Map Drops in The Awakening

When are these changes planned to be in the beta?
Map drops need a nerf because some groups can sustain high level maps, I thought everyone knew that this is what the game is built around. It is the same with high tier unique drops, if everyone found them, what would be the point of grouping up or becoming a streamer?
Last edited by Stiansn on Jun 9, 2015, 10:32:02 AM
The only thing in the game that I mind the rarity on is high level maps... In this new system new players aren't even going to be able to get +2 maps. When I was a new player I wasn't good enough at earning currency to keep enough alchs and chaos to roll maps, so I was always stuck on low level blue maps and rarely got characters above level 75 or so because of the map rolling frustration. Re rolling an alt was simply more fun than hoping for map drops that never came. If anything the map system should be similar to the gem system and just cost a small amount of currency from a vendor. I think high reward unique maps and atziri are a much better way to gate high level content by RNG. I don't need sacrifice fragments to get level 87 and complete my build, but I absolutely need to get map drops.
MAPS SHOULD BE GATED ON CHARACTER ABILITY AND NOT RNG OF FINDING CONTENT!

I cannot believe people who play this game want RNG to gate them from doing content their character can handle no problem, you guys are ******* *****!
"
MAPS SHOULD BE GATED ON CHARACTER ABILITY AND NOT RNG OF FINDING CONTENT!

I cannot believe people who play this game want RNG to gate them from doing content their character can handle no problem, you guys are ******* *****!

If players can't easily maintain a pool of maps for the hardest content they're able to do then it's a design problem. We shouldn't have to do content that offers 0 challenge for countless hours for a relatively small amount of fun/challenging content.
Great ! Love the changes .
PLz make a risk reward system for map drop we wait that since closed beta....

Hard map= map drop and no more easy blue pack size = best for map drop.
I always try most map bosses, and I'm happy with current map drop rates. All the maps I did were with chis/alc/vaal to get higher IIQ. I can do most with my main char and leave a few with -max & ele ref to my summoner char.

If the new overall map drop rate, including the drop from magic/rare/unique/boss, could retain the same as it was, then it seems fine. Otherwise it's really a bad idea to apply the change.

I have not much expection over rare drops, 99.99% I got went to regal recipe. More regal recipe materials but less maps? How can you make this happen?
BIS MF rings for mirror
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/871521
Last edited by Pax0011 on Jun 9, 2015, 11:47:48 AM
Seems like GGG doesn't need casual solo players anymore.

Fine for me, there is no point in wasting time in this forever beta if one can play games like Witcher 3. I haven't logged to PoE for last few weeks and when I see such announcements I wonder when I will be so bored to log into PoE again, but it will not be anytime soon for sure.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.

Really ? i mean in live most dangerous map are not high lvl map, some 72 map are 1000 time more dangerous because of the bos than some 75/76/77 map with boss easy as fuck.

Btw i really dont understand why you change how look the map item the old map look really better than the new o ne

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info