[2.2] Ice Crash: Size does Matter (including leveling guide video)

First of all: Thank you for that build. It's so much fun to stunlock the bosses that killed you a thousand times before. It's like: "Does this hurt? Does this hurt? Does this hurt?..." :D

But I think one could still tweak a bit in the skilltree early stages. I am talking about Master of the Arena (MotA) with it's "+2 Melee Weapon an Unarmed range". This doesn't affect the radius of Ice Crash (or at least not it's visual effect, so i assume also not it's damage radius). The two screenshots below were taken, standing at the same spot holding down SHIFT and hitting in the same direction. Once with an two handed axe (weapon range 7) and once unarmed (weapon range 4). When you look at tiles the bottom of the image you can see that the circle on the ground hasn't changed in radius. Only the center is a bit further away from the character when using the axe.

What I want to say is: you proposed going for MotA relatively fast. But considering the +2 range aren't affecting Ice Crush, perhaps you could reconsider this. I intended to ask if going for MotA and in consequence also Art of the Gladiator is even worth the points, but i think it seems ok (HP, Armour, Attack-, Movementspeed). Would be nice if you could share your opinion on the matter.

Again: thanks for an awesome build ;)
JffMichi
How would you go about fixing my skill tree?? Everyone else is using the other build path, but I used the "easier to level up with " route. I have 3 skill points that I haven't used yet. Should I just get like 50 refund points and re-do my nodes??
Can you post your gear at the moment or what gems are in what pieces of armor. I am confused what gems you have linked in your gloves most importantly. I am not sure what you have in there.

Thanks though I enjoying the build very much!
"
jffmichi wrote:
First of all: Thank you for that build. It's so much fun to stunlock the bosses that killed you a thousand times before. It's like: "Does this hurt? Does this hurt? Does this hurt?..." :D

What I want to say is: you proposed going for MotA relatively fast. But considering the +2 range aren't affecting Ice Crush, perhaps you could reconsider this. I intended to ask if going for MotA and in consequence also Art of the Gladiator is even worth the points, but i think it seems ok (HP, Armour, Attack-, Movementspeed). Would be nice if you could share your opinion on the matter.

Again: thanks for an awesome build ;)
JffMichi

cheers,

Duelist mid section is very allround. Not really for the +2, but mainly for the life/dex/move/attackspeed is all good. Also gives the option for abit of int and mana when needed. I dont mind respeccing points, I usually respec a bunch when I can reach a new notable every 4-5 levels and flilflop some %life around when I can improve,

Good to see you trying to find answers yourself. A nice tip for testing range is in your own hideout. You can place small decorations on the floor to measure with. I assume (is the mother of all .... ups) it does extend ice crash direct damage of the first ring, when you click on a monster close range. Dont know for sure, just guessing. The +2 is handy for heavystrike boss kiling, the knockback can be rather annoying. Once you have a carcass and US /IR it does take a high (88+?) level to pickup those nodes.

"
sclaar wrote:
Can you post your gear at the moment or what gems are in what pieces of armor. I am confused what gems you have linked in your gloves most importantly. I am not sure what you have in there.

Thanks though I enjoying the build very much!

Asenath unique gloves (temporal chains on hit)
Arctic breath - gmp - increased duration - cwdt
(its hard to roll 4 off colors on ES gloves. Except for arctic breath, the build doesnt have much use for blue sockets in a 4L. when youŕe out of chromatics, could always try a setup with a golem with minion gems)

or
Corrupted rare gloves with temporal chains on hit.
any 4L setup

Another tricky spot are the boots. If you use blood dance, it means you need another bunch of non green offcolors. Hatred is green , but doesnt need to be linked, so could take a spot in your 6s 5L item. That leaves bloodrage.
Bloodrage-increased duration - rallying cry ---..........
So thats 2R alrdy that need to be rolled.

Its a puzzle you need to solve yourself. weapon & body armor are for leapslam and ice crash.

So everything that does not fit your gloves and boots is pushed into your helmet.
In this example that would be: herald of ash-increased burning damage +......+......
whatever is left, vegeance / golem / enduring cry / hatred etc.

If you however manage to get lucky when chromatic orbing your gloves/boots itĺl get alot easier.

"
Collapser wrote:
How would you go about fixing my skill tree?? Everyone else is using the other build path, but I used the "easier to level up with " route. I have 3 skill points that I haven't used yet. Should I just get like 50 refund points and re-do my nodes??

on vacation atm, crappy computer cant seem to open trees and spoilers etc. Wouldnt worry about respeccing alot before 60. Perhaps somebody else could help you if you link your tree and lvl.

Could suggest you try out the offline tree planners that are on the web. Invest some time, create your own solution. Most trees work best by your own custimisation with your own gear anyway. You could learn alot from brainstorming with an offline tree planner too, no wasted time there, and less chance to messup your tree while respeccing.
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Jul 18, 2015, 3:07:41 PM
Do you think that the build would still be completely viable with a 5L Carcass? I mean, still able to do at least the highest tier of maps if not Atziri too.
Last edited by lussiano on Jul 18, 2015, 4:26:35 PM
lussiano, question about chromatics was answered on page 11
hello ) maybe see Passive tree 20-40-60 ?
Hey I'm trying this build out in Warbands and so far I LOVE it. I'm 1 shotting everything ever since level 28 when I could use Ice Crash.

I was wondering, if you have the time, if you could look over my passives and gear and maybe give me some advice to where I can improve my overall character. I'm level 65 and I've pretty much followed the guide to a tee.

Gear

Gear_In_Bank

When I get a chance I'm gonna get the Blood Dance boots and Gentle Touch gloves 4 linked so that's why I'm not wearing them now.

Numbers:
Ice Crash with Hatred/HoA/Flame Golem/Inc AoE: 12,606
Ice Crash with Hatred/HoA/Flame Golem/Conc Effect: 18,374
Armor: 1303 (21%)
Evasion: 771 (17%)

Thanks!
Last edited by mrblonde321 on Jul 18, 2015, 2:48:10 PM
"
Werdandi wrote:
lussiano, question about chromatics was answered on page 11

Thank you. I edited the question.
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAdwEswUtB3UJlhLhFCAaOCFVIWAnICcvLIUs-y3SMfs5DjndOzs8BT38QKBBP0bXR35QR1HmVylYY1nzWhpeE18_ZU1mVGjycYVyD3KpdO12rHdTd-N4enloeu98S3zZf-OCm4TZhO-FUoV7h2qKIozPkFWQbJLQlG-Uh5Z0l3maO57Fnz6f36IAouqpJ6luqZSsqq2NsUK9Nr6nwGbApsEExtjPftlh2rncPd-y5FHkseoY6wnsOO8O73zwH_ZI9zI=

That is my build path. Anyone want to help me fix it??? My gear is in my profile, I'm not too sure how to post it in the forums.

3.8k hp, 15.5k dps with my 2 auras. 4k armor .
Last edited by Collapser on Jul 18, 2015, 11:25:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info