Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

@ swarmofseals and @Raadree

Thank you, you both have been very helpful. This was exactly what I've been looking for!
"
sudhirking wrote:

Thank you, you both have been very helpful. This was exactly what I've been looking for!

I edited my post with another possible build after you replied, might want to check out the update too!
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
"
swarmofseals wrote:
"
sudhirking wrote:

I edited my post with another possible build after you replied, might want to check out the update too!

Both trees have an INT and reduced mana reservation passives between Eldritch Battery and Ghost Reaver because he was using Purity of Lighting instead of an aura with 25% mana reservation
"
swarmofseals wrote:

EDIT: It's noteworthy that POEDan only takes 22% block on the tree, which means he will be at a base chance of 50% (assuming rathpith) plus however much from jewels and from corrupted amulet. With 7 jewel sockets that gives a max of 61% block. The original build maxes out at 66% block I think, while your version can get 68%. His total life is also a bit lower, but he does get a bit more ES and damage. Consider the following as a level 100 hybrid of POEDan's build and the original:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAdwDHgSzBS0HHgkzDPcNfBQgFSAWvxm0Gj4c3B7fH0EmlSj6LOktgy2oLlMvzDLRNZJAoEMxRUdGcUd-SVFJsUrIT1ZQQlM1VUtXyVpSXz9famHiZU1o8m6qbztwu3Ttdct343gNeTl5aHrve8N-4n_Ggh6DCYTZhTKGs4hCjDaNfo8aj_qTJ5Uum12hL6IAqJqpbqmVrK-xkLM_tAy18rfWuJO9Nr6Avoq-p768wBrAZsC_wQTBgsHFytPNmNDQ0TbTb9fP2L3awdsL21niLOnV6mLquuvu7BjvDu-I8B_w1fJF8pf5N_4K

You get 1% more block than Dan's build along with more life than any of the other versions while retaining the extra damage that Dan features.

Honestly I have no idea which of these is the best, and I doubt I'll ever get high enough level to find out!

Yea, that tree looks good. It does suck we cannot try it. Perhaps GGG should release a "sandbox" mode where once skill nodes, gems, levels, items, etc have been unlocked, users may test them out in a "sandbox" map (it could be an actual map item).

Last edited by sudhirking on Aug 22, 2015, 11:20:32 AM
Hey guys
I'm fairly new to the game, playing couple weeks on and off
I was thinking trying this build, but I got a question, how do I get INT for the Incinerate?
I've see that we don't really take int passive nods
I have around 1 ex to spend, could anyone give me an advice, what to buy, under 1 ex.
I have amulet, and I can buy weapon.

I really like the build, but I do not seem to get the grasp, how to get INT needed for incinerate

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by SirAlfa on Aug 22, 2015, 10:29:41 AM
"
SirAlfa wrote:
Hey guys
I'm fairly new to the game, playing couple weeks on and off
I was thinking trying this build, but I got a question, how do I get INT for the Incinerate?
I've see that we don't really take int passive nods
I have around 1 ex to spend, could anyone give me an advice, what to buy, under 1 ex.
I have amulet, and I can buy weapon.

I really like the build, but I do not seem to get the grasp, how to get INT needed for incinerate

Thanks in advance!

If you are that new I would probably suggest trying out a build that is more oriented toward beginners. This build is quite complicated and requires a lot of specific uniques to function at its best.

There are actually plenty of int points from the passive tree. Depending on which version you are looking at you should be getting 175-225 or so int from the tree. That will be plenty to support incinerate. A lot of that int comes later on in the leveling process though, so you may need some int on your gear early.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Thanks for reply
Well, I'd like to try Incinerate, could you suggest me some other easier build perhaps?
I'd like to do end game content, high lvl maps and Atziri
I have lvl 85 Arc witch, it's nice and all, but I don't think I'll be viable later
Maybe I'm wrong
Hey guys, Im currently lvl 91 nearly 92

Just curious what stats i should have before attempting uber in warbands?

my hp is 5.5k
2500 ES
12k incinerate with LMP 19k with slower proj
72% spell block and around 54% block

do i also need to spec into PoL + Grace? or was that only for tempest?
Last edited by tweedacus on Aug 22, 2015, 5:37:27 PM
Wanted to thank you for getting me my first Atziri kill.

I fucked up the trio phase and lost all but one portal to them. I really should not have left the ranged one alive last, didn't know that killing one full healed the rest, and went in with -60% chaos resist. I think I'm going to be going out my way to get 30-60% chaos resist on my rings before my next go.

Anyway, at that point I pretty much kissed the dream goodbye, but as it turns out atziri is cakewalk for this build. Turn on lockstep and whirling blades out of her AoEs and you'll never take much damage; spellblock is incredibly powerful. Beat her without having to use my last portal, picked up my atziri's promise, and had myself a victory chug. 10/10 would incinerate again.
How well would this build work without the block? The math for the damage mitigation with LC or CoF is really impressive...

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2L01kv4K21m31r6ALajbC4Ief8aTJ76KSbHXz_k374ihLwceEZZJUfDVlS5fatDQj_qmV03j_o864fJFjxoc3IUy6-7B86KjakPAVLzqaxeVIAj0bRkmlWHiVUuMNvv1tDjlGZeXRXzljqSxH0EDHha_BiNRdBqBppkfxy2LLJwreIdlEFivt3yDES0yNAQHHwI6WFXGg9usmOxVKo1JGzbY8WxTUkWdmuCiAASzwGZFRzLR8B9o8gmq2fzAmouM-d2PpkSrVa7fsIIQXfIOSJ1j2E3aYpSg-ehodEGHtz4YVnvDqJqbXfKXKPq4k4LH

Obviously that's an over-full tree, but the last 20 points or so are just increased damage nodes like at the start of witch, shadow, and templar, which can be taken last. All of those block nodes are spent on damage instead. Gems can have 7% life and damage rolls rather than the emphasis on block. Offhand options include: another cybil's paw, the comsuming dark, doryani's catalyst, saffell's, gg rare shield or dagger, or stick with rathpith.

182% increased maximum life
5 jewel slots
55% chance to avoid interruption from stun while casting
4% life regen
3% fire pen
15% cast speed
504% increased damage (fire, spell, elemental, projectile)

Last edited by jbmcarth on Aug 22, 2015, 7:27:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info