[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
hankinsohl wrote:

3) Gem setup - drop IIR and replace with Pierce. You're effectively running a 4-link; your DPS will improve substantially with this swap. Also, you want to be at or near the pierce cap (100%) to take full advantage of Drillneck - you're likely at about 40% Pierce or so at present.

Don't forget to respec from pierce node after that, you'll get 3 essentially free skill point.
Edit: No, I'm wrong - it is correct only for Deadeye, i.e. Scion.
Last edited by Sutyrin on Jun 16, 2016, 9:40:08 AM
Hey guys,

Would like to improve my build a little bit since I don't care much for clearing speed. I'm able to keep the 7 frenzy charges on all the time but I like to take its time clearing a map and seeing what drops.

Passive tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAABeAO4DHgUtBbUJ2QzyDkgRLxNtFAkUdRUgFr8Y2xm0Go0byB9BI_YmiCaVKk0qWyzpLYMuIy5TMHEwfDE1NZI2PTfUOkI-zz8nQzFDNkd-SshLeE2SUUdS7FVLWhpaUlsmW69h4mKsZU1sjG5pbqp07XXLdoJ59nrve257w311f_uE2YazhweNfY1-jb-TmZchm12cxJ2qoSKiQKOKpcuomrTFtNG1SLXytyK3MLe2u5674702vea-p8F8wuzDM8SiyAzKRsu9z93Tb9N-1CPV-Ni92sHdDd2o4q3jhOXm5oHqYutj7T_uDu968Yryl_T49qP-ug==?accountName=Duckling&characterName=RiniaGeram

Gear and Flasks:
Spoiler

My stats, defense:
Spoiler

Caustic Arrow with Fire Golem active:

Spoiler

With Caustic I have 77IIQ/213IIR, I used an IIQ gem since the C value is a lot higher than using a IIR gem.

Is there anything I can improve to accommodate a more layback map clearing speed speed and improve survivability a bit?
If you don't care much about damage, Duckling, you have a good portion of the Scion life wheel to still take.

You have a couple options: you can either drop damage on jewels to invest more in resistances, which would allow you to get more life on your helmet and amulet

and/or

You can pull the three projectile damage nodes from Ranger to head into the life.

But your stats seem fine, if all you're doing is clearing lower or mid level maps to farm and check everything out, I personally find 4.8k life is pretty good, especially given that you've completed up to Phase Acro.

Given that you won't care as much about speeding through things, which is usually where the three life flasks come in, you can also drop Soul Siphon and just replace a life flask for a mana flask if necessary for 60% reduced recovery maps. You should be comfortable in 40% reduced recovery maps if you push your Clarity level up to 16-18.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
If you don't care much about damage, Duckling, you have a good portion of the Scion life wheel to still take.

You have a couple options: you can either drop damage on jewels to invest more in resistances, which would allow you to get more life on your helmet and amulet

and/or

You can pull the three projectile damage nodes from Ranger to head into the life.

But your stats seem fine, if all you're doing is clearing lower or mid level maps to farm and check everything out, I personally find 4.8k life is pretty good, especially given that you've completed up to Phase Acro.

Given that you won't care as much about speeding through things, which is usually where the three life flasks come in, you can also drop Soul Siphon and just replace a life flask for a mana flask if necessary for 60% reduced recovery maps. You should be comfortable in 40% reduced recovery maps if you push your Clarity level up to 16-18.

Thanks for the reply. Right now I'm clearing T14 maps, going to move to T15 though I do take my sweet time since a I can get one hit easily if I'm not careful. I don't have problems with Mana since I don't spam much and I try to keep distance and do the chaos damage do its work from afar. The quartz flask seemed an obvious choice for me since I went all in for acrobatics.

Since I'm moving to T15 and been struggling a bit with T14 I may go for the life nodes instead of the Ranger projectile damage nodes. All my jewels have already added life as well. I could also start from the Ranger tree but instead of choosing the projectile damage nodes I could go for the Life/Evasion nodes instead, what do you think?
Yeah once you've got those final Ascendancy points, that's actually exactly what I did. More evasion as well that way.

Heads up for T15s, this build CANNOT do Core. Flat out. Not unless you're willing to do some respec/gearing for that map.

It can do Abyss, but the boss is difficult to deathless in full MF gear. It's possible though.

Daresso's a nightmare. His spinning blade spells are murder.

I haven't done T15s since the changes to flasks so I'd be interested in your findings particularly for that fight with the Quartz flask and Phase Acro combined.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 16, 2016, 3:44:45 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
I haven't done T15s since the changes to flasks so I'd be interested in your findings particularly for that fight with the Quartz flask and Phase Acro combined.

I shall report on it once I get a fight with Daresso. As you've said though, I may have to do some changes to survive him, at least removing the IIQ jewel and one of the rings for something else.
A noobish question: why do we consider the Carcass Jack the best body armor? I see only two relevant bonuses on it: increased AoE radius and AoE damage. We don't seem to need them: two arrows give great AoE radius and another 12% of increased bonus is quite small. What am I missing?
"
Sutyrin wrote:
A noobish question: why do we consider the Carcass Jack the best body armor? I see only two relevant bonuses on it: increased AoE radius and AoE damage. We don't seem to need them: two arrows give great AoE radius and another 12% of increased bonus is quite small. What am I missing?

That's exactly it.

It's for min-maxing purposes. Like you say, you don't need them, but it's still an improvement to the build.
I started going for the upper left 8 life nodes, will it be enough life after i get them or i still need other life nodes for ex. profane chemistry? Asking because i already got ahold one andvarius, collecting chaos for the next.
Why not ranger?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info