Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

"
tweedacus wrote:

Just did atziri first attempt ever :) deathless. pretty sick build thanks!

Congrats!!!
"
Laere wrote:

Is it the iron will alone thats putting your dps that high?

I am only at 6.3k damage, and thats with a level 20, 10% quality incinerate. Also most of my gems I've made have rolled extremely well, max fire damage/proj damage/health. Only level 76 atm though.

Nope, it's not one skill alone, but Iron Will does help. Here are some numbers.

DPS without Iron Will: 11,379
DPS with Iron Will: 14,029 [Strength 326]

So, this adds roughly 20% more dps. This would be a bit higher if I had a quality Iron Will.

If someone can provide the equations, I could do some math and create the damage curves. What I'm missing is how to calculate the speed modifiers.

To be clear, I'm only saying that Iron Will can be useful. I don't want to imply that cast speed isn't important. Cast speed is certainly important, but you can also get it in other places (e.g. jewelry).

I took a look at your character. Your dps will go up as you level Anger and Herald of Ice. Also, I've got 8 jewels which add a ton of dps. Add some jewel slots and you'll see a big increase.

Last edited by anteku on Aug 17, 2015, 9:16:28 PM
"
To be clear, I'm only saying that Iron Will can be useful. I don't want to imply that cast speed isn't important. Cast speed is certainly important, but you can also get it in other places (e.g. jewelry).

IW 20/20 give +48% spell dmg (+2%spell dmg every 10 str points.) = 48% + 64% = 112% spell dmg.
FC 20/20 give +49% casting speed.

112% sdmg vs 49% cspeed.

Now imagine:
What value is easier to get from jewels?

You answered yourself :-)

My best csped jew give me 8% cspeed.
My best sdmg jew give me 31% sdmg.

A medium jew gives 16% spdmg and 5% cspeed

Last edited by Sgravion on Aug 18, 2015, 7:35:28 AM
"
anteku wrote:
"
Laere wrote:

Is it the iron will alone thats putting your dps that high?

I am only at 6.3k damage, and thats with a level 20, 10% quality incinerate. Also most of my gems I've made have rolled extremely well, max fire damage/proj damage/health. Only level 76 atm though.

Nope, it's not one skill alone, but Iron Will does help. Here are some numbers.

DPS without Iron Will: 11,379
DPS with Iron Will: 14,029 [Strength 326]

So, this adds roughly 20% more dps. This would be a bit higher if I had a quality Iron Will.

If someone can provide the equations, I could do some math and create the damage curves. What I'm missing is how to calculate the speed modifiers.

I took a look at your character. Your dps will go up as you level Anger and Herald of Ice. Also, I've got 8 jewels which add a ton of dps. Add some jewel slots and you'll see a big increase.

That brings me to another question then. Should I get gem sockets on my next levels or just keep going for the rest of the block nodes, which would provide less passive damage bceause of cybils. Possible it's preference as well.
"
Laere wrote:

That brings me to another question then. Should I get gem sockets on my next levels or just keep going for the rest of the block nodes, which would provide less passive damage bceause of cybils. Possible it's preference as well.

Personally, I would grab at least 1 more socket since they're right on your path. You can get jewels that have a 1% block chance along with other useful things (e.g. life, dps). You'll probably "feel" that more than getting another 1% block on the passive tree.
"
Sgravion wrote:
"

IW 20/20 give +48% spell dmg (+2%spell dmg every 10 str points.) = 48% + 64% = 112% spell dmg.
FC 20/20 give +49% casting speed.

112% sdmg vs 49% cspeed.

Now imagine:
What value is easier to get from jewels?

You answered yourself :-)

My best csped jew give me 8% cspeed.
My best sdmg jew give me 31% sdmg.

A medium jew gives 16% spdmg and 5% cspeed

As implied before, my goal isn't to say which skill is better. It's quite possible that max dps is higher with faster casting.

The point is that Iron Will is pretty useful and can get dps that's comparable with what others are reporting even with unleveled/no quality gems and incomplete gear (e.g. no Rathpith).
Last edited by anteku on Aug 18, 2015, 10:03:17 AM
"
BrownKnight wrote:
"
Blissey1 wrote:
I have a question about the second cwdt combo. Would that not be equally as effective as a cast when stunned gem, since blocking counts as a stun? you could put cast when stunned with tempest shield and temp chains

I just tested this, as it would be a HUGE advantage if it was true... Sadly, it is not. Blocking does not count as a stun, going into the block animation does. You only do the block animation if the damage would be enough to stun you and you block it. With all the other mitigation and the ton of HP this build has, stuns or block animations are pretty rare. Therefore you wind up casting more spells via CWDT then using CWS.

Perhaps mid game, when your HP and defenses are not so high, this would work better.

well yes, block animation is what I meant. I should have worded it clearly.

I've been using it and its been working pretty well for me so far, but I've only just hit 70 so maybe it is a mid leveling thing like you said.
GEMS AND LINKS SETUP

Spoiler

- 3L: Cast when Damage Taken Level 3 - Temporal Chains Level 7 - Herald of ice

*Curse On Hit
(I think thats what you mean)xD

Well i am probably wrong. If i am please expand
Last edited by Ricardo47 on Aug 18, 2015, 2:25:17 PM
so no one has any ideas to the ignite / burning ?
"
Majin111 wrote:
so no one has any ideas to the ignite / burning ?

I use ignite a little on a fireball witch. Burning is fun when you use it with elemental proliferation. Go for it if you want something different, but my gut reaction is that monsters die too quickly on this scion build to benefit a lot from ignite (caveat: haven't tried ignite on my scion).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info