[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
ChronoExile wrote:
"
aj926 wrote:
What do i do with the additional two ascendancy points? Is scion still the way to go?

Scion is still the way to go. The final two ascendancy points are used to get Path of Ranger, and you can save three passive points in the tree(the three dex travel nodes to the right of Sentinel), which can be used to fill out other areas of your passive tree. Another jewel socket, more defense, more life, dodge/phase acro, etc.

Cool, thanks.

What does your gem setup look like?

Also first post on page 420 of a green cloud build, nice.
IGN: Respectre

Last edited by aj926 on Jun 15, 2016, 3:00:59 PM
"
aj926 wrote:
Also, don't you have open gem slots?

6L on bow, 4L for frenzy, 4L for auras, blood rage 4 link,... isn't there another 4 link?

Could I run CWDT/Endcry/Immortalcall/Incduration in another 4L? is there room?

Re-read the OP. It's all there.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
I haven't verified this yet, but running the lab with buddies running energy shield, I suspect that our evasion dodges a lot of the damage. Traps that regularly get my guildies killed don't seem to do even a fraction of my health. The damage is so different I started just running through the traps and ignoring their damage.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
There's no mitigation for trap damage at all.

It deals a percentage of your life, and ES @ 60% of its value, over time.

ES builds just have a shittier time of it because most of them don't take Zealots Oath, and regeneration / flasks are the only way to combat the trap damage.

We regenerate 5% of our life/s.

That's why you're having an easier time of it.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 16, 2016, 12:27:36 AM
I am using this guide on a HC CA shadow,using a +2 5L with iir i manage 4k chaos dmg p/s ,how do i reach the 25k,at least 20k dmg ,im lvl 63 ,took all chaos,dmg over time and almost all proj.dmg nodes yet my dps is still low,the clear speed even in my lvl range is slow,what am i doing wrong
Unlock your characters and I, or other contributors here, will be able to tell you more but the likely culprits are:

a) Gem levels (I'm guessing you're running a level 16 or 17 gem atm)
b) Dps values of 20k+ you mentioned are with 7 frenzy charges up. Unbuffed, you'll see 15-16k ish in a completed build. 4k for where you're at with gem levels isn't bad, but:
c) You're running the IIR gem. That's the sixth link gem for precisely this reason. You want more damage earlier, not MF. Use your gear to get the MF going. Your 5L should be a damage gem. Not sure what your current setup is so I can't tell you which to go to, but it's probably going to be Pierce.
d) If you're running shadow, you're probably using AoE, which will see lower damage output. The dps values listed in this guide are not using AoE, because we can compensate for it with +arrow from the Scion Ascendency. I leave it up to you if you're fine with a smaller cloud but you'll probably want to invest in a +Arrow Drillneck to make your life easier. Which leads me to:
e) No Drillneck, maybe.

You can show your characters through the privacy settings on your account page.

I'm off to bed. I'll investigate further tomorrow if you reply, unless someone beats me to it.

=)
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 16, 2016, 5:08:29 AM
The char is iDiedNineTimesAlready, please check and tell me
Need moar portals
Spoiler

"
Adri38 wrote:
I am using this guide on a HC CA shadow,using a +2 5L with iir i manage 4k chaos dmg p/s ,how do i reach the 25k,at least 20k dmg ,im lvl 63 ,took all chaos,dmg over time and almost all proj.dmg nodes yet my dps is still low,the clear speed even in my lvl range is slow,what am i doing wrong

Comments/recommendations:

1) Your life seems really low. I'd be very concerned about this in hardcore. Grab more life nodes, get life on rings (until you have enough life to go with Andvarius), etc.
2) Your flask setup isn't optimal. Get 3 Seething Hallowed Life Flasks - I usually just go with Staunching on all three, but whatever you want is fine so long as they're Seething. Drop the mana flask, run clarity if needed. And speaking of Staunching, you don't seem to have any Staunching flasks. That's very dangerous; how are you removing bleed effects?.
3) Gem setup - drop IIR and replace with Pierce. You're effectively running a 4-link; your DPS will improve substantially with this swap. Also, you want to be at or near the pierce cap (100%) to take full advantage of Drillneck - you're likely at about 40% Pierce or so at present.
4) Once 1-3 above are fixed, then I'd worry about more DPS - frenzy charge nodes are helpful for clear speed, a Vaal Lightning Trap is nice, you'll want to run a Wither totem setup for bosses, grab Swift Killer once you're confident of Cruel Ascendancy, etc. With Swift Killer in place I'd probably use Ice Shot to apply curses, using Frenzy for boss fights. Ice Shot's slow is incredibly good on defense - if you manage to obtain a +1 curse amulet I'd dual curse temporal chains + enfeeble most likely, switching enfeeble out for vulnerability on easier content.

Edit:
Due to the state of your gear, you are pressed for gem slots so you won't immediately be able to add wither totem, vaal lightning trap, etc. At this point in the game, I would definitely not take up a gem slot in order to run Arctic Armor - you do benefit from AA' chilled ground and chill when hit, but since you're moving all the time the armor bonus is wasted (personally I might run AA once I had all of my other optional links in place and provided that I had excess mana, but only under these conditions).

Finally, since you're in hardcore I'd probably run chaos golem instead of flame golem.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 16, 2016, 8:44:05 AM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
I haven't verified this yet, but running the lab with buddies running energy shield, I suspect that our evasion dodges a lot of the damage. Traps that regularly get my guildies killed don't seem to do even a fraction of my health. The damage is so different I started just running through the traps and ignoring their damage.

Yeah, life regen as Serleth says is the key.

I kind of suck at traps - so I'm now running Stone Golem and equip a Shaper's Seed for 8.6% life regen. With this setup, traps are easy. I just take my time to find safe spots in trap gauntlets and the awesome life regen takes care of the rest. With all that regen I can save pots for when I do something really stupid :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info