Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

I'm very interested in this build, but I've never played an incinerate build and I have a question about chest armor.

How would you rank the following chests:

Lightning Coil
Cloak of Flame (similar to coil but with small dps boost from ignite?)
rare ES/hp/resists
Atziri's Splendour
Cloak of Defiance (better MoM, frees some passives)
Infernal Mantle
Spoiler

my current gear. where should I invest for an upgrade first?

rathpith or 6l ES or rainbowstride or swap the helmet for an ES + life + resistance one.

got 4600hp, 1935 ES , 9.8k dps (with anger+HoI) incinerate (first phase)

my jewels are currently mostly 1% block chance + 10-15% spell/fire dmg or %maximum hp + cast speed
could invest in an upgrade there also.

or should i invest in 20% quality gems (my only quality gem so far is my incinerate lv 19 with 20%)
Last edited by khoifx on Aug 20, 2015, 5:31:45 PM
Guys how to increase dps? What upgrades should I get. Currently lvling 20% inci. Im around 6k dps stage 1 with auras.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Vilvander/characters

Riptek lvl 83
Last edited by TheCreatek on Aug 21, 2015, 1:48:19 AM
Spoiler

Hi. My current gear. I'm 72 lvl, need advise go for MoM with my 1800Es and ~9k dps or take all block nodes first?
"
Kohar wrote:
Spoiler

Hi. My current gear. I'm 72 lvl, need advise go for MoM with my 1800Es and ~9k dps or take all block nodes first?
Go for MoM
Hi there !

I'm looking to try your build which sound pretty nice. But i'm asking one question :

--> One of the reason you go for Eldritch Battery + Ghost Reaver is to sustain the Incinerate cost and have an additionnal defensive layer.
But there is something I'm wondering :
Imagine this 6L Incinerate set up :
Incinerate + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + Iron Will + GMP + Faster Projectile

Which means, in term of manacost, 9 * 1.4 * 1.2 * 1.65 * 1.1 = 27.44 mana per cast of Incinerate.
With two Elreon's ring, it's now cost 11.44 ! And it can be lower with "-" Manacost on Jewels / Passiv Nodes.

Is it possible to imagine this kind of modifications ?
- Cloak of Defiance
- Armor based items + a bit mana regenaration
- Basically 33 news passiv point to allow (based on your 110 points tree) for more armor ? more life ? damage ?

Maybe someone had already test this kind of configuration and can give me advices !
Thanks a lot !
"
MelloFey wrote:
Hi there !

I'm looking to try your build which sound pretty nice. But i'm asking one question :

--> One of the reason you go for Eldritch Battery + Ghost Reaver is to sustain the Incinerate cost and have an additionnal defensive layer.

Which means, in term of manacost, 9 * 1.4 * 1.2 * 1.65 * 1.1 = 27.44 mana per cast of Incinerate.
With two Elreon's ring, it's now cost 11.44 ! And it can be lower with "-" Manacost on Jewels / Passiv Nodes.

- Cloak of Defiance
- Basically 33 news passiv point to allow (based on your 110 points tree) for more armor ? more life ? damage ?

Maybe someone had already test this kind of configuration and can give me advices !
Thanks a lot !

if yo drop ll => 33points for mana/mana regeneration, without coil yo win oneshots on 79++maps from any extra damage/crit phys mob
Last edited by mndstrm on Aug 21, 2015, 1:44:29 PM
"
MelloFey wrote:
Hi there !

- Cloak of Defiance

Thanks a lot !

Hey MelloFay! There is an incinerate build that performs how you suggest. Here's a link: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1390212

I think that build, while good, deviates from the spirit of this build, which fundamentally utilizes dual defenses and sustain from EB and GR.

Now I would like to ask the community a question. Towards the end of the post, Yotmato provided a layout of the final min-maxed tree. I would like to hear people's thoughts on this slightly altered version of it. This final version simply reroutes paths to more efficiently dance around the tree, dropping the freed up points into HP and an extra jewel slot. So what do you think?

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAASshaUqiam13yl3vD2L01krXybqq3Pv4KPC2DzMauaPKvbAthwGYEs6IA8B-FMuvuMtFFR4Nf8wb7qgY5PQ-vp8T2UWDAGngNbztfP8EEeWipblBH7w4UIH7iGj55OenVwYIvzITZAdx3476nZU29Nkd-6mJ1y3rvBS107drBQzGNfqyvDPeplcC_QKDTby5Tjxoc3M2YHt9PVrM_vrwtqNtZt9a-gIMJsZBJsdfP-TfviJMnvorK07QMRnFfatDQj_rsGMHFf8bbC4IeiEJJUfDVBx6VLqEv_lQNzStQHM7iLNE2CTMVIC2DGbSGsyzpOuHyRaZX
"
sudhirking wrote:

Hey MelloFay! There is an incinerate build that performs how you suggest. Here's a link: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1390212

I think that build, while good, deviates from the spirit of this build, which fundamentally utilizes dual defenses and sustain from EB and GR.

Now I would like to ask the community a question. Towards the end of the post, Yotmato provided a layout of the final min-maxed tree. I would like to hear people's thoughts on this slightly altered version of it. This final version simply reroutes paths to more efficiently dance around the tree, dropping the freed up points into HP and an extra jewel slot. So what do you think?

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAASshaUqiam13yl3vD2L01krXybqq3Pv4KPC2DzMauaPKvbAthwGYEs6IA8B-FMuvuMtFFR4Nf8wb7qgY5PQ-vp8T2UWDAGngNbztfP8EEeWipblBH7w4UIH7iGj55OenVwYIvzITZAdx3476nZU29Nkd-6mJ1y3rvBS107drBQzGNfqyvDPeplcC_QKDTby5Tjxoc3M2YHt9PVrM_vrwtqNtZt9a-gIMJsZBJsdfP-TfviJMnvorK07QMRnFfatDQj_rsGMHFf8bbC4IeiEJJUfDVBx6VLqEv_lQNzStQHM7iLNE2CTMVIC2DGbSGsyzpOuHyRaZX

It seems fine, I copied PoEDan79 and went to the MoM passive through the scion ES wheel because i was using lightning coil, which allows me to remove the points in Sanctuary and Unrelenting (reduced mana cost isn't needed). I have 60/75 block and with lightning coil i could sit in the middle of a room doing atziri facetanking all the trash mobs. This change saves you 11 points so you can get HP somewhere else.

PS: sorry for my bad english
Last edited by Raadree on Aug 21, 2015, 6:48:42 PM
"
sudhirking wrote:

If I am comparing things correctly your changes result in a loss of 2% life, 20 dex, 50% increased flask life, and 10 int. You gain 10 strength and a jewel socket. If you have a great jewel to put in there then this is probably a good change assuming you can shrug off the stat losses.

Also please note that both your build and the endgame build you are comparing to are over budget by 1 point assuming you get the Oak bonus in normal difficulty, so you'll each need to cut a life node probably. Even then we're talking about a level 100 build which very few will ever see. Both your new version and the original version are going to be functionally extremely similar until the upper 90's.

You might want to consider looking at POEDan's endgame tree which he used to kill uber:

Here is his build at level 95: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAdwDHgSzBS0HHgkzDPcNfBQgFSAWvxm0Gj4c3B7fH0EmlSj6LOktgy2oLlMvzDLRNZJAoEMxRUdGcUd-SVFJsUrIT1ZQQlM1VUtXyVpSXz9famHiZU1o8m6qbztwu3Ttdct343gNeTl5aHrve8N-4n_Ggh6DCYTZhTKGs4hCjDaNfo8aj_qTJ5Uum12hL6IAqJqpbqmVrK-xkLM_tAy18rfWuJO9Nr6Avoq-p768wBrAZsC_wQTBgsHFytPNmNDQ0TbTb9fP2L3awdsL21niLOnV6mLquuvu7BjvDu-I8B_w1fJF8pf5N_4K

EDIT: It's noteworthy that POEDan only takes 22% block on the tree, which means he will be at a base chance of 50% (assuming rathpith) plus however much from jewels and from corrupted amulet. With 7 jewel sockets that gives a max of 61% block. The original build maxes out at 66% block I think, while your version can get 68%. His total life is also a bit lower, but he does get a bit more ES and damage. Consider the following as a level 100 hybrid of POEDan's build and the original:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAAdwDHgSzBS0HHgz3FCAWvxo-HNwfQSaVLaguUy_MMtE1kkCgQzFFR0ZxR35JUUmxSshPVlBCUzVVS1pSXz9famHiZU1o8m6qbztwu3Ttdct343gNeTl5aHrve8N-4n_Ggh6DCYTZhTKIQow2jX6PGo_6kyeVLptdoS-iAKiaqW6playvsZCzP7QMtfK31r02voC-ir6nvrzAGsBmwL_BBMGCwcXK082Y0NDTb9fP2L3awdsL21np1epi6-7sGO8O74jwH_DV8kXyl_k3_gqvbAthxq6uPmeb5FFQRx7fxPavp_5UDc0rUBzOPQ8GOfuq8wZRYA==

You get 1% more block than Dan's build along with more life than any of the other versions while retaining the extra damage that Dan features.

Honestly I have no idea which of these is the best, and I doubt I'll ever get high enough level to find out!

EDIT EDIT: I pasted in the wrong link for last build. It's correct now.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Last edited by swarmofseals on Aug 23, 2015, 12:05:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info