[2.2] Ice Crash: Size does Matter (including leveling guide video)

58 now, got enough life/s now and can use this setup. however i still have trouble with mana on singletarget. I guess i need some more mana nodes, and a decent juwel.

However i have another question regarding "bosses" with elemental resistance. I feel like doing 0 dmg. What´s the trick?:D
Hi Minstrel !

Iam playing Ice crash in the new tempest league!First of all i want to discuss some problems of the Two Handed builds and ask your opinion!I wanted to play two handed Marauder since i have a max block tank char!

1)Two Handed Weapon takes both places in Inventory!Dual wield has block - shield and 1handed has even more block and Two Handed has more dps!So we start with a dps boost but a lack of second defence that will hurt us in high level maps and difficult bosses.The safest way in my view is high armour and at least 5 endurance charges!I still have trouble with bosses and !So i want your opinion on defence!

2)In terms of gear i want to ask you if you have tested Cherrubims Maleficence for the life leech rate (and new life leech in general)..Also this chest provides more chaos damage can be good with unholy might (or Ming's Heart) and a great amount of armour nearly 2000 if u have Iron reflexes!Carcass Jack lacks armour in my view..

3)The build is really great fun to play especially when u leap into packs and u smash them but i think we need a better optimization here..We need to find a way to sustain our life better and dont relate just to stun and kill first to recover flasks and continue before dying..

4)My biggest trouble with the Two handed Ice Crash build is that it has its limit!I mean this build cant get a char to "the next level" since our aura limitation and our lack of survivability!GGG might suggest they buffed melee with Ice Crash and Fortify but it now looks how bad melee was in my view and how this game by its nature promotes safe projectile//spellcaster gameplay since even now its difficult to survive in many occasions without high end gear!
Currently peeved.

Don't take this the wrong way - I love the build. The only issue is that even with all my gear, I can't seem to do atziri. I can do it with cyclone and that makes me sad. I only have issues with the split phase for atziri, I can't seem to either burst it down fast enough as you did in the video, but can't even attack fast enough to just do hit n' runs.

Don't know what's going wrong. Currently level 87 with 5.2K hp. I do switch out added fire with stun / faster attacks with hypothermia / increased aoe with conc effect. Even then, sometimes I don't even stun the trio in atziri.

My current equips are

Spoiler

Current skill tree

I've spent a lot of time already in the warbands league and I don't want to reroll/regret into a cycloner simply because I can't clear atziri.

Any helps/tips/suggestions?
Last edited by iCrucifix on Jul 15, 2015, 8:12:19 PM
Did i miss something ? I don't understand why there's an "Endurance charge on melee stun" support gem for Vengeance and Leap slam when both of these attacks do little damages in the actual configuration.
hi, noob here =)

i am lvl 33 and despite of having a lot of fun with this build i have a few problems/questions.

sustaining mana:
i dont have linked anything to BM yet and also no mana on hit / leech on my gear.
im currently running only hatred.
cant find any mana nodes in the templer are (maybe im blind)

curses:
i dont know exactly which curse to run.
is it temp chains now or warlords mark (maybe warlords will help with mana problems ?)

support gem priority in main skills:
could somebody roughly prioritize the support gems for leap slam an icecrash ?
as for LS i think i come along: stun+fortify,
but for icecrash i dont know about hypo or inceased area

thats it for now i think =)

best regards and thank you in advance.

Last edited by hekkktorr on Jul 16, 2015, 5:09:53 AM
can u please use the website feature to link your gear and gem setup rather then screenshots? i find the gemsection a little vague. otherwise great guide :)
Very nice writeup! You really invested some time into ice crash. I could learn some thing :-)
"
Harest wrote:
Did i miss something ? I don't understand why there's an "Endurance charge on melee stun" support gem for Vengeance and Leap slam when both of these attacks do little damages in the actual configuration.

You're not using leap slam for damage at all. Its only used for mobility and to create endurance charges and get fortify up.
@Guttershank : The thing is, AFAIK, you don't stun if you don't do enough damages. So how Leap Slam / Vengeance is supposed to generate endurance charges ? Or, what did i miss ?
Is the default damages (well Fortify up dmg a little) of Leap Slam enough to stun some trash mobs ?

Enduring Cry and Warlord's Mark sounds more reliable to me.
Last edited by Harest on Jul 16, 2015, 9:42:55 AM
Hey.

Very interesting build. Definitely trying it out after my rip in Tempest.

I wanted to ask your final opinion on the 2 skill builds you have:

v1.2 vs "Allround Leveling Tree"

1.2 - http://poeurl.com/zr38eKO
Allround - http://poeurl.com/zr8fgin

Which would you recommend for final build, since there appears to be quite a few difference (Unwavering, IS)? What's the main difference?

Also, what are your thought on picking up the Consitution (health nodes near Scion) for HC playthrough?
Last edited by Violander on Jul 16, 2015, 11:41:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info