[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Why not ranger?

"
Serleth wrote:
Deadeye's additional arrow allows us to drop AoE from the gem chain, while Occultist grants -chaos% resistance on enemies you curse, and increased chaos if you have killed a cursed enemy recently (last four seconds). Effectively, we're getting a free gem slot and free chaos penetration.

:P

@Adri

You get the amount of life you need to feel comfortable with. I personally feel the tree I have provided should cover the life that you need, but feel free to get additional life at your discretion.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 16, 2016, 11:05:43 PM
Damn, got lucky - Izaro's treasure chests dropped me an Ex on Cruel.

Can decide whether to buy a perfect Andy, or 2 entry level rolls of same.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:

Not sure what lower-rolled Andies are going for atm (done enough poe.trade PCing today :P)

But let's say you can get a 55% for 0.5ex each.

One perfect Andy = 15/70 = 85%

vs

Two 15/55's (you can bless yours up to 15% implicit pretty easy) = 70% * 2 = 140% IIR

55% IIR difference.

Pretty significant in terms of how fast you'll be able to farm that exalt back. About 40% faster with dual Andvarius rings.
Completely off topic...
Spoiler

There have been some pretty interesting uniques introduced into the game lately.

First up:

Curses work against hexproof mobs; + 1 curse; poison on hit. Very interesting combination of affixes. It's got high dexterity requirements though so the skills you'll want to use with this will need to be dexterity-based.

Then there's this:

Wow! Another totem with no huge downside, unlike Soul Mantle. Triple ranged attack totems with this and Cospri's Will anyone?

And this:

I guess this item has been in the game for awhile but its recipe has only recently been discovered. Too bad the damage increase is for Cold Damage. Still, that curse radius increase is very nice if using Blasphemy.

Another drawback - the Illusory Warp movement skill has a very limited range and a long cooldown.

Anyhow, the above uniques got me thinking and I'm going to try out a novel new build using all three items. I'll post back in spoilers with details after I work out details. The build I'm thinking of isn't going to be magic find - but hopefully it'll be capable of killing off Tier 15 bosses a bit easier than with CA.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 17, 2016, 7:52:00 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:

I'm pretty awful at end-game labs. But, I've found some tricks to cope.

Each "trial" is the same.

There's a bunch of damaging stuff, most likely accompanied by some sort of device that damages you.

So, you'll want to first start off by destorying the damageing device.

Next, realize that all trials are trap-discontinous. By which I mean, that after each seqquence of traps there's a dead=zone, free of damage where you can stay and recover health.

Finally, note that traps deal damage as a percentage of your health/energy shield. It does no good to maximize life for the sake of surviving traps - traps will do more and more damage as your life increases.

Instead, maximize life regeneration as a percentage of total health.
============
To best survive end game traps, my tips are:

1)Switch out of magic find gear. Swap in life gear. Yes, you'll take more damage from traps, but you'll be better able to survive mobs. After rushing through some traps and taking a bunch of damage, that extra life may help you survive any mobs that await in the dead zones.

2) Try to take out any damaging devices before proceeding. Sometimes this isn't possible, In which case, try to stay out of damaging auras.

3) Once you move through a series of traps stop in a dead zone to recover health. In every trial I've encountered thus far, there's a series of traps, followed by an area where you can rest to recover health - this only makes sense. If you took continuous damage as you moved through a trial, you'd never survive.

4) In order to survive traps if you're terrible at dodging like me, boost your life regen. Level a Stone Golem, purchase a Shaper's Seed and be sure to take all the nodes in Serleth's tree that provice life regeneration.

If you do this, you can recover health quickly in dead areas and can save flasks for traversing through traps.

Thanks a lot for the hints. Then i need a while to do the last lab. now i struggle sometimes with merciless lab. As you wrote izaro sometimes onehit me and sometimes i dont loose life in the battle with him. With normal traps i had no problems i dont know the uber traps.
Is there a page with the izaro combinations and why some are so extremly deadly? I dont understand the mechanism behind.
But your hints will help me to be patient respective to the uber lab.

thanks a lot and have a nice weekend.
"
Serleth wrote:
Uber lab down

Swapped out of MF gear, level 19 gem in a +3 bow with CoH setup to sustain Frenzy charges (4L'd), 5.3k life, 10.7k unbuffed tooltip dps.

gz

then it tooks a lot of time since i can try uber lap :-(

if i have the currency can i wsp you to make my 2 gem bow to a +3 ?

"
"
hankinsohl wrote:

I'm pretty awful at end-game labs. But, I've found some tricks to cope.

Each "trial" is the same.

There's a bunch of damaging stuff, most likely accompanied by some sort of device that damages you.

So, you'll want to first start off by destorying the damageing device.

Next, realize that all trials are trap-discontinous. By which I mean, that after each seqquence of traps there's a dead=zone, free of damage where you can stay and recover health.

Finally, note that traps deal damage as a percentage of your health/energy shield. It does no good to maximize life for the sake of surviving traps - traps will do more and more damage as your life increases.

Instead, maximize life regeneration as a percentage of total health.
============
To best survive end game traps, my tips are:

1)Switch out of magic find gear. Swap in life gear. Yes, you'll take more damage from traps, but you'll be better able to survive mobs. After rushing through some traps and taking a bunch of damage, that extra life may help you survive any mobs that await in the dead zones.

2) Try to take out any damaging devices before proceeding. Sometimes this isn't possible, In which case, try to stay out of damaging auras.

3) Once you move through a series of traps stop in a dead zone to recover health. In every trial I've encountered thus far, there's a series of traps, followed by an area where you can rest to recover health - this only makes sense. If you took continuous damage as you moved through a trial, you'd never survive.

4) In order to survive traps if you're terrible at dodging like me, boost your life regen. Level a Stone Golem, purchase a Shaper's Seed and be sure to take all the nodes in Serleth's tree that provice life regeneration.

If you do this, you can recover health quickly in dead areas and can save flasks for traversing through traps.

Thanks a lot for the hints. Then i need a while to do the last lab. now i struggle sometimes with merciless lab. As you wrote izaro sometimes onehit me and sometimes i dont loose life in the battle with him. With normal traps i had no problems i dont know the uber traps.
Is there a page with the izaro combinations and why some are so extremly deadly? I dont understand the mechanism behind.
But your hints will help me to be patient respective to the uber lab.

thanks a lot and have a nice weekend.

The endgame traps are more difficult because they are longer and because there are stations which either damage you or slow you along the way. The trick seems to be to destroy stations that are currently in range (they'll respawn after a short time), then move through the trap gauntlet until you find a safe spot, at which point you stop. High regen helps you recover life quickly as you wait in a safe spot as well as when traversing the gauntlet itself.

As for the Izaro fights, keep on the move; circling Izaro seems to work out best. So it's shoot a CA, move, refresh wither totem or resummon Stone Golem, move, refresh CA poison on ground, move, etc.

Circular movement when possible means you'll not be hit by his charge which will one-shot you.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 17, 2016, 2:03:56 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:

Oh the curse of the obsessive-compulsive :-).

I've got that too - only the very best will do, LOL.

But yeah, as Serleth says, buy a cheap Andvarius. Next, if you haven't done so alreadly, you need IIQ so that IIR*IIQ is as large as possible. If you have Goldwyrm already, and can handle the resist penalty, next up is a cheap Andvarius.

If you must... save up and purchase nearly perfect explicit Andvariuses once you have two cheapies equipped. Then sell the cheapies.

The cheapie first - MF - and then perfect route will be a lot quicker than perfect followed by perfect.

Indeed, once you have two cheap Andvarius plus the rest of your MF is sorted, I'd be tempted to purchase a +1 arrow Drillneck.
-------------
Currently I'm dumping currency into a second experimental but hopefully fun build (not magic find - CA magic find is incredibly strong, in fact the best I've played so far) - but once I fund the "experiment" I'll be purchasing a +1 arrow Drillneck and then I'll double resist my bow (a 4ex hit), and finally get a Carcass Jack and probably a level 4 empower.

Here's my gear so far (I suffer from OCD as you can see :-)):

Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 17, 2016, 9:03:34 AM
"
"
Serleth wrote:
Uber lab down

Swapped out of MF gear, level 19 gem in a +3 bow with CoH setup to sustain Frenzy charges (4L'd), 5.3k life, 10.7k unbuffed tooltip dps.

gz

then it tooks a lot of time since i can try uber lap :-(

if i have the currency can i wsp you to make my 2 gem bow to a +3 ?

I don't have the masters to do it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1672087

I used him.

@Hank:

I really want to try a build with Saemus' Gift (seen here) as well.
"
Serleth wrote:

@Hank:

I really want to try a build with Saemus' Gift (seen here) as well.

Interesting... hopefully you'll share results of your experiences with this unique. Lots of scope for new build ideas in this league.

Glad I'm playing the "go to" magic find build to fund other (hopefully) fun builds :-)
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 17, 2016, 2:22:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info