[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Rush042 wrote:
I had a question regarding how you map, specifically. I'm finding that even in blue maps, I'm often using all 6 portals, and spending a TON of my time in my hideout IDing and checking for relatively decent pieces to pawn off for a chaos or two each. Do you pick up every single rare just for the alt shard/chance at something decent (unid Chaos Recipes are heavily gated by jewelery for me), or do you find yourself only picking up the small stuff, and the time spent IDing gets smaller as you get more used to quickly assessing items?

You basically nailed it. I'll provide some greater detail though. Because of the length of this reply, I'm going to separate it into two sections.

My mapping philosophy
At this point in the league, I do unid recipes for ilvl 71 or lower, id recipes for 72-74, and regal recipes for 75+.

I don't spend more than 10 seconds per trip in my hideout after clearing 68-69 maps. For defensive items, if it's not capable of rolling the 42-45% resistance range (ilvl 72) at this point in the league, it's more than likely not worth selling, so my scan time is cut significantly. My eyes are able to pick up on 30% rolls very fast. If I don't see it, I vend it.

Offensively, for attack-weapons unless I see 65%+, it's a vendor. Hybrid t2 rolls start at ilvl 73. If it's 65%+ but without accuracy (meaning it's a pure phys roll, guaranteed), it's a vendor. I honestly don't even bother looking at quivers that much unless I see a swath of % rolls, which indicate to me it's got some combination of crit chance/multi/weapon ele, the only combinations that make quivers worth more than 2 chaos.

And so forth.

As for what items I pick up, I limit myself to one 4x2 slot item per trip, and I make sure it's a staff or bow (+3 fire / bow gem items) since it's very easy to burn portals if you grab too many 4x2's. I make exceptions for bows, adding all the bows I find, because statistically you're much more likely to find a +3 bow than you are a +3 fire staff.

I don't even bother focusing on base types until ilvl 73 (highest hybrid attack, highest flat defense affixes). If for whatever reason I find that I have portals left because of that philosophy (re: 4x2 slottage), I don't backtrack: I load a new map. It's faster.

I think that more or less covers it. Over time as you learn the affix tables and base types (ie, anything Ancient Gauntlets and lower = autovendor), your time spent scanning items will be significantly reduced.

Stash organization
Stash organization is also a huge key in making trips faster.

It's hard to see the tab names here because I'm pulling this from the browser but I'll explain.

The first tab is a run tab. I run a map, I do my vendor trip, I ctrl-click everything over. There's slots for pretty much every orb type except divines and exalts.

When those alts/jews/gcp/chance slots etc are full, I move them to the second tab, named simply "$"

That tab is organized in rows: 2 rows of augs, 1 row of alts, 1 row of chromes, 1 row of chaos, 1 row of vaals, 1 row of jewellers, 1 row of fuse, 1 row of scours, 1 row of chance. Then bigger, more rare currency, is bottom right (exalts, regrets, divines, regals).

Further down my stash is the "Reserve-XYZ" tabs section. When a row from the $ tab is filled, I move it there, or spend time in trade converting. One of the two.

As you can see, I have tabs immediately after that are also yellow: those are unid, and id chaos recipe tabs. Quick access for when I get recipe pieces.

Then immediately behind that are div cards, and my map tabs.

My regal tab is after my maps tab, since regal recipe items are more rare depending on what level map I feel like running at the time. This, right now, is often dictated by Warbands, since they drop mad loot, I'm actively hunting them using #710, hence I'm fine pushing the regal tab further back to clear the front of my stash for easier organization.

Then there's my shop

Every item is organized into separate b/o tabs. Each increment of chaos from 1-10 gets its own tab. Anything worth more than that goes in my general "shop" tab, to be priced manually.

In each tab, items that I have priced and indexed are in the top left corner. New items get put into the bottom right. This way I know very quickly which items I need to add, and which items are old.

If items in the 1-10c tabs haven't sold after a few days, I move them down an increment. 10c items become 9c items. Etc. If they still haven't sold after being up for 1 chaos for a few days, I use the items in a chaos recipe, or donate them to the guild stash.

If you're interested in seeing how my shop actually looks (I don't use third-party tools, because I like clean organization), you can visit it here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1304300
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 10, 2015, 6:38:18 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Rush042 wrote:
I had a question regarding how you map, specifically. I'm finding that even in blue maps, I'm often using all 6 portals, and spending a TON of my time in my hideout IDing and checking for relatively decent pieces to pawn off for a chaos or two each. Do you pick up every single rare just for the alt shard/chance at something decent (unid Chaos Recipes are heavily gated by jewelery for me), or do you find yourself only picking up the small stuff, and the time spent IDing gets smaller as you get more used to quickly assessing items?

You basically nailed it. I'll provide some greater detail though. Because of the length of this reply, I'm going to separate it into two sections.

My mapping philosophy
At this point in the league, I do unid recipes for ilvl 71 or lower, id recipes for 72-74, and regal recipes for 75+.

I don't spend more than 10 seconds per trip in my hideout after clearing 68-69 maps. For defensive items, if it's not capable of rolling the 42-45% resistance range (ilvl 72) at this point in the league, it's more than likely not worth selling, so my scan time is cut significantly. My eyes are able to pick up on 30% rolls very fast. If I don't see it, I vend it.

Offensively, for attack-weapons unless I see 65%+, it's a vendor. Hybrid t2 rolls start at ilvl 73. If it's 65%+ but without accuracy (meaning it's a pure phys roll, guaranteed), it's a vendor. I honestly don't even bother looking at quivers that much unless I see a swath of % rolls, which indicate to me it's got some combination of crit chance/multi/weapon ele, the only combinations that make quivers worth more than 2 chaos.

And so forth.

As for what items I pick up, I limit myself to one 4x2 slot item per trip, and I make sure it's a staff or bow (+3 fire / bow gem items) since it's very easy to burn portals if you grab too many 4x2's. I make exceptions for bows, adding all the bows I find, because statistically you're much more likely to find a +3 bow than you are a +3 fire staff.

I don't even bother focusing on base types until ilvl 73 (highest hybrid attack, highest flat defense affixes). If for whatever reason I find that I have portals left because of that philosophy (re: 4x2 slottage), I don't backtrack: I load a new map. It's faster.

I think that more or less covers it. Over time as you learn the affix tables and base types (ie, anything Ancient Gauntlets and lower = autovendor), your time spent scanning items will be significantly reduced.

Stash organization
Stash organization is also a huge key in making trips faster.

It's hard to see the tab names here because I'm pulling this from the browser but I'll explain.

The first tab is a run tab. I run a map, I do my vendor trip, I ctrl-click everything over. There's slots for pretty much every orb type except divines and exalts.

When those alts/jews/gcp/chance slots etc are full, I move them to the second tab, named simply "$"

That tab is organized in rows: 2 rows of augs, 1 row of alts, 1 row of chromes, 1 row of chaos, 1 row of vaals, 1 row of jewellers, 1 row of fuse, 1 row of scours, 1 row of chance. Then bigger, more rare currency, is bottom right (exalts, regrets, divines, regals).

Further down my stash is the "Reserve-XYZ" tabs section. When a row from the $ tab is filled, I move it there, or spend time in trade converting. One of the two.

As you can see, I have tabs immediately after that are also yellow: those are unid, and id chaos recipe tabs. Quick access for when I get recipe pieces.

Then immediately behind that are div cards, and my map tabs.

My regal tab is after my maps tab, since regal recipe items are more rare depending on what level map I feel like running at the time. This, right now, is often dictated by Warbands, since they drop mad loot, I'm actively hunting them using #710, hence I'm fine pushing the regal tab further back to clear the front of my stash for easier organization.

Then there's my shop

Every item is organized into separate b/o tabs. Each increment of chaos from 1-10 gets its own tab. Anything worth more than that goes in my general "shop" tab, to be priced manually.

In each tab, items that I have priced and indexed are in the top left corner. New items get put into the bottom right. This way I know very quickly which items I need to add, and which items are old.

If items in the 1-10c tabs haven't sold after a few days, I move them down an increment. 10c items become 9c items. Etc. If they still haven't sold after being up for 1 chaos for a few days, I use the items in a chaos recipe, or donate them to the guild stash.

If you're interested in seeing how my shop actually looks (I don't use third-party tools, because I like clean organization), you can visit it here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1304300

Really comprehensive post, and something that I might even recommend putting in the guide (or at least linking to in the FAQ). For a build focused on MF, this was SUPER helpful to read as someone relatively new to Path of Exile. I'll have to get used to doing quick scans for certain things (checking for a couple %modifiers on a chest to see if it's worth looking at for more than a split-second), learning item bases a bit more, and learning exactly what the ranges are for affixes. Hopefully that should cut down on my map time significantly.

There were a couple runs tonight where killing a boss turned into 3 portal trips, each of which was taking me well over a minute, and it felt like I was spending more time actually looking at gear than I was acquiring it... I figured that had to be inefficient. Thanks again for the quick and detailed reply!
Nice approach with the "run"-tab. I have some premium ones left to label, I think it might save me costly seconds per run! Thx man!

I went with Acquisition to put up a shop and to update it, I normally don't like putting all the prices manually in a thread. It's easy to see which items have a b/o and which ones do not (kind of an overview per tab) and you also see stats / position of the items. Soon there'll be the feature to see how long an item has been priced, so you can act accordingly without uncertainties.

But as usual, to each it's own method and tool, hehe =)

Gratz to your 2nd achievemnt, too!
IGN: WildTortillaFart
If you can't afford Andvarius then search for EXACTLY level 49 rings and amulets with (non-gold) 19-24 increased item rarity or (Gold Ring) 25-39 increased item rarity and (Gold Amulet) 31-44 increased item rarity with increased item rarity for the implicit. That is prefix and you can put Elreon rarity if there is an open suffix. If you don't know your prefixes and suffixes, use poeaffix.net.
Last edited by Ofnir_ on Aug 10, 2015, 10:13:53 AM
Hey, thanks for the great guide, i'm currently running it with ~204 iir(this is with IIR gem on my 5l, im not using empower yet since its leveling up) and 24 iiq,
I'm currently using a +2 5l bow, carcass jack, sadima's and perandus, rest are rares with capped resistances, poison arrow at 9k with frenzy charges.

What upgrade should i aim for next? more rarity or increased clear speed with drillneck?

Should i aim for a +3 bow and try to 6link it or get a 6l bow and spam alts on it for now?

I have a few exalts and been trying to find a good deal on drillneck for now, but not sure if i just should rather take my first andvarius.

Thanks again!
Last edited by Dele on Aug 10, 2015, 2:51:25 PM
"
Rush042 wrote:
Really comprehensive post, and something that I might even recommend putting in the guide (or at least linking to in the FAQ)... Thanks again for the quick and detailed reply!

Good suggestion. I've put it in the FAQ now. And you're welcome =)

Responded to Dele in-game, so that's sorted.

"
I went with Acquisition to put up a shop and to update it, I normally don't like putting all the prices manually in a thread.

The problem I have with Acquisition / Procurement threads is that everything is listed 700 times. A two stone ring will be listed in accessories, rings, dual resistance items, and IIR items if it has rarity.

I like my thread clean and simple so if I need to check on the price of something due to the "scam" pms of the copy/paste poe.trade messages where they change my listed price... I can just verify it immediately without having anything else open either through the b/o tabs if it's in the 1-10c range, or a quick alt-tab to my shop header for individual prices.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 10, 2015, 3:11:34 PM
Guide update video re-recorded to have twice the potatoes so you can actually see my screen now.
Sellin my old +3 PA bow for 6ex, taking in account its 5L with needed colors i think its worth it, leave me pm here on website, ill contact you
Last edited by m0tY on Aug 10, 2015, 7:16:07 PM
Inventory and Stash Management - video inspired by the discussion above, thought it'd be helpful to have a detailed walkthrough of how I do things.
Just wanted to point out Darkray Vectors as a possible alternative to Goldwurm, maybe for tough bosses?
+1 charge (more evasion, more damage, more aps)
+16% change to dodge!
+40% movespeed!

Does this seem like a good idea?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info