Map Drops in The Awakening

The league where I had the most fun was the 1 month with all mods league. I never was able to sustain 78 maps(mostly solo) and but league I was and I loved it. Kept leveling till 94(could have gone higher but was kinda done after spending a bit to much time on that league).

I am looking forward to the new maps(new tile sets) but I really really hope we will be able to sustain at least mid tier maps. Hearing people cant even sustain 72 maps is just crazy when the highest tier is about 10 levels higher...
You want to bring the experience of it being difficult to sustain high maps to more players? Most of your player base already experiences this.

You are balancing around the .01%. This is exactly like when carto's dropped 0-3 maps because a 6 man party would get 30 maps.

I've been playing since release, so we're approaching 2 years. I have never been able to sustain maps above 72-73 in any league playing solo. After accumulating maps for the past 1.5 years I'm doing 75+ all day long in standard, but that's because I have 1.5 years worth of maps. If you want to nerf party map drops, nerf party map drops.
Sustaining 75s wasnt that Hard. Atm Sustaining 71s is harder than 77s on live.
Can someone from GGG please post something on this matter? Whether or not you guys are looking at a fix, thinking about alternatives, etc...? Mapping at this rate will be only for the parties and discourages solo play. Most players right now ARE solo players.
"
pinetemplar wrote:
My main concern is for solo players like myself. It is very hard and if droprate will be even lover almost impossible to play in high level maps. Which will decrese desire to play at all.

i went from a 100% party player to a solo player so i now share this concern too. is the map system balanced for solo players or party players?
GGG Can you please check to see if quantity is even affecting map drops? Just did a 196% map and nothing dropped...

"
SnKArcbound wrote:
You want to bring the experience of it being difficult to sustain high maps to more players? Most of your player base already experiences this.

You are balancing around the .01%. This is exactly like when carto's dropped 0-3 maps because a 6 man party would get 30 maps.

I've been playing since release, so we're approaching 2 years. I have never been able to sustain maps above 72-73 in any league playing solo. After accumulating maps for the past 1.5 years I'm doing 75+ all day long in standard, but that's because I have 1.5 years worth of maps. If you want to nerf party map drops, nerf party map drops.

Agree here.

Why not make maps bigger? Increase size map and increase pack size so there will be more chance to find map?

Just add more space, increase all size at 90-150% map and add packs.

Hope it will help GGG, hope so.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Last edited by TreeOfDead on Jun 21, 2015, 8:32:42 PM
I am not sure if more emphasize should be on killing the map boss or rolling harder maps.

Killing the boss is very static. If a build can do it then it can do it and will continue to do it on easy map rolls. There wont be much variation to it. Some buils are going to achieve it with one shotting everything.

Map mod rolls are variable and different combinations can create different outcomes for many builds.

If killing the boss alone will be the only important thing in sustaining and walking up in the map-levels, nothing much about mapping will change: Blue map + packsize or occasional magic monsters and go kill the boss on easy mods (as it is done now mostly).

It is much easier to evaluate the risk for your char when planning to kill the boss on easy mods than playing a map on hard mods and try to kill the boss but potentially you have to skip it (the latter one you actually should want for poe chris).

Therefore harder map mods should value higher than killing the map boss. But therefore map mods needed to be changed (I made some suggestions at: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1294872). -24 max resistance is way too much in order to make ppl not skip it and evolve their builds around it (just one example). Map mods should have a more moderate increase in difficulty so that a combination of them (e.g. -24 max res + elemental reflect) does not make it impossible for many builds to play such mods. Only then builds will take that into account (you don't start a fight that you cannot win...) and are going to try to deal with the added risk.

If map-mods stay as they are, ppl will continue to evolve their builds around easy maps + killing boss as no matter how much they adapt to hard mods, they will never be able to play -24 max resist and elemental reflect in a reasonable setting. They will continue to dodge it (and nothing much changes compared to the current situation).

On the other hand putting too much emphasize on being able to kill a map boss is creating new imbalances between ranged and melee and some builds vs. other builds. Many bosses are just way easier to kill with always repositioning ranged chars than with melee builds that have to walk close and stay there to deal damage.

These things should be considered when refining the map system for sure. As a result only killing the map boss on an easy mod map shouldn't be the goal for poe in order to achieve real build diversity (which again would give advantage to glass cannon, high dps, ranged builds only).
Last edited by LSN on Jun 22, 2015, 3:21:57 AM
map drops in solo farming are ridiculous, I will not be playing awakening if it's not fixed, it was not easy before, but now im truly done with this game, what is the point of denying end game to players?
Id gladly kill all the map bosses and do any of the affixes my build can handle, AS LONG AS I GET TO SUSTAIN my map pool. Jumping down to 68-71 all the time while im 90+ is just ridiculous.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info