Map Drops in The Awakening

Increasing monster difficulty, increasing the danger of map mods in higher level maps, decreasing player defenses (leech, eb) ..

I started a reddit post on this, and I doubt that you will see this or that, but:

Pop a zana daily, and what happens? You get a random map, out of the ENTIRE pool (including uniques), scaled to level 74~78 assuming you have lvl 8 zana (rolls +/-2 on 76).

Why can't we dispose of the monotony of endless gorge/shipyard runs, but having every map that drops BE random. Give me level 74 dungeons, give me level 69 double boss palace, give me level 78 jungle valley! I demand to random!

Last edited by RabidMonk on Jun 30, 2015, 4:42:28 PM
awww u poor babies, QQing about your lack of map sustain. Maybe you'd like them to reintroduced the former Exp set up too? where you can ONLY get exp in maps that are withing your range, but no, you always get a flat 2% of everything you kill no matter the map level. you wana get to lvl 100 you can do it doing peity runs if you want. granted it'll take forever, but less we forget the endless Baal runs. In reality its not that bad.
Last edited by Quiex__VZ on Jun 30, 2015, 9:44:38 PM
There's no point in me playing anything less than a level 76 map on my level 93 shadow. Even level 76 maps give me less than 1% xp. Right now as a solo player in standard, I can very nearly sustain level 76 / 77. I have some 78s but I don't run them because I know that I'll run out really quick and they're hard to replace. If the changes Chris talks about make it impossible to sustain maps at the same level, if I can no longer sustain level 76/77 maps for my shadow, then it will basically make it not worth the effort required in order to level. I'll probably stop playing.
"
There's no point in me playing anything less than a level 76 map on my level 93 shadow. Even level 76 maps give me less than 1% xp. Right now as a solo player in standard, I can very nearly sustain level 76 / 77. I have some 78s but I don't run them because I know that I'll run out really quick and they're hard to replace. If the changes Chris talks about make it impossible to sustain maps at the same level, if I can no longer sustain level 76/77 maps for my shadow, then it will basically make it not worth the effort required in order to level. I'll probably stop playing.

So you run precinct and shrine only? The purpose isn't to sustain anything rly. You sustain +- when you roll well in the very long run(through experience). The purpose is the clear speed and the currency management(through experience) rly. I'm not even sure that you get more xp/hour in your random shrine map than you would get in a very easy 75 ^^.

I would more recommend doing shipyard, the map is designed in squares, move from square to square, it can get fast, it's open and it yelds far more xp. Up to you to trade for sustain if needed or side farm. As long as you don't die and farm fast enough, you'll get to 100 like any no lifer!

A standard and wealthy enough player will get to 95 easily when xpack comes out i'm sure.
Last edited by galuf on Jul 2, 2015, 12:11:38 PM
When I read the original post referencing the higher lvl map drop rate and how maps above lvl 75 were never intended to be easy to find and how the drop rate would be decreased I did not blink an eye. Playing weeks and weeks of the beta this became a major issue around lvl 84. RNG is RNG, some people were able to sustain a pool (good for them), while others like myself soon found themselves with nothing but lvl 70 maps and lower and no way to get xp.

The increase is awesome, the boss drops are icing on the cake. I play at weird times due to being in college, and, find that during this beta there are VERY FEW mapping parties being put up on the public posting boards. This means that I was forced to either run solo or grab a buddy if any were on. When you are lvl 84+ and you run out of maps besides 70 and below and there are no mapping groups...you just stop playing.

The most fun I have had in the beta so far has been doing Voll runs with big groups. This is extremely enjoyable! Please do NOT nerf the Voll drops! There was a rumor Voll was nerfed, please don't do this! PoE needs end game farming, Voll is awesome for this! A big, open area to farm him in, it is a close to perfect group farming spot that is much funner to run than old Dom split runs (ewww).
🐢
Last edited by Koheleth on Jul 2, 2015, 5:20:48 PM
"
Quiex__VZ wrote:
awww u poor babies, QQing about your lack of map sustain. Maybe you'd like them to reintroduced the former Exp set up too? where you can ONLY get exp in maps that are withing your range, but no, you always get a flat 2% of everything you kill no matter the map level. you wana get to lvl 100 you can do it doing peity runs if you want. granted it'll take forever, but less we forget the endless Baal runs. In reality its not that bad.

Hi, this is beta we are testing drop rates here. This is what we do. GGG is changing the drop rate back because the lower one FAILED. Simple.
🐢
Its pretty frustrating when you spend tons of currency on a 78, and can't zone back into it due to being spammed with an "unexpected disconnection" error, losing all portals and everything you invested in the map. Even more frustrating when you know the map had a Zana npc in it...
it's kinda sad when u are 88lvl and only map drops u get is 68-70 maps and when u get that 74-75 map, u wont get any maps from them..

maybe its time to chance game.
I haven't had a map drop from bosses in about 3 days now. I'm 86 and grinding 70-72 maps. Sounds pretty stupid to me.

Edit. I take it all back, i just killed a 72 boss with a ghost in it and got a 68 map, so everything seems to be in order here.
Last edited by MegaForce83 on Jul 23, 2015, 2:57:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info