at end-game in order to compensate for the loss of Drillneck (includes the tree change outlined earlier)

Right now all we know is that it's level two base damage has gone from 6.5 to 6.7 (3% increase), but who knows how it will scale at level 20+.

Rest assured, I'm going to be rolling Beta soon and investigating.

EDIT:

I've updated the Beta tree in anticipation of the Drillneck changes. For now, because Drillneck's changes haven't made it into the Beta yet, still take Piercing Shots, not Method to the Madness. However once that change DOES come through, Piercing Shots will be pointless.

Net result is +1 points in order to get the final jewel, but the damage loss is more or less compensated for.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 4, 2017, 12:48:38 PM
YES! Finally an effective, and popular MF build that works quite well in 2.6/3.0! I've been looking all over the forums for a build like this to fund all my future builds, and give them really good gear since I am very new to this game, and I think I found just the build I am looking for(scrubbing it up on standard BTW, so I have all the time in the world to fund all my future builds, XD.) You don't know how happy this makes me.

Now I can buy some really good gear for my other builds much more quickly, farm exalts like a madman, do much more trading with others, and not be broke all the time when trying to fund a new build, XD. This build looks like it would be perfect for farming currency, and maybe some really even some really good gear for my other guys would drop, so I do not have to use the currency to trade items.

While it does seem like it would be weaker based on the info shown in this thread, this build looks like it will still be really strong when 3.0 drops, so this build is definitely a keeper for me. Plus, this is one of the few builds that interests me that favors a scion over the other classes, so I can also try out a scion for the first time, XD. Can't wait to start farming with her in the future. It is also over 9000x easier to make all those annoying, and expensive 6l's now which is another huge plus with this build.
Last edited by markopolo112 on Jul 4, 2017, 3:06:03 PM
I'm somewhat new so the leveling guide has me confused.

It tells you to level like a witch, basically, so when does one switch to bow skills(mainly caustic). Is it only AFTER you have a +2, 5-link bow?

Fire-storm is the best leveler all the way to 60+? Or just for scion?

I would be concerned about not enough INT to level that way but Astramentis works for that. I was fortunate and managed to get one.

"
Moosebert wrote:
I'm somewhat new so the leveling guide has me confused.

It tells you to level like a witch, basically, so when does one switch to bow skills(mainly caustic). Is it only AFTER you have a +2, 5-link bow?

Fire-storm is the best leveler all the way to 60+? Or just for scion?

I would be concerned about not enough INT to level that way but Astramentis works for that. I was fortunate and managed to get one.

You won't need Astra though you'll probably have to pick up at least one of the +30 int nodes to get it working, then just some int on gear.

Honestly, I screw around with different leveling options all the time and right now Magma Orb with Incinerate Totem is working pretty well for me in the Beta. Although there's a reason most people level with Firestorm or Flameblast totems, but Scion doesn't really lend itself well to FB totems unless you're fine with a pretty hefty respec.

The reason I prefer projectile spells like Magma orb is because it dovetails nicely with the proj dmg nodes the build takes anyway in end-game, whereas something like Firestorm only benefits from the spell damage around Scion and later on Shadow elemental damage (neither of which we keep). Either way, you'll find various different setups pretty comfortable.

The rule of thumb is to switch only after you have three damage clusters and at LEAST a +1 4L, but I never found the skill to be that great to switch to until +2 5L. It's doable to do it earlier in a +1 4L, though, if you'd rather.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 4, 2017, 11:36:09 PM
Also, update on CA change in Beta.

2.6 Level 15 Gem: 230.9 base chaos damage over time.
3.0 Level 15 Gem: 298.8 base chaos damage over time.

Roughly a 29.4% increase at this point, which compensates for the loss of Drillneck already (we would've needed approximately a 15% base damage increase to compensate for the proposed Drillneck changes).

I'll confirm with a level 20 gem as well but it seems like this skill got a pretty nice buff for 3.0.

We'll lose the QoL of Pierce dropping more clouds for us, but it shouldn't be TOO impactful. More importantly, indicators seem to be it will be a little bit better versus tankier mobs, though it's worth noting beta players are reporting boss life pools in white and yellow maps to now rival those of red maps, so boss killing potential for MF purposes is quite possibly lower. I have not been to maps in Beta so far, so I cannot confirm.

I think the more important thing to note is that the skill will be a lot better to level with come 3.0, and we might be able to completely forgo spell leveling at that point. I didn't want to test it immediately in case it didn't work out with no backup gear due to the fresh reset, but I'll roll again after I hit gem level 20 and play it like a new league and actually try leveling with it from the go.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 5, 2017, 2:06:56 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
Also, update on CA change in Beta.

Aren't you just the best? ;p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info