The forums aren't fun anymore

"
Kuruguhn wrote:
Bump by procurement

This is exactly what GD needs :D
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Charan's the ruler His thread should remain here
I dont see any any key!
Can i report GGG messages that read "post removed" for spam? Because its all i get. Freedom of speech being taken away one post at a time. Next stop: Free thought.
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
Can i report GGG messages that read "post removed" for spam? Because its all i get. Freedom of speech being taken away one post at a time. Next stop: Free thought.

Nowhere is it stated that you have complete freedom on speech on the net, much less on a company's forums.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:

Nowhere is it stated that you have complete freedom on speech on the net, much less on a company's forums.

Freedom of speech is an illusion exile
I dont see any any key!
Could you all please leave the "freedom of speech" shit alone? This precious little thing does not need to be mentioned here. It is exaggeration at its finest. This is a forum of a company. Freedom of speech always ended there where it harms others in their freedom. FoS is such an incredibly important thing that it should not be used on every term of moderation or keeping things in line. And, btw.: Freedom of speech does not necessarily mean that you have the right to spit out everything you want. It sometimes just means to not speak at all, because it is better. I want to see all you William Wallaces, when i come to your own business and shout "fuck your business!" or "Hey you, other customer: fuck you for wearing a blue shirt!". Yeah. You wouldn't cut my FoS, right? That's why the "less-moderated-off-topic-section-wish" is just so ridiculous: Hey company! Give us offtopic where we can do what we want. The internet just has three pages to do so. And we want to do it here. Doesn't matter that it could harm your reputation. Does not matter that this is a POE-focussed forum. We need that place. Otherwise this forum is just boring. Yeah. OR you just could go here for POE-related stuff. And if you want fun, just google. There are more than 3 pages out there.

And about the nazi-comparison made two pages ago: shame on you.

Man. Some serious Che-Guevarism is going on here. "Resistance!", "Freedom of Speech!", "Nazis!".

I totally agree that things didn't go well. But this is no reason for exaggerating on this high level.

The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
^Agreed - freedom of speech is not right to say stupid shit. :V We are guests on the forums, hosted by GGG. We can argue about moderation policies, but don't use FoS as your shield, please.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Yeah freedom of speech has nothing to do with this. You have freedom of speech towards the government, this means you can demonstrate vs Obama or whatever the fuck you want and the government can't stop you (at least that's how it should be...). That's what freedom of speech is about, not the speech between citizens or between a customer and a business.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
ghamadvar wrote:

Man. Some serious Che-Guevarism is going on here. "Resistance!", "Freedom of Speech!", "Nazis!".

I totally agree that things didn't go well. But this is no reason for exaggerating on this high level.

As an aside, I have always shaken my head sadly at the people who wear Che's image like some sort of religious icon. They appear to have NO idea how evil that man was... ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:

As an aside, I have always shaken my head sadly at the people who wear Che's image like some sort of religious icon. They appear to have NO idea how evil that man was... ='[.]'=

Because it never has anything to do with real person, it is an idea behind the image that is attractive. Just like with Bob Marley.

There is a whole book about how the modern market is making monsters of the past with outstanding personalities into symbols of something that they never been, but it is written in Russian and i cant really find an English version anywhere tho i know for a fact it does exist.

You can read "Generation P" by Victor Pelevin, he have an interesting point of view on this matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info