Map Drops in The Awakening

I absolutely love this change. I usually love doing bosses in maps when they are rolled hard. Usually not only for the loot, but for the satisfying feeling when you in fact do slay the boss with hard mods. Now we get our +2 maps from the bosses, that's just great ;D

Have to wait and see how it will turn out, but I'm all signed up for this.

This post will probebly get ignored by all the frigging flaming going on though :(

"
Elua wrote:
"GGG used a vaal orb on itself and became Blizzard. Worst corruption outcome ever."

Oh please dude, get over yourself already.
Last edited by fgcewoud on Jun 9, 2015, 1:44:31 PM
I always felt that I will rage quit this game after expansion released. They can do only nerfs. Nothing innovative anymore. Now that stupid change(at least sound stupid to me on theory)... to nerf more even stupidly low map drop. I can probably accept less xp gain on high char levels but NOT less map drops. Because I'm almost 99 on Standard and I know how demotivated I'm when don't have maps to run. What the f*** u expect from me, to go to clear 70lvl maps?? When im 99. I'm sure alot ppl will just stop playing because of that.. is so stupid. Now I play beta and is the same shit. 3 days farming maps and I stuck 70-72 lvl maps... no progress 3,4 days. Am I so nubish and don't understand something or what? How to progress... the game takes so much time to get 100 and without maps what can we do? to farm 68 maps or act4? I don't know if this is RNG(i dont think so) but last 2 days I forgot the sound of map drop. What if i'm some build that can't run "hard" mods... I play RF and can't run half of the mods. And I'm solo player obviously and obviously don't want to buy maps.. I will never play in party too.
I'm watching how people react on these nerfs and I'm watching what GGG doing... they just don't give a damn f*** about it... so... whats the point.
"
Joleco wrote:
I always felt that I will rage quit this game after expansion released. They can do only nerfs. Nothing innovative anymore. Now that stupid change(at least sound stupid to me on theory)... to nerf more even stupidly low map drop. I can probably accept less xp gain on high char levels but NOT less map drops. Because I'm almost 99 on Standard and I know how demotivated I'm when don't have maps to run. What the f*** u expect from me, to go to clear 70lvl maps?? When im 99. I'm sure alot ppl will just stop playing because of that.. is so stupid. Now I play beta and is the same shit. 3 days farming maps and I stuck 70-72 lvl maps... no progress 3,4 days. Am I so nubish and don't understand something or what? How to progress... the game takes so much time to get 100 and without maps what can we do? to farm 68 maps or act4? I don't know if this is RNG(i dont think so) but last 2 days I forgot the sound of map drop. What if i'm some build that can't run "hard" mods... I play RF and can't run half of the mods. And I'm solo player obviously and obviously don't want to buy maps.. I will never play in party too.
I'm watching how people react on these nerfs and I'm watching what GGG doing... they just don't give a damn f*** about it... so... whats the point.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
"
Chris wrote:

There are three goals for our changes:
  • For players to choose to play harder maps (by rolling them to have more and harder mods)
  • For players to choose to kill the map boss (rather than occasionally skipping it)
  • For players to find the highest tiers of maps challenging to complete and to sustain

On the Closed Beta, the drop rate for higher maps that we've been testing recently is lower than the live realm. While there are several mapping groups in Beta happily sustaining the highest tiers of maps, it took them a lot more effort to get there than it normally does. We want to bring this experience to more players.

If you want us to choose to play maps with more mods rather than increase the map tier, map mods will need to have +experience gained. Because currently the reason we roll map mods is to get more items and higher tier maps to get more experience. If we can't get these maps properly it will result in being alot "harder" to reach a high level. And by hard I mean frustrating.
It will also take more currency to sustain maps.

You might also want to consider making low level map drops a really rare thing on high level maps or mapping will be something only the really rich people (who fuck up the economy) can do.
That what you want?
If rare/unique mobs won't be able to drop +2 maps anymore, please add a lower limit to the map level that can drop too. I don't want to see a 66 or even a 70 map drop when I'm playing an 80.
"
Joleco wrote:
first, rf can't run exactly two mods - no regen and minus max. Blood magic is sketchy but doable and half regen is sketchy but doable with blood dance

Second of all if you're lvl99,doing 66 maps would actually be better for you. Look up havoc video where he explains why he's running 66 maps at 99
"
fgcewoud wrote:
I absolutely love this change. I usually love doing bosses in maps when they are rolled hard. Usually not only for the loot, but for the satisfying feeling when you in fact do slay the boss with hard mods. Now we get our +2 maps from the bosses, that's just great ;D

Have to wait and see how it will turn out, but I'm all signed up for this.

This post will probebly get ignored by all the frigging flaming going on though :(

"
Elua wrote:
"GGG used a vaal orb on itself and became Blizzard. Worst corruption outcome ever."

Oh please dude, get over yourself already.

He isn't wrong and I mean for god sakes just don't eat everything GGG gives you; GGG isn't always right.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Daxidol wrote:
At least D3 lets you have challenging content most of the time. Considering going back tbh. :/

This is the funniest thing I've read all week.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
These changes suck. Hard. Not getting +2 maps means that when we're stuck being in shit tier maps it will be that much harder to get back up. Why do you eliminate +2 but not do anything about -10s? Who wants to *have* to be part of a "mapping group". That sounds awful.

Stop screwing up what works and just add fun new shit to do.
Last edited by Zaanus on Jun 9, 2015, 2:20:34 PM
Very informative post by Chris. Looking forward to act 4.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info