[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
p4rasite wrote:
So here is my question about Jewels.

As it seems area damage on jewels is not calculated on cloud dmg tooltip. I had 7.350 chaos and still the same with 12% on a jewel.

When I switch to a 11% chaos dmg jewel my damage goes up to 7.5k.

So, is area damage like concentrated effect gem? Working but not being calculated? And are all fou dmg modes (chaos, area, proj dmg, dot) on jewels giving the same %increased dmg?

That's right. Due to the way the cloud dmg tooltip is calculated, it doesn't include area damage modifiers, including the conc effect gem. But all four damage modes should give the same %increased damage.
Love it.
Question: How are you maintaining grace and a level 15 clarity at after having specced out of Charisma? Can I afford to do this once I have both Soul Siphon and Mana Flows?
"
Boss_Crab wrote:
Love it.
Question: How are you maintaining grace and a level 15 clarity at after having specced out of Charisma? Can I afford to do this once I have both Soul Siphon and Mana Flows?

my question is why do you even need a lvl 15 Clarity? I dropped mine down to lvl 7 and its more than enough. Right now Im running Clarity and Grace with 265 mana left over and I dont have any reduced mana reserved nodes yet. Im thinking about dropping Clarity altogether for maybe Haste? Thats 10% movement speed seems pretty nice.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Aug 9, 2015, 8:01:23 AM
I see, I switched over to the curse on hit setup, specced out of charisma and didn't need it anymore. Also tried your the 7 clarity and it seems to do ok. Thanks.
I happen to drop +3 bow, shitty besides that, so I can sell if for 20 fusings to someone with strudy stomach

it found new home already in like 4 minutes

Spoiler
SOLD OUT

Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Aug 9, 2015, 12:11:28 PM
"
p4rasite wrote:
So, is area damage like concentrated effect gem? Working but not being calculated?

And are all fou dmg modes (chaos, area, proj dmg, dot) on jewels giving the same %increased dmg?

Yes. And yes.

"

Easily. No purity running. And yes.

Re: Thomas: Clarity's a QoL thing for prolonged boss fights with a lot of kiting. Especially when you're running a fleet map and the boss is moving out of your cloud every 0.5 seconds, mana can become a significant issue. It's not really a problem for most situations but I'd say a level 8-10 Clarity is the minimum I'd recommend.

Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Edit: Bleh, someone already took it T_T.
Last edited by diegocfq on Aug 9, 2015, 12:09:00 PM
Can i just level with pa from level 4? Or would that be bad. ALso how do you progress through the recommended hc tree? Im only level 5 so i was hoping to get some answers earlier on in the build so i dont have to make any changes.
Hi everyone.

First of all, thanks Serleth for the great build.
I never tried a MF build before, since the cheap ones would tend to go full support/culling, and that gameplay don't interest me much. So your build, which can handle solo play, caught my interest. Level 67 so far, and no problem progressing through the game by myself.

Sorry if this have already been asked, but it can be a bit hard to find something among 129 pages of talk. ^^

So my questions :

-when MFing, where would you start ? Boss runs (piety, dom or voll) ? Or go directly into maps ?

-when you explain your 0.5ex/hour, you say that you only ran blue maps. IS that beacause it is more efficient ? Or should I run rare maps if able ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards, and have a nice game.

PS : goldwyrm price this season is insane. :(
Last edited by Atori on Aug 9, 2015, 5:18:32 PM
"
Serleth wrote:

Re: Thomas: Clarity's a QoL thing for prolonged boss fights with a lot of kiting. Especially when you're running a fleet map and the boss is moving out of your cloud every 0.5 seconds, mana can become a significant issue. It's not really a problem for most situations but I'd say a level 8-10 Clarity is the minimum I'd recommend.

I still dont see mathematically how you can run out of Mana, unless you just reserved everything with a 3rd Aura and only had enough for 2-3 shots. I can get off 14 PAs before I autofire. I just dont see any possible scenario when you would ever fire off that many PAs with no downtime to recoup at least some of your mana.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Aug 9, 2015, 6:38:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info