Map Drops in The Awakening

"
nononononono wrote:
Please stop trying to force onto players how you guys want us to play your game.
loooool.they make the game bruh, they are the ones dictating, not you.

I should go and tell Facebook to stop forcing how I want to view my homepage/feed, since it changes every year. Yeah right.
"
grepman wrote:
"
nononononono wrote:
Please stop trying to force onto players how you guys want us to play your game.

I should go and tell Facebook to stop forcing how I want to view my homepage/feed, since it changes every year. Yeah right.

That reeks of conformism. The changes are poorly worded and some people are incredibly cynical, but they are not wrong to criticize this.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
nononononono wrote:

That reeks of conformism. The changes are poorly worded and some people are incredibly cynical, but they are not wrong to criticize this.
I don't have anything against criticizing the change as its constructive. Saying 'stop making change I don't like' is not constructive criticism. Moreover, since this is not simply a mere program but a game where designers want you to play according to THEIR vision, not John does vision, that post is hilarious on many levels
Maybe I should ask the government to stop forcing on to me how I should be governed by them. I didn't vote for the Patriot act.

Maybe I should ask Microsoft to stop forcing me to use Windows in the way that they like and give me my Unix fork
"
Pockey wrote:
+2 maps too dangerous lol what a joke

That shit is really actually pretty ridiculous to the point where they just made it on spot just for an excuse I mean for god sakes make a better one.

Okay okay like this the design team is basically wrote a bunch of quotes right and put that shit on a bill board

''Too dangerous''
''We want the game to be gated''
''Just cause''
''Deal with it''

Alright? So they throw a dart blind folded; Where did it land? Too DANGEROUS alright that's genius right there well say WE CAN'T +2 maps because it's ''TOO dangerous'' you should be promoted.

Cmon GGG You can do better!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jun 9, 2015, 6:34:30 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing. They can cause players to get out of their depth - playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have.

Then let the difficulty be the gate, not currency and map seed RNG.

A gate you can freely open and difficulty, content, challenge you can access if you want, dare.

I agree.

Also allowing people to get in over their head presents a nice risk/reward system of its own for those racing to 100. Poe has never been the type of game to hold the players hand...I feel this decision is starting to deviate from that mantra.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
I know plenty of people that can do 75 maps at level 60. So that's kind of bullshit about that part, for sure, I'm sorry - for noobs with crap gear and skills, perhaps.

I agree there should be incentive to do map bosses, but they should also be doable in a reasonable manner. As it stands, quite too many of the bosses tend to hit too hard all at once or unfairly, whether to my HP, or worse - to my FPS / GFX card (some I just load and die before I'm back to moving, like Graveyard). So why would I risk my 10% XP, or my entire character, when some of those are just so risky? Map drops won't cut it, I'd rather buy maps or get you to make the encounter balanced if I'm to do them.

Also, Silence. FUCK Silence.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jun 9, 2015, 6:22:00 PM
Make it so from lvl 90 it takes 3 or 4 times more experience to lvl but do not nerf the drop rate of maps, also make the maps harder to run so there will be a challenge in hitting 100 again
Write random stuff here
I like these changes.

Ia gree with anuhart the difficulty thing is a bit lol, but that aside... I think these are good changes.

I would say maps whos bosses dont need buffed...

palace
crematorium
jungle valley
museum
graveyard
dungeon
torture chamber

those bosses are already needing a reward worthy of the risk they provide, players are skipping these bosses more often than they should because the current risk is too high for the potential of their drops.

honestly most of the other bosses could do with being buffed, stuff like shipyard is a complete joke, way too many of the bosses are a complete joke. But you have to be careful because crematorium is retarded, it feels like you have instagib 6 figure dps or you use rise of the phoenix with purity of fire or you do not even attempt this boss regardless of what it drops because the damage of that firestorm is insane. You dont want every single boss being a complete build/damage gate like crema because thats actually very harmful and will not result in players feeling the challenge is worth almost certain death when running those maps over and over if they do not meet the narrow criteria for the fight.
"
Chris wrote:

The change of having only map bosses drop +2 level maps is not intended as a strict nerf. Those bosses now drop additional items, so you should see more +2 maps from them. It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing. They can cause players to get out of their depth - playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. We expect these changes to both help with this situation and to also provide an understandable way to have a chance at a +2 map: killing the map boss.

In addition to the map changes described above, we should note that Merciless Act Four is intended to be very difficult content. It'll provide a way to challenge your character without having to play in maps.

So basically you dont want us to challenge ourselves through maps that are +2 but want to challenge our characters in act four, makes sense. Why not just say the +2 map change was done to make it harder to get higher tier maps. Dont have to sugar coat it and make it sound like you are protecting by keeping us away from impossibly dangerous maps.

Quick question, since maps wont drop +2 from monsters anymore can they still drop -8 maps? If you guys are adjusting the high end why not adjust the low end along with it. You know balance the scale?? Its already annoying enough getting 67 maps in 76+ maps and this change is just going to make mapping experience even more frustrating.
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info