Map Drops in The Awakening

"
LMTR14 wrote:

2. cut down XP needed on the early levels so players can get to the endgame quicker

What? It takes about 2 days to reach mapping then you can do maps forever. And you want to make the 2 days even shorter?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Chris wrote:
On the Closed Beta, the drop rate for higher maps that we've been testing recently is lower than the live realm. While there are several mapping groups in Beta happily sustaining the highest tiers of maps, it took them a lot more effort to get there than it normally does. We want to bring this experience to more players.

So, you're being at least somewhat clear about the kind of experience you want groups doing maps to have.

Hopefully you'll be at least as clear about the kind of experience with mapping that you're hoping to bring to solo players. It would be helpful and appreciated to know that.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Map drops seem to be absolutely AWFUL right now. 30??+ maps and not one boss dropped a map. Other mobs can at max drop a +1 map, but usually don't. I'm back to lvl 69 maps and on my way to having just lvl 68 maps until the next Zana daily kicks in.
Last edited by TheError on Jun 17, 2015, 3:53:03 PM
"
TheError wrote:
Map drops seem to be absolutely AWFUL right now. 30??+ maps and not one boss dropped a map. Other mobs can at max drop a +1 map, but usually don't. I'm back to lvl 69 maps and on my way to having just lvl 68 maps until the next Zana daily kicks in.

That sucks, bad. Hopefully 2.0 will not be so painful, otherwise I can see plenty of people losing patience. good luck!
"
Drakkon1 wrote:
"
TheError wrote:

That sucks, bad. Hopefully 2.0 will not be so painful, otherwise I can see plenty of people losing patience. good luck!

Just had my first map drop from a boss in a 135% quantity (suicide map, but i'm totem so it's ok). Took me like 50 or so maps.

Of course might just be RNG but I asked another guy who's in the top10 of ladder and he said the same.
Last edited by TheError on Jun 17, 2015, 4:44:30 PM
I'm lvl 81, started mapping at lvl 64. I have yet to see a +2 from a boss and have been running chisel + alch maps since lvl 77. I am finding it hard to sustain 70-71 pool and have run out of currency to buy chisels. GG
I may be quitting the game due to terrible map drops on LIVE right now. I have been running tons of 74+ maps and finding zilch. I ran 3 maps and a zana daily today and literally found ZERO maps across all 4. All were chiseled, one was 116% quantity. Lowest was 82% with 44% magic monsters. I use sac fragments too.

What is the point of playing, can you tell me? I'm halfway through 89 and have blown through all of my 76+ maps. I'm down to around 5 75 maps, all of which I bought the other day. I will be running 73s and 74s here soon, and I get about 1-2% per map in those.

I don't understand the point of gating experience and end-game content with so much RNG. Make the game twice as hard for all I care, but stop this gating bullshit. The fact that the drops are getting NERFED in Beta blows my mind. Clearly no one at GGG has ever managed a map pool, and I challenge them to do so without buying maps from people.

Sincerely,

Sick of shitty rng endgame
Team Won
Yeah if map drops stay like this I won't even consider playing anymore either. I made it in the top 10 in standard beta because everyone stopped playing apparently. And so did I now (gonna try the exiles everywhere race because that at least sounds like fun), playing lvl 70-71 maps all the time is not right.

The map drops right now are absolutely sad. But I'm hoping that GGG realises that before the beta ends.
Last edited by TheError on Jun 19, 2015, 3:00:44 PM
GGG is watching the game played by streamers. They get free items, people help them level boost and they get free maps most of the time.

It is easy for them to keep a steady pool of maps when they have a full guild+viewers behind. GGG see those guys doing 100 in 2 weeks and thinks everyone can do that and nerf the map drop in 2.0.

Well guess what since 2013 I am still 98 and I can t sustain enough maps because I mostly solo and I have almost none in guild doing rotation.

If GGG continue to think all the players are like the top 10 in ladders who can get free maps and are so rich they can spend 20 chaos on each 78 they get, they will quick loose customers.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jun 19, 2015, 3:29:49 PM
Currently lvl 86. Cant get past lvl 70 maps its insane. Getting no Exp in 69-70 maps,and no maps either.
Started Chiseling and Alchemy/Chaos spamming maps and im still Falling behind in maps.

just Ran my 8th 71 map in a row with not a single 69+ map dropping (all of them were 20%Q with ~80-100 quantity. On my last 2x 71s now. Its really broken. Feeling totally Dis-encouraged to continue Playing the beta.

Gonna run those 71s and call it quits till the Awakening goes live i guess

nope ... 2 more maps not a single 69+
Last edited by Vepar90 on Jun 20, 2015, 3:48:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info